Graham vs Richlands

Gridiron60

1 hour ago, goSWVA said:

I heard one of the Richlands coaches tested positive yesterday. Anyone know what the protocol would be in that situation? Will they still play?

There is a coach who tested positive early this week and won’t coach tomorrow night — but that was known days ago and shouldn’t affect anything. 

1 hour ago, Ryan4VT said:

I’ve seen more than one principal or AD go onto a field to try and stop a fight. Y’all are seriously making a mountain out of a mole hill. Guy went out to check on his son who was on the ground hurt — and then tried to keep the peace during what was about to be a brawl. 

But to be fair, I don't think they'd allow a regular parent to do that. FWIW sounds like the principal did nothing actually wrong. 

1 minute ago, BigWinners said:

But to be fair, I don't think they'd allow a regular parent to do that. FWIW sounds like the principal did nothing actually wrong. 

I’ve seen plenty of parents go onto the sidelines to check on their injured kid. It’s just usually not all happening in the middle of a near-brawl. 
That said — I don’t see anything he did that was egregious. He went onto the field to help separate the teams — which I feel is well within his bounds as principal. 
I just feel like everyone is taking that whole 30 second chaos and making into someone wayyy more than it actually was. 

2 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

I’ve seen plenty of parents go onto the sidelines to check on their injured kid. It’s just usually not all happening in the middle of a near-brawl. 
That said — I don’t see anything he did that was egregious. He went onto the field to help separate the teams — which I feel is well within his bounds as principal. 
I just feel like everyone is taking that whole 30 second chaos and making into someone wayyy more than it actually was. 

I see your point   they likely wouldn't let a regular parent be on field checking on kid unless seriously hurt but it falls within his duties to help break up fight. Sounds like no big deal unless he was being aggressive towards GC kid, which I have not heard happened. 

3 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

I see your point   they likely wouldn't let a regular parent be on field checking on kid unless seriously hurt but it falls within his duties to help break up fight. Sounds like no big deal unless he was being aggressive towards GC kid, which I have not heard happened. 

I don't think he was ever over there near the GC kid. His players and coaches had drug him back to their sideline pretty quick. It was the rest of the players from both teams who were all jawing at that point.

2 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

There is a coach who tested positive early this week and won’t coach tomorrow night — but that was known days ago and shouldn’t affect anything. 

I think this is another coach from yesterday, but I’d still say you are right and it won’t change anything. 

18 hours ago, Mountain Football said:

Wait a minute. There was an altercation at another game in Tazewell County? It had to be Tony Palmer's fault!😂 There's no way it could have been Coach Tarter's fault. 

If my son was "attacked from the back" as you say. I would probably be asking myself what caused a farm boy from Gate City to do such a thing. Could it be that little Johnny's on the field shenigans caused such a reaction? Maybe precious little Johnny has been writing checks with his mouth that his a$! can't cash. Maybe we have been spitting on kids and said Gate City player had enough. 

I cannot say what was said or done during the scramble for the ball - and I’m sure there was plenty from both sides - but I was there and saw the player get hit. The Richlands player was facing the home bleachers celebrating that they had the ball when he got hit in his back and everything broke loose. 

Also for whoever is interested, the principal and dad of the Richlands player was professional. He was calm, which I give him props for since his son was involved, and he did not approach the GC player. Richlands AD and others were on the field at the same time. Players and crowd were going wild, but adults on the field actually acted like adults. 

8 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

I’ve seen more than one principal or AD go onto a field to try and stop a fight. Y’all are seriously making a mountain out of a mole hill. Guy went out to check on his son who was on the ground hurt — and then tried to keep the peace during what was about to be a brawl. 

Mark this on the calendar for me defending Richlands, I agree completely with this.  He was trying to stop a big issue from happening from his role status.  Should he have rushed out on the field initially, no. It is what it is and move on with it.  Not like he was trying to stir anything up.

Being from Marion, I can't speak to the specific incident. I will say, however, I've been around Rickie Vencille (AD at the time) when my daughter played against RHS.  He was nothing but calm and professional during several highly stressful situations. 

12 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Graham’s defense is stepping it up! They were plain nasty! I feel for the Blues, it’s hard coming off a quarantine with little practice especially when your opponent is playing lights out on D. 

I like what I see on defense for Graham.  Good mix of speed, size and athleticism.  I was extremely impressed with Blevins at QB.  I think they would  have won that game  without Bradshaw, which is what is scary about Graham this year.  They have depth and have kids that can come off the bench and make plays. As for Bradshaw, 4 or 5 targets and 3 td's?  That kid has an insane amount of talent.  

If I'm Graham's coaches, I am playing that last play of the Union game last year over and over again in the weight room. I would play audio of it on the practice field and blast it while Graham practices this week.  Get them focused on beating Union.   Can't wait for that one.

17 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I like what I see on defense for Graham.  Good mix of speed, size and athleticism.  I was extremely impressed with Blevins at QB.  I think they would  have won that game  without Bradshaw, which is what is scary about Graham this year.  They have depth and have kids that can come off the bench and make plays. As for Bradshaw, 4 or 5 targets and 3 td's?  That kid has an insane amount of talent.  

If I'm Graham's coaches, I am playing that last play of the Union game last year over and over again in the weight room. I would play audio of it on the practice field and blast it while Graham practices this week.  Get them focused on beating Union.   Can't wait for that one.

I’d be blasting that last play all week, playing it on loop! I hope the GMen can finally make it happen at Mitchell against Union. It will be no easy task but hopefully, they’re mentally prepared & ready come Thursday. 

58 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Graham’s defense is stepping it up! They were plain nasty! I feel for the Blues, it’s hard coming off a quarantine with little practice especially when your opponent is playing lights out on D. 

Not hard to play lights out eheh the other team shows 0 energy. Just too much to ask on 2 days of practice. Congrats on the win. 

The QB for Graham is very, very accurate to me.  I know Graham has shuffled QB's some and I'm sure both are solid.   The kid that played tonight through the ball on the money.  If he is normally this accurate, Graham even gets scarier.  I've watched Graham play a bunch on NFHS over the past few years and I'm not saying the kid at QB tonight for Graham is as dynamic as 2 former D1 recruits in Allen and Lester.  Also, the kid in the spring was good, but as far as Accuracy, and getting the ball from point A to point B for one single game, that's the most Accurate performance (not the best, not the fastest) but most Accurate in the air for a Graham QB I've seen in a while.  Maybe it was a one game thing.  I don't know.  If the kid is normally that accurate, it really creates problems for opponents compounded on what they already have to deal with.  I thought Graham was supposed to take a step back at QB this year with the loss of their senior QB from spring, but it appears to me they are actually better at QB.  

As a hometown transplant now in central Virginia,  I don’t get to stay as attached and informed with Graham football as much as I used to be.  However I watched last night’s game and was very impressed. I too, found the QB play to be excellent.  The playmakers around him are impressive as well.  Lots of energy and effort from whoever touches the ball.   That kind of effort will wear teams down.  The defense,,,wow.   As this team grows and cleans up they will be impressive. 

11 hours ago, Fairlawncat said:

The QB for Graham is very, very accurate to me.  I know Graham has shuffled QB's some and I'm sure both are solid.   The kid that played tonight through the ball on the money.  If he is normally this accurate, Graham even gets scarier.  I've watched Graham play a bunch on NFHS over the past few years and I'm not saying the kid at QB tonight for Graham is as dynamic as 2 former D1 recruits in Allen and Lester.  Also, the kid in the spring was good, but as far as Accuracy, and getting the ball from point A to point B for one single game, that's the most Accurate performance (not the best, not the fastest) but most Accurate in the air for a Graham QB I've seen in a while.  Maybe it was a one game thing.  I don't know.  If the kid is normally that accurate, it really creates problems for opponents compounded on what they already have to deal with.  I thought Graham was supposed to take a step back at QB this year with the loss of their senior QB from spring, but it appears to me they are actually better at QB.  

Graham gained a physical runner with this quarterback.  He is very strong and athletic.  I was impressed with him following his blockers and getting big chunks of yardage running the ball.  The one thing I think he needs to work on most is tucking the ball better when he does run with it.  I do believe he played qb in middle school and did a little bit of 7 on 7 at qb a couple years back. (not for sure, somebody could clarify maybe).  Great move by Graham, by putting an athlete at that position.  I've been looking forward to watching this defense since their first scrimmage, you can see the speed and athleticism, could be a special defensive unit this year.

16 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Graham gained a physical runner with this quarterback.  He is very strong and athletic.  I was impressed with him following his blockers and getting big chunks of yardage running the ball.  The one thing I think he needs to work on most is tucking the ball better when he does run with it.  I do believe he played qb in middle school and did a little bit of 7 on 7 at qb a couple years back. (not for sure, somebody could clarify maybe).  Great move by Graham, by putting an athlete at that position.  I've been looking forward to watching this defense since their first scrimmage, you can see the speed and athleticism, could be a special defensive unit this year.

If Graham wins the region, send Tazewell a thank-you card.  Without Meadows rolling his ankle, Blevins would have been stuck behind him on the depth chart.  Even in the booth, Blevins behind center made the whole thing click.

Congratulations G-Men.  They were clearly the better team. To echo the reviews about the QB and Bradshaw, I was very impressed.  Richlands will be fine; however, as I said in a previous post, Graham has been a sleeping giant.  They have always had the talent in the immediate area (including West Virginia), and I noticed another Isabel on the roster in addition to Bradshaw. They now have a coaching staff to match. The addition of Dennis Palmer and Ronnie Davis add to the mix. I recognize that Palmer defense anywhere. No butt hurt here. Realistically, I understand the situation and am disappointed by the loss. Next week's match up between Region D's primary programs will be exciting. 

On 9/11/2021 at 10:57 AM, UVAObserver said:

If Graham wins the region, send Tazewell a thank-you card.  Without Meadows rolling his ankle, Blevins would have been stuck behind him on the depth chart.  Even in the booth, Blevins behind center made the whole thing click.

Maybe a Graham parade down Main Street would suffice?