GW vs Giles

Jollay, living rent free

Just now, Stranger danger said:

Some people equate lots of flags thrown as poor officiating. I've always been of the opinion, you see a foul, throw the flag. There was one play last night, that I think might of been a missed call. You correct me if I'm wrong. On GW last drive of the first half, their QB spiked the ball to stop the clock, out if a shotgun snap. I'm pretty sure sure Q B has to be under center to spoke. Officials blew the whistles when he did it. I say that's a fumble.

Exactly right...should have been flag...but wasn't

9 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Whoever the coach was that complained all night...was on the field all night long jawing at the refs

That would be Harner. At least I believe so, anyway. I noticed it some last night myself. 

1 hour ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Exactly right...should have been flag...but wasn't

Showing the intelligence, the rule changed you can spike the ball from the shotgun now(aimed at all you “rule experts”) and anyways if that wasn’t the case, the it would be an intentional grounding and an incomplete pass, not a fumble… y’all should really study up on rules before you start blabbing bs

1 hour ago, Stranger danger said:

No, I don't think it's a foul. Just a live ball til one team falls on it, or scoops it up and runs with it.

Showing the intelligence, the rule changed you can spike the ball from the shotgun now(aimed at all you “rule experts”) and anyways if that wasn’t the case, the it would be an intentional grounding and an incomplete pass, not a fumble… y’all should really study up on rules before you start blabbing bs

56 minutes ago, MIkEhAWk said:

I know the rule was you couldn't spike out of shotgun. If the rules have changed, that's fine. I asked you to correct me if I was wrong. Was not blabbing bs

1 hour ago, MIkEhAWk said:

Show me where the rule change Mr official and also I never said it should have been hey fumble it should have been intentional grounding like you said Mr expert

4 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Show me where the rule change Mr official and also I never said it should have been hey fumble it should have been intentional grounding like you said Mr expert

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.elkintribune.com/sports/28921/new-rules-announced-for-prep-football-2/amp And another one… just admit you don’t know the rules

5 hours ago, Stranger danger said:

I know the rule was you couldn't spike out of shotgun. If the rules have changed, that's fine. I asked you to correct me if I was wrong. Was not blabbing bs

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.elkintribune.com/sports/28921/new-rules-announced-for-prep-football-2/amp You are wrong, don’t talk unless you know the rules okay?? Casual fans are idiots when it comes to officiating 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.elkintribune.com/sports/28921/new-rules-announced-for-prep-football-2/amp You are wrong, don’t talk unless you know the rules okay?? Casual fans are idiots when it comes to officiating 

I have been meaning to ask @1inStripes or anyone else on here that know for that matter. What is considered a crack back block or a blindside block? Not sure how it's worded in the rules. Basically its a 15 yard penalty. We had two blocks last week against Tazewell on the same play. Both were penalized. One was definitely a blind side the other I didn't think was. 

You know when someone asks you to correct them if they're wrong, you can do it without being an asshole. I guess I can judge your officiating skills solely based on the fact you were watching a game on Friday night, not working one. What a jerk!

51 minutes ago, Stranger danger said:

You know when someone asks you to correct them if they're wrong, you can do it without being an asshole. I guess I can judge your officiating skills solely based on the fact you were watching a game on Friday night, not working one. What a jerk!

Lol

52 minutes ago, Stranger danger said:

Says the one talking crap about officials in the first place lol

1 hour ago, Mountain Football said:

I have been meaning to ask @1inStripes or anyone else on here that know for that matter. What is considered a crack back block or a blindside block? Not sure how it's worded in the rules. Basically its a 15 yard penalty. We had two blocks last week against Tazewell on the same play. Both were penalized. One was definitely a blind side the other I didn't think was. 

The simplest way to think of it is if you are coming up to block a guy approaching them from the side or behind you best block them with open hands.  No good Ol school decleaters anymore unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, Stranger danger said:

Being a good official and being nice are separate, are you a dumb ass? Just cause I offend you doesn’t mean I’m a bad official 

27 minutes ago, 1inStripes said:

The simplest way to think of it is if you are coming up to block a guy approaching them from the side or behind you best block them with open hands.  No good Ol school decleaters anymore unfortunately. 

With that said the officials made the right calls on both blocks. Thank you.

22 minutes ago, MIkEhAWk said:

Being a good official and being nice are separate, are you a dumb ass? Just cause I offend you doesn’t mean I’m a bad official 

No, but the fact you're not working on a Friday night, when there's an official shortage, tells me you're not a good official. Apparently, your phone ain't ringing. But you are a jerk!

9 minutes ago, Stranger danger said:

No, but the fact you're not working on a Friday night, when there's an official shortage, tells me you're not a good official. Apparently, your phone ain't ringing. But you are a jerk!

Almost like I’m an internet troll🤡😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣

3 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Ok I was wrong...didn't know about the rule change...never said I knew all the rules did I?

Why you edit post? Hahaha

Looks like a pretty vague rule change. A Coach can tell his QB, if you bobble a snap or have a busted play where the running back goes the wrong way and there's no one there when you turn to make the hand-off, just spike the ball. If he gets a grounding call, Coach could just argue it's in the rule change. He can spike out of shotgun.