Ridgeview Central

BigGib

Thoughts on this game?

Qb for the Pack is gonna be a stud, offense they are running will be a strain on every team in the mtn 7, not much a kicking game for ridgeview but in all in all probably wont matter

ridgeview has looked pretty solid defensively so far, burton really had trouble containing the bigs up front, and the speed at lineback, 

Pack 26

Central14

Central is the most solid team I have seen all year. If you want to talk defense that front 7 of theirs is very solid. 22 and 20 and great ball players at linebacker are 3 is a ball hawk in the secondary. I honestly believe the only way they get scored on is through the air. If the freshman QB for Ridgeview is that good it should be a good game if he struggles the Pack will have a hard time moving the ball. Central tends to put the ball on the ground a little too much on offense which my be there down fall in the end but they are a solid team that is well coaches and comes off the ball very low and finishes blocks. Teams will have a hard time with this bunch

3 hours ago, Jags52 said:

Central is the most solid team I have seen all year. If you want to talk defense that front 7 of theirs is very solid. 22 and 20 and great ball players at linebacker are 3 is a ball hawk in the secondary. I honestly believe the only way they get scored on is through the air. If the freshman QB for Ridgeview is that good it should be a good game if he struggles the Pack will have a hard time moving the ball. Central tends to put the ball on the ground a little too much on offense which my be there down fall in the end but they are a solid team that is well coaches and comes off the ball very low and finishes blocks. Teams will have a hard time with this bunch

Seems like a lot of people are sleeping on Central this year.  Hope Ridgeview kicks their butt though but I don't see it happening

1 hour ago, goose111874 said:

Seems like a lot of people are sleeping on Central this year.  Hope Ridgeview kicks their butt though but I don't see it happening

I don't know about that IMHO this Central team is probably better on both sides of the ball than the team that chewed up Union last season by 30+ points and was within 1 score of Abingdon this spring. I know Union is the darling going into the season but I am not sure how anyone sees them as the clear favorite to Central

That being said Ridgeview held Central to 2 TDs this spring (Both requiring drives of less than 10 yards due to Punting snafus) RV returns most of that D . I look for it to be a low scoring game as both D will be tough to move the ball against 

27 minutes ago, Counts said:

I don't know about that IMHO this Central team is probably better on both sides of the ball than the team that chewed up Union last season by 30+ points and was within 1 score of Abingdon this spring. I know Union is the darling going into the season but I am not sure how anyone sees them as the clear favorite to Central

That being said Ridgeview held Central to 2 TDs this spring (Both requiring drives of less than 10 yards due to Punting snafus) RV returns most of that D . I look for it to be a low scoring game as both D will be tough to move the ball against 

It was 27-7, but I get your point. 🙂

I've gone back and forth on what I think of everyone this Fall compared to Spring. One thing that I keep going back to is how lost Union looked until the Graham game, and that was really due to all the shuffling around of personnel trying to get the puzzle to fit perfectly. I think they finally achieved that in Bluefield. Then, a week later, the Union team that played Central for the Reg D championship looked nothing like the one from the regular season. In reality, Reg D is going to be a tossup with possibly 6 teams having a say so. I just think the Bears are high on most people's list because the team that won Reg D is back almost entirely, and they didn't lose an Adkins or a Crabtree type player.

After this week and next, I think we'll have a decent picture of where everyone stands though, and it's just going to get better from here!

49 minutes ago, Counts said:

2 hours ago, goose111874 said:

Seems like a lot of people are sleeping on Central this year.  

As long as ole Luke is there, I expect Central to be in the mix about every year.  

1 hour ago, Counts said:

Hey I know there good.

I'm a little disappointed as I was expecting a little more action in this thread. I'm not sure how this one goes. Both teams have lost significant talent from last year and haven't really played anyone as a measuring stick so far this year.

Centrals "on field" time this Fall is an advantage for them. Ridgeview has only had 1 scrimmage and 1 game as where Central has had 2 scrimmages and 2 games. Imo thats a big difference this early in the season for 2 closely matched teams

5 hours ago, spyhunter said:

I'm a little disappointed as I was expecting a little more action in this thread. I'm not sure how this one goes. Both teams have lost significant talent from last year and haven't really played anyone as a measuring stick so far this year.

Ridgeview missing one of there scrimmage games and having a week 2 bye makes them a bit of a mystery Central not so much they look like the same Central team of the last several years with some new wrinkles on offence. 

IMHO Central will be tough to stop on the ground they have several solid backs making it tough to key on a single player, RV looks to have a more diverse offence than in years past and can put pressure on a Defense 

I think Central has the advantage on Special Teams I think the Defense is a push and the Offences are on opposite ends of the football spectrum whoever wins will have a big win under there belt early in the season  

Central has more success vs Ridgeview at their place historically.  They haven't played well vs Ridgeview at home. Not sure why but playing them at home, it seems like they are flat. Last 2 games were 14-7 wins with Ridgeview not being able to do a whole lot on the ground. I believe both touchdowns by Ridgeview have been through the air. It would be hard to believe that they return everyone on a defense that stopped Adkins 2 games in a row at Ridgeview and wouldn't be able to stop whoever runs the ball for them now. It will be an interesting and intense game for sure. 

28 minutes ago, Warriors_XO said:

Central has more success vs Ridgeview at their place historically.  They haven't played well vs Ridgeview at home. Not sure why but playing them at home, it seems like they are flat. Last 2 games were 14-7 wins with Ridgeview not being able to do a whole lot on the ground. I believe both touchdowns by Ridgeview have been through the air. It would be hard to believe that they return everyone on a defense that stopped Adkins 2 games in a row at Ridgeview and wouldn't be able to stop whoever runs the ball for them now. It will be an interesting and intense game for sure. 

I mean I like RVs chances bc Wise is much better at stopping run. I worded it badly. 

1 hour ago, justwinbaby said:

Going go out on a Limb and say that Ridgeview has the best Defense in the M7. 

I wouldn't discount what Central has. RV hit a lucky pass as O'Quinn snuck away from away from a sure sack. The second td was great execution, but shutting them out is legit. Plus we really don't know what Union and Abingdon have yet. Due to Covid, they've not been really challenged yet. RV is looking very good so far.

7 hours ago, Wolf1207 said:

I wouldn't discount what Central has. RV hit a lucky pass as O'Quinn snuck away from away from a sure sack. The second td was great execution, but shutting them out is legit. Plus we really don't know what Union and Abingdon have yet. Due to Covid, they've not been really challenged yet. RV is looking very good so far.

Abingdon lost in the last 8 seconds to a very good 3A Chrisiansburg team. They were also grieving the loss of a well loved assistant coach that same week. I think you can safely say Abingdon is going to be tough in the Mountain and is definitely a contender in the district. 

9 hours ago, Pioneer said:

Abingdon lost in the last 8 seconds to a very good 3A Chrisiansburg team. They were also grieving the loss of a well loved assistant coach that same week. I think you can safely say Abingdon is going to be tough in the Mountain and is definitely a contender in the district. 

No disrespect to Union, Ridgeview, or Central, but I favor the Falcons to run the table in the M7, if they actually get to play the schedule.  Christiansburg is a beast this year and Christiansburg has a very good chance to advance to the state semi's in Class 3, and Abingdon had them beat.  Hard to pick against Abingdon in the M7 with their offensive power that could be very difficult for Union and Central, if Abingdon were to jump out to a decent size lead.  Abingdon also, aside from C-Burg, may be a reasonable contender for the Class 3 State Semi's.  Either team, C Burg or Abingdon will not get past the semi's. 

52 minutes ago, vtdavis4321 said:

No disrespect to Union, Ridgeview, or Central, but I favor the Falcons to run the table in the M7, if they actually get to play the schedule.  Christiansburg is a beast this year and Christiansburg has a very good chance to advance to the state semi's in Class 3, and Abingdon had them beat.  Hard to pick against Abingdon in the M7 with their offensive power that could be very difficult for Union and Central, if Abingdon were to jump out to a decent size lead.  Abingdon also, aside from C-Burg, may be a reasonable contender for the Class 3 State Semi's.  Either team, C Burg or Abingdon will not get past the semi's. 

If I were betting I’d say you are probably right, but I’ll not be shocked to see Abingdon drop one to either, Union or RV. Don’t forget about Central either.