Week 3 updates

bulldog05-CO2017

2nd half under way in Marion. Coaches have chosen to forgo the "35 point rule" and begin continuous clock. Marion's 29 point advantage and Northwood's lack of players is good enough. Panthers down to 13 healthy players.

Edited by Plywood_King
Miscounted Northwood's sideline

8 minutes ago, Plywood_King said:

Marion 36, Northwood 7, end of the 3rd. Marion running JV, Northwood moved from Wing-T to standard I-formation.

The coaches, players, and fans all agree, this stadium can't empty fast enough. 

I hope Marion enjoys that win because that’s most likely the only win this season 

31 minutes ago, Tigerman10 said:

They only start one senior so they probably expected a down year but they looked pretty bad against the Tigers 

True,  they will have 15 plus seniors next year and thr Reece kid will be moving up into varsity. He is a very talented qb for his age. Lebanon has a jv team that is fun to watch. They air it downfield a lot. 

Marion 36, Northwood 14, Final

Hats off to Northwood for playing and finishing this one. I don't care that Marion is down, there is no reason why Northwood, with 13 healthy players, should be playing a 2A school with 47 players. Smith showed a lot of class in his decision making, but until Northwood's numbers improve, this series needs to go back to being in hiatus.

This was the most awkward game I've ever seen in my life; the final score doesn't indicate what a horribly unfair mismatch it was.

5 minutes ago, Canes00 said:

I hope Marion enjoys that win because that’s most likely the only win this season 

Man why are you always downing the Canes, you do understand these are just kids going out and doing the best they can do right? They can not help the cards they're dealt the most important thing is that they represent Marion each game the best they can. 

2 minutes ago, rjhall71 said:

Man why are you always downing the Canes, you do understand these are just kids going out and doing the best they can do right? They can not help the cards they're dealt the most important thing is that they represent Marion each game the best they can. 

I’m not downing the kids it’s the school that doesn’t give a crap about athletics and until that changes Marion will always be down 

10 minutes ago, Canes00 said:

I’m not downing the kids it’s the school that doesn’t give a crap about athletics and until that changes Marion will always be down 

Come off that way though 🤷‍♂️ The kids bust there ass everyday, coaches do too, and the parents are super supportive with the booster club. I will agree on the lack of support. I don’t know if you know this or not but Marion is a basketball school!