GW vs Giles

Jollay, living rent free

Just now, gwloyal said:

Great game, and congrats Spartans. 

You're absolutely right...The coming years very well could make for some classics. 

Losses are always disappointing, but proud of our effort. Neither team played a perfect game, and it damn sure wasn't officiated perfect for either side lol! But it was a very good game to watch all the same. The final minute of that game brought back a lot of "big game" feelings between us two. Regardless of the outcome....That was awesome!

Agreed. That officiating was so bad. Both schools had to suffer from it. Could be an exciting potential playoff rematch. We all know what happens when Giles and GW meet up for a rematch in the playoffs. It’s always a hell of a game.

47 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

It wasn’t pretty but it did come down to the wire as I imagined. Thankfully the Spartans jumped out to an early 13 point lead because after that we could not finish drives. Giles is still down 7 total starters and will hopefully get them back within the next few weeks. It’s still early but I do think this team can finish with an 8-2 regular season record. Two young schools left it out on the field. The games between these two in the coming years should be fun. 

Was Giles starting center out tonight? Lots of bad snaps tonight

Good hard played games from both teams tonight...turnovers as usual were the difference IMO...GW defense did a good job but our domination on offense in the 4th quarter won the game for us...we held the ball the entire quarter except last 3 plays of game I believe.

I could do without the GW constantly bitching and moaning about everything though

4 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Good hard played games from both teams tonight...turnovers as usual were the difference IMO...GW defense did a good job but our domination on offense in the 4th quarter won the game for us...we held the ball the entire quarter except last 3 plays of game I believe.

I could do without the GW constantly bitching and moaning about everything though

I credit the whole team for playing hard but Fleeman played the biggest role in that win. There had to be at least 15 plays where he had to do it all on his own bc GW was stacking that box like crazy. Also give credit to Coach Williams for throwing the ball a good bit. We may have not completed many but it did back GW off the line a little. 

1 minute ago, SWVAgridiron said:

I credit the whole team for playing hard but Fleeman played the biggest role in that win. There had to be at least 15 plays where he had to do it all on his own bc GW was stacking that box like crazy. Also give credit to Coach Williams for throwing the ball a good bit. We may have not completed many but it did back GW off the line a little. 

Oh yeah total team win...players and coaches...fleeman was incredible though

Giles ————-13 3 0 0—16
George Wythe 0 13 0 0—13
Scoring Summary
G – Fleeman 67 run (Price kick)
G – Fleeman 32 run (kick failed)
GW – Houston 7 run (Tate kick)
G – Price 27 FG
GW – Rainey 25 pass from Jollay (kick failed)
Team Stats
First Downs: G 16, GW 9; Rushes-Yards: G 54-293, GW 16-90; Passing Yards: G 30, GW 203; Comp-Att-Int.: G 1-5-0, GW 8-17-0; Fumbles-Lost: G 1-1, GW 2-2; Penalties-Yards: G 6-55, GW 8-60; Punts-Average: G 3-38, GW 2-4

9 hours ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Agreed. That officiating was so bad. Both schools had to suffer from it. Could be an exciting potential playoff rematch. We all know what happens when Giles and GW meet up for a rematch in the playoffs. It’s always a hell of a game.

ThE OfFiCiAtInG wAs So BaD… clean ball game

9 hours ago, gwloyal said:

Great game, and congrats Spartans. 

You're absolutely right...The coming years very well could make for some classics. 

Losses are always disappointing, but proud of our effort. Neither team played a perfect game, and it damn sure wasn't officiated perfect for either side lol! But it was a very good game to watch all the same. The final minute of that game brought back a lot of "big game" feelings between us two. Regardless of the outcome....That was awesome!

Fans quick to blame officials but don’t even know what they are talking about🤡

9 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Hey, we helped y'all a little on that drive in the 4th lol! Seriously, I credit your defense more so than your offense. We had three 1st and goal opportunities that resulted in a turnover, a missed FG, and a turnover on downs. Ball control in the 4th was massive as well, though. 

Just curious who you are referring to about the bitching and moaning tho? No debate...I just want to see things thru your perspective is all. 

35 minutes ago, MIkEhAWk said:

Fans quick to blame officials but don’t even know what they are talking about🤡

Relax lol! No one is blaming the officials, and they ultimately had nothing to do with the outcome. 

But fans from both communities will both attest to the fact that both teams had to deal with it. And both teams did. Still doesn't change the fact that it was by no means a well officiated game. 

Just now, gwloyal said:

Relax lol! No one is blaming the officials, and they ultimately had nothing to do with the outcome. 

But fans from both communities will both attest to the fact that both teams had to deal with it. And both teams did. Still doesn't change the fact that it was by no means a well officiated game.

1 minute ago, gwloyal said:

99% of the time fans don’t know what they are talking about lol

4 minutes ago, gwloyal said:

Name a bad call then??

29 minutes ago, gwloyal said:

I ref ball games in West Virginia and can say that was a well officiated game

GW coach is something special!!! They never change snap count!! Jumped it all night!! Cost us dearly down inside the five 3 times!! Then they pound the ball to their right our left all night and our corner doesn’t want to come and make a tackle and our outside LB who they have playing extended D end gets pounded all night, kid only weighs about 160lbs so inside with all the beef makes it hard for him! Should have moved outside ln to corner pulled the corner off and put some heavy beef at end. What I’m concerned about with our coach is either he isn’t smart enough to see that or he’s scared of pissing  parents off by pulling their kids! Both are bad and doesn’t represent good coaching if those two are the case! 

1 hour ago, gwloyal said:

Hey, we helped y'all a little on that drive in the 4th lol! Seriously, I credit your defense more so than your offense. We had three 1st and goal opportunities that resulted in a turnover, a missed FG, and a turnover on downs. Ball control in the 4th was massive as well, though. 

Just curious who you are referring to about the bitching and moaning tho? No debate...I just want to see things thru your perspective is all. 

Whoever the coach was that complained all night...was on the field all night long jawing at the refs

25 minutes ago, GDUB said:

Well how about no calls? Can we name those? Giles rbs leaned all game before snap, mmm a lot of chop blocks not called. But hey who cares at this point! I blame our coach for the loss not the refs!! 

Chop blocks? Haha they are double teams...been doing the same thing for 40+ years

26 minutes ago, MIkEhAWk said:

Still hadn’t name anything that was a bad call, you’re showing your ignorance 🤣🤣

Some people equate lots of flags thrown as poor officiating. I've always been of the opinion, you see a foul, throw the flag. There was one play last night, that I think might of been a missed call. You correct me if I'm wrong. On GW last drive of the first half, their QB spiked the ball to stop the clock, out if a shotgun snap. I'm pretty sure sure Q B has to be under center to spoke. Officials blew the whistles when he did it. I say that's a fumble.