Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Gridiron60

Tazewell vs Graham

Recommended Posts

 

Tazewell has been hit by the injury bug once again.  Mikey Jones out for the season with a torn acl.  They were down a few to V-High due to quarantines and injury.  (Not making excuses).  Tazewell is young, but is talented.  They will only get better as the season goes.  I think Graham should be as advertised this year. 

This Graham team seems to have size, speed and talent.  They need to stay focused, however.  Lack of focus and penalties have hurt them the past couple of seasons.  I like what I see in Wallace at DE.  Clements has great speed at corner as well for Graham.  Line seems solid.  They held their own with a very good OL ans DL from Abingdon.  Linebacker play is excellent once again. Then of course there is Bradshaw.  Graham has several young backs and receivers coming up that look good for Grahams future.

Tazewell-Graham next season and the season after that should be a battle.  Graham has too much depth and talent this year.  They will be hard for anybody in D to beat.  I think D comes down to Graham and Union.  V-High and Richlands not far behind., both much improved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 

IF Graham had not been shut down I would say this one wont be close but Grahams starters havnt played a full game a football this year and there really isnt any conditioning you can do to get kids in game shape especially  with 2 weeks off. With that being said I dont know if Tazewell can keep it close enough in the first half to wear Graham down in the second half I think Graham just has way too much talent and they are much better up front. I will take Graham Tazewell will make a run at it in the second half but it will be too little too late

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Not practicing or playing will affect anyone.  Doesn't matter if it's the best team in the nation, they will be rusty.  Tazewell will need to come out and play mistake free and jump on that momentum and ride it for a chance.  Is it possible they can pull out a win?  Of course but reality is Graham will shape it up after about a quarter and a half and take over the game.

Tazewell showed signs of a great future ahead of them and they should get better as the season goes on.  The line needs work on both sides, more so on offense.  Creasey shows that can be a great QB and the future is bright for him.  Freshman mistakes I saw and those will get cleaned up as he grows.  The important thing is not to get demoralized with a few of the games they play this season (Graham, Bluefield, Riverheads) Let's hope all the players that can be available will be and they give it their best effort Friday night!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

I just hope the game gets played. All this Covid ramping up in Tazewell County & surrounding areas makes me wonder. Another county had a JV and player test positive but didn’t quarantine the entire team (per parent of kid exposed). I wish Tazewell County wouldn’t overkill on the quarantining (quarantining vaccinated kids & adults)  It makes no sense to cancel all practices but yet expect the athletes who aren’t quarantined in school for class indoors during shutdown of athletics but can’t practice outdoors. Hopefully, Covid spike takes a downturn and more common sense takes place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
33 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I just hope the game gets played. All this Covid ramping up in Tazewell County & surrounding areas makes me wonder. Another county had a JV and player test positive but didn’t quarantine the entire team (per parent of kid exposed). I wish Tazewell County wouldn’t overkill on the quarantining (quarantining vaccinated kids & adults)  It makes no sense to cancel all practices but yet expect the athletes who aren’t quarantined in school for class indoors during shutdown of athletics but can’t practice outdoors. Hopefully, Covid spike takes a downturn and more common sense takes place. 

I think they have changed their protocol.  I heard from one source last week exactly that of quarantining all regardless.  His wife is a teacher so he would know.  But then on Saturday I heard from another teacher at Graham Middle that wasn't the case anymore.  Only those positive or non vax get quarantined.  This is also echoed from a teacher at Tazewell Middle.

Bottom line, I think it's a moving target and the school board is left in the middle trying to do what they think is best with neither side being happy with whichever way they go.  I know we had players out on quarantine Friday so not sure why Graham had to shutdown.  If I had to guess possibly an over reaction???

I agree, hope the game is played regardless the outcome and will say the same about all other teams as well.  This is the last chance for the majority of players in their football career.  Let's let them have every chance they can to make the most of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
23 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

I think they have changed their protocol.  I heard from one source last week exactly that of quarantining all regardless.  His wife is a teacher so he would know.  But then on Saturday I heard from another teacher at Graham Middle that wasn't the case anymore.  Only those positive or non vax get quarantined.  This is also echoed from a teacher at Tazewell Middle.

Bottom line, I think it's a moving target and the school board is left in the middle trying to do what they think is best with neither side being happy with whichever way they go.  I know we had players out on quarantine Friday so not sure why Graham had to shutdown.  If I had to guess possibly an over reaction???

I agree, hope the game is played regardless the outcome and will say the same about all other teams as well.  This is the last chance for the majority of players in their football career.  Let's let them have every chance they can to make the most of it. 

Yeah, I wasn’t sure why Graham had to shutdown completely when others weren’t. That’s part of the inconsistency. Hopefully, they will all get on the same page and kids will get to play as much as possible. School board is in a no win situation in every circumstance Covid related or not. You’ll never please everyone but certainly don’t add to the ammunition with inconsistencies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
 
 
 
Just now, goose111874 said:

Hell this game probably won't even happen.  I'm cautious about covid but graham seems to be on a whole other level

The first half of this statement is the biggest thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
 
 
 
19 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

I haven't found a mask that would stop a good fart yet. 

Well masks mainly prevent against respiratory droplets. Hopefully those farts you are breathing in aren’t wet. If so I would be more worried about e. Coli and other fecal born diseases. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
1 hour ago, goose111874 said:

Hopefully they play because I gotta find a game to go to somewhere

 

6 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Burton/Chilhowie. Might not be the biggest game, but should be one of the most evenly matched.

If you want the most evenly matched…. Go watch Eastside/Lee lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
2 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Laugh all you want. You saw what VHS did to Tazwell, Graham will score at will

VHS is going to do that to a lot of teams this season.  Palmer’s not going to hang 72 on anyone…what a ridiculous prediction.  And that’s including Graham coming off a COVID pause.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

I can not wait until the Gate City game. I'm older and remember well the days when Radford was in the old Region 4 with the likes of Graham, Tazewell, and Gate City, and three of them powerhouses. Throw in the Bandana bunch from Giles, and man it was a fun region. I loved the trips to the West, and places like Legion Field are still in my memory as a youth. If the Gate City game is cancelled, I'm going to be really depressed.  I hope we can continue to keep getting series with you guys in Region D. It reminds me of old times, but hopefully we get the W at Gate City. I'm beginning to wonder or think it might not be as easy as I originally thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
34 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

VHS is going to do that to a lot of teams this season.  Palmer’s not going to hang 72 on anyone…what a ridiculous prediction.  And that’s including Graham coming off a COVID pause.

Okay then maybe 60-0 (2015 FC), 61-7 (Narrows), 62-14 (Bland), 52-8 (Tazwell), 51-0 (VHS}.  So I'll change it, 62-12. Happy?

 

Palmer has scored 60+ three times against bad teams since 2015.

 

Know how many times Turner at Union has scored 60+ against bad teams since 2011? Once. So save the faux outrage for someone else. 

 

Let's not get into laughable predictions UVAO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...