Richlands vs Union

Blue72

I think if Union has a strong line and backs they can chew up some big chunks on the ground. Richlands defense impressed me with their speed sideline to sideline and containing the edge. But they are a little small. May have a tough time with a big RB. I think they'll handle speed pretty well this season.

These next 5 games for Richlands are BRUTAL. I think this week tells us quite a bit about how Richlands stacks up in the region — and how realistic of a chance they have to get to week 7 at 3-3. 

29 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

I just looked at y’all’s schedule and holy $#!+!!! 

Yeah, no kidding lol. And then a matchup with David Crockett in week 10. Just an insanely tough schedule. 

11 hours ago, Westisthebest said:

I think if Union has a strong line and backs they can chew up some big chunks on the ground. Richlands defense impressed me with their speed sideline to sideline and containing the edge. But they are a little small. May have a tough time with a big RB. I think they'll handle speed pretty well this season.

This game will be interesting.  I think Tarter's presence makes a huge difference in this team. I look forward to seeing how Union's secondary reacts to a pass heavy team.  

24 minutes ago, FoxTrot said:

This game will be interesting.  I think Tarter's presence makes a huge difference in this team. I look forward to seeing how Union's secondary reacts to a pass heavy team.  

Hopefully Jenkins keeps playing like he has as of late

2 hours ago, goose111874 said:

These 2 playing each other has knocked off about 5 years of my life.  Been some of the best games I've seen since the 90s

No kidding. There’s a reason the teams call it #TheGame on social media lol. It was as close a rivalry as I’ve ever seen for those first 6-8 years. Looking forward to getting back to the park this year. 

🚨🚨SCHEDULE ANNOUNCEMENT🚨🚨
Due to COVID protocols and the health and safety of players and fans from both schools, #TheGame scheduled for Friday night has been postponed.
We will now travel to @TheUnionHigh on Friday, October 22nd at 7pm.
Please be safe, y’all.

5 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

will this also effect the GATE CITY FOOTBALL program??? due to the contact tracing??

Tazewell didn’t have to quarantine in the spring when Graham was shutdown. We had just played them but then again, it was a JV player that caused all that mess so he wasn’t really in contact with Tazewell team at the game. 

9 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

will this also effect the GATE CITY FOOTBALL program??? due to the contact tracing??

Unsure. Grundy tested positive the few days after our benefit game with them and we never had to quarantine. I guess it would depend on if any GC player shows a symptom. 

8 hours ago, blueinbama said:

🚨🚨SCHEDULE ANNOUNCEMENT🚨🚨
Due to COVID protocols and the health and safety of players and fans from both schools, #TheGame scheduled for Friday night has been postponed.
We will now travel to @TheUnionHigh on Friday, October 22nd at 7pm.
Please be safe, y’all.

11 minutes ago, It's All About The U said:

If Union was not the one who had the Covid issue, aren't they allowed to still play if someone reaches out to them wanting to play?

I guess anything is possible but since they rescheduled it I'm not sure how that would work. As of right now they will still have 10 games on their schedule right?