Week 2 updates.

SW_VA_boy

15 minutes ago, Plywood_King said:

Chilhowie was without their starting runningback, which, if anyone knows anything about Chilhowie, should have been enough to spot Burton 14 points. I don't know that it's a condemnation against Burton, or if Chilhowie is that much improved.

JIB was without there RB Teasley tonight. Might be a great playoff game down the road.

Statistics for Graham vs Tazewell 

Graham Total Yds 408

Tazewell Total Yds 150

Graham Total Penalty Yds-163, 17 penalties for 163 yds, 13 more than Tazewell had in offense

When watching that game, I thought Graham might be going for some kind of record in penalties or something.  It just seemed like not every other play, but it got to the point that if Graham actually ran ANY kind of offensive play without a penalty, I grew shocked.  The penalties were legit also.  Nothing on the officials.  There is being rusty from Covid and lack of practice, and then there is lack of discipline.  If you are a GMen, you are counting your lucky stars that it is lack of practice and Covid rust.  

2 minutes ago, Fairlawncat said:

Graham Total Yds 408

Tazewell Total Yds 150

Graham Total Penalty Yds-163, 17 penalties for 163 yds, 13 more than Tazewell had in offense

When watching that game, I thought Graham might be going for some kind of record in penalties or something.  It just seemed like not every other play, but it got to the point that if Graham actually ran ANY kind of offensive play without a penalty, I grew shocked.  The penalties were legit also.  Nothing on the officials.  There is being rusty from Covid and lack of practice, and then there is lack of discipline.  If you are a GMen, you are counting your lucky stars that it is lack of practice and Covid rust.  

Graham has had this problem for about 3 or 4 years now.  This will cost them dearly come playoff time, if they don't get it cleaned up.  Talk about talent on the field though, they have plenty of it.

Glenvar goes to 2-0, beating the Dawgs of Martinsville 25-7 on the road at Martinsville against a Martinsville team that is supposed to be much improved.  I believe Glenvar may be the second best team in Region C ahead of us (Radford) and behind Appo.  Radford and Glenvar will be a coin toss type of game.

7 minutes ago, Fairlawncat said:

Graham Total Yds 408

Tazewell Total Yds 150

I think if I were a Gmen guy, I would have had a heart attack by now with the emotional toll they take on ya!! LOL.  This bunch can score on any play, at any given time, from anywhere on the field EASILY and with little effort, then they have the ability to start out a drive 1st and 40 with a clip and unsportsmanlike conduct at the drop of the hat on first down.  They can then score on first and forty easily, only to be penalized again.  It's really incredible, just remarkable man.  Emotionally, very challening for a fan I'm sure, but........I can tell you as a Radford fan, I would love to have that talent.  God help anybody if Graham actually gets out of Graham's way, but Graham seems to do a very good job of stopping Graham over the years.  When they don't though, you get a 2018.  Same thing this year.  They have the talent to win a state title, but they also have enough Graham in em to lose the first game of the playoffs with 200 yds in penalties.  You just never know with Graham.

1 minute ago, Fairlawncat said:

I think if I were a Gmen guy, I would have had a heart attack by now with the emotional toll they take on ya!! LOL.  This bunch can score on any play, at any given time, from anywhere on the field EASILY and with little effort, then they have the ability to start out a drive 1st and 40 with a clip and unsportsmanlike conduct at the drop of the hat on first down.  They can then score on first and forty easily, only to be penalized again.  It's really incredible, just remarkable man.  Emotionally, very challening for a fan I'm sure, but........I can tell you as a Radford fan, I would love to have that talent.  God help anybody if Graham actually gets out of Graham's way, but Graham seems to do a very good job of stopping Graham over the years.  When they don't though, you get a 2018.  Same thing this year.  They have the talent to win a state title, but they also have enough Graham in em to lose the first game of the playoffs with 200 yds in penalties.  You just never know with Graham.

Having played both Virginia High and Graham, Virginia High would beat Graham and it wouldn’t be that close.  A lot of season to go, but VHS’s execution was just leaps and bounds better.

1 hour ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Disappointed with Graham not taking a knee for our injured player.  Graham has a dozen coaches on the sideline.  One of them could have told the players to take a knee.  Maybe I'm over reacting.  Personal fouls not a good look either.  Graham has a lot of talent on that roster, but lack of discipline won't get them very far come playoff time.  They have a lot to work on.  As for the dogs, they fought hard.  Had a lot of adversity and played hard, all you can hope for. They were simply outmanned and Bradshaw is incredible.  Clements for Graham showed his speed on a long td that was called back. 

Graham would've been more polished tonight if they would've got to play Bluefield and got that benefit game in against Ridgeview. It was an ugly win tonight, but considering how things has went for them and several other teams in the area I'd be pleased.

2 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Having played both Virginia High and Graham, Virginia High would beat Graham and it wouldn’t be that close.  A lot of season to go, but VHS’s execution was just leaps and bounds better.

The SWD is going to be fun. 

17 minutes ago, Fairlawncat said:

Graham Total Yds 408

Tazewell Total Yds 150

That doesn't count the several penalties that weren't called that should have been. Can even say we should have had a few illegal procedures that weren't called. But I know of at least 3 times I saw a hold, a face mask and a personal foul.