Tazewell Vs. Mount View

bulldog05-CO2017

2 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

At what point do you just… stop TRYING to stir the pot? 

Trying is the operative word there.  He thinks he’s being cute and smart, but in reality he’s coming across as a buffoon.

As for the game itself, the issues with Tazewell aren’t schematic or effort-related.  The issues are youth and depth, even excluding COVID-19 protocols.  That’s coming up the pipeline though; the middle school team has 51 kids and there’s size and speed aplenty there.

Tazewell’s opened up against what are most likely the 2 best teams in the SWD.  Neither game was a bonafide blowout.  In both games, Tazewell’s shown flashes of wonderful play.  It just hasn’t been sustained.  As the level of competition ratchets down this week, and as Tazewell returns home, I think the script flips this week.  Expect a nice offensive output and a much more effective running game.

52 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Trying is the operative word there.  He thinks he’s being cute and smart, but in reality he’s coming across as a buffoon.

As for the game itself, the issues with Tazewell aren’t schematic or effort-related.  The issues are youth and depth, even excluding COVID-19 protocols.  That’s coming up the pipeline though; the middle school team has 51 kids and there’s size and speed aplenty there.

Tazewell’s opened up against what are most likely the 2 best teams in the SWD.  Neither game was a bonafide blowout.  In both games, Tazewell’s shown flashes of wonderful play.  It just hasn’t been sustained.  As the level of competition ratchets down this week, and as Tazewell returns home, I think the script flips this week.  Expect a nice offensive output and a much more effective running game.

IMHO Tazewell's effort against Va High wasn't that impressive. Lots of "reaching" to make tackles. Half heartedly attempting to block. Last night against Graham on the other hand they had some fire. Looked much better. They have athletes all over the field with very little varsity experience. If they can stay healthy by season's end they will look like a different team. Carter is a tough kid. He took some shots last night and bounced right back up. 

The score doesn’t reflect it but Tazewell handled Graham pretty well overall last night. Tazewell has some great athletes especially in Mullens & Harris. I hate they lost the other kid to ACL injury. Their freshman QB is going to be great with more experience and a stronger line to give him more time. Tazewell gets the much needed win this week. 

5 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Lol oh really now? Wanna know how many DMs I've gotten laughing at you? It's more than 10..THIS WEEK.  So who's the buffoon? You calling anyone a buffoon is hilarious considering how dumb you came across during basketball season and before the playoff games. I'm messing around for fun. You thought you were so right, you were so serious and you were as wrong as any person has ever been. So watch that buffoon shit, I do it for fun, you do it in all seriousness and you're STILL way wrong  

Bluefield -  JJ Davis - Princeton, Anthony Eads - Princeton, Cory Copolo - Graham, Ryker Brown - James Monroe, Will Cole -Graham, Jamel Floyd - Princeton/G Wythe, Chandler Cooper - Graham and you let the kid from Richlands (Webb)  come to practice but he went back.  Let’s not pretend kids don’t transfer to Bluefield. 

I know it hurts to be called out, but look how many of those kids helped you win State and you got a Kennedy Award winner out of it.

18 hours ago, Bluefield researcher said:

Didn't Tazewell just play Mount View? No wait that was the Mt View team now playing for Graham.

11 hours ago, T8KNDookeez said:

Bluefield -  JJ Davis - Princeton, Anthony Eads - Princeton, Cory Copolo - Graham, Ryker Brown - James Monroe, Will Cole -Graham, Jamel Floyd - Princeton/G Wythe, Chandler Cooper - Graham and you let the kid from Richlands (Webb)  come to practice but he went back.  Let’s not pretend kids don’t transfer to Bluefield. 

I know it hurts to be called out, but look how many of those kids helped you win State and you got a Kennedy Award winner out of it.

Two legit questions here simply because I don't know.  First has Mt View played a game yet?  Know their first game was postponed/canceled, but not sure about last week.  Does Mt View have anybody to watch for and what do they bring to the field with what they do have this year?

4 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Two legit questions here simply because I don't know.  First has Mt View played a game yet?  Know their first game was postponed/canceled, but not sure about last week.  Does Mt View have anybody to watch for and what do they bring to the field with what they do have this year?

I believe they beat Riverview 40-0 in season opener. I'm not really sure that says much. I don't know the answers to your other questions. 

25 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I believe they beat Riverview 40-0 in season opener. I'm not really sure that says much. I don't know the answers to your other questions. 

I thought I saw the article that the battle of the views was canceled?

5 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

I thought I saw the article that the battle of the views was canceled?

It might have been, I could be thinking last year... someone else may have to be your go to source. I know the game with Mann was postponed. 

Update: their FB pages shows win over RV 40-0 & 1-0 on season. 

4 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

They did play. I think the score was around that 40-0 area. I'm really not sure if that tells us Mt. View is good or RV is horrible at this point lol. 

Must have been FAKE NEWS that I saw.  Would have come from either BDT or WVVA so enough said there...

Going back and looking at articles, see that it was limited attendance.

Edited by stu_bean

14 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

River View is very, very bad, so I’m not sure anything of note could be gleaned from that game.  That being said, this is Tazewell’s 3rd straight opponent who is as of now undefeated.

11 minutes ago, tazdawgznation61 said:

It’s sad to see a coach let his players cuss and talk trash to young kids after the game like that. What a disgrace for Mt View 

There are things that go on at that school that's never reported. I'm not trying to put a school or the people in that area down but it's literally the wild west down there. Things can get a little western there on a regular basis.