Week 2 updates.

SW_VA_boy

Final, Christiansburg 33, Abingdon 27, C Burg wins it with 35 ydish TD pass with about 7 or 8 seconds left on the clock.  The WR for C Burg made a diving catch in the endzone.  Abingdon is absolutely going to be heartbroken.  Two very, very good teams played tonight. 

7 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Me too. With everyone Burton returned, they've been disappointing.

Chilhowie was without their starting runningback, which, if anyone knows anything about Chilhowie, should have been enough to spot Burton 14 points. I don't know that it's a condemnation against Burton, or if Chilhowie is that much improved.

From Appomattox VA, Appomattox 37, Rustburg 20.  Final Score  Appo pre-season honorable mention All America junior RB Pennix did Not play in this game, and the All-State QB Senior Lawing for Appo got hurt in this game.  No word yet on how bad the injury is.

Just now, Hokiebird7 said:

Quit rubbing it in lol

1 year away for the wingers.  This game wasn't no 55-7 drubbing.    Giles made it respectable playing on the road against a team that returned a bunch.  I want to see this contest about 365 days from now.  I think it's much closer.

Just now, LoneWolf said:

Final Score - Pulaski Co 49 Jefferson Forest 16

That score tells me lots about Dixon and how solid he is at coach  With what Pulaski lost to graduation, that score was supposed to be a lot closer.  That's scary news for Bluefield and Graham, both of which play PC.