Week 1 updates

BearsFan88

The Bandana Bunch throw 2 straight fists to the face of Blacksburg, tie the game at 21-21.   9 Minutes left in the game.  This young bunch from Giles is exactly that, young, but has some raw talent and there is no quit in em.  

Just now, stu_bean said:

When you have been on the bottom for years.l, you have earned it.

If you say so.... My coaches always preached " act like you've been there before" and he is a well respected coach at Marion. 

3 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Some sore losers there. Just take the record amounts we put on you a few years ago and let it go

You started crying about the Cats airing so speak for yourself about being a crybaby 

Just now, Canes00 said:

Yeah keep crying about the Cats laying the wood tonight 

Better team won plain and simple. No crying about the dogs performance. They did their best effort and freshmen just have to bulk up

3 minutes ago, Fairlawncat said:

The Bandana Bunch throw 2 straight fists to the face of Blacksburg, tie the game at 21-21.   9 Minutes left in the game.  This young bunch from Giles is exactly that, young, but has some raw talent and there is no quit in em.  

Yep our fans need to be patient with this bunch

Just now, Canes00 said:

You started crying about the Cats airing so speak for yourself about being a crybaby 

All I said was not a fan. I'm sure I'll see plenty of that next week. Can't say anything bad about the game. We lost plain and simple. 

5 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

When you have been on the bottom for years.l, you have earned it.

After years of teams run up the score on us. We do it then everybody has fit. This is day in time. But I don't see coach Harris running up on coach Patterson in future. But there been couple times that teams in our district that has left starters into the fourth qt. But it's not going stop in the future. 

FINAL

Gate City  13

Richlands  38

Congrats to Coach Tarter on his 1st win as HEAD COACH OF THE BLUES!!!

Dylan Brown with 105 yds on 14 carries

Drew Simmons with 2 TD's and 84 yds  in receptions

Final from Goochland, 13-7, Goochland beats King William.  Don't let the score fool you.  Goochland is the real deal and to me, King William looks like Appomattox in different uniforms with incredible size and athleticism.  King William did a whole bunch to hurt themselves in this game with turnovers and penalties.  King William is legit and no surprise if they come out of the East and get to Salem.  

Carson Jenkins impressed me not just with his speed, but his cutting ability in moving through defenders.  He can see open lanes clearly and his speed just moves him to another gear.