Week 3 updates

bulldog05-CO2017

24 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Don't know anything about that region.  Was that an upset because everyone talks about poquoson being good every year

I don't think so. York is a big school but truly I have little clue. Just by class size alone it isn't. 

2 hours ago, Jags52 said:

Come off that way though 🤷‍♂️ The kids bust there ass everyday, coaches do too, and the parents are super supportive with the booster club. I will agree on the lack of support. I don’t know if you know this or not but Marion is a basketball school!

I went to Marion K-12 I know Marion is known for being a basketball school I’ve went and watched a lot of talented guys over the years play at Marion but the athletic program at Marion is the worse it’s ever been their and needs a complete overhaul including basketball 

6 hours ago, Canes00 said:

I went to Marion K-12 I know Marion is known for being a basketball school I’ve went and watched a lot of talented guys over the years play at Marion but the athletic program at Marion is the worse it’s ever been their and needs a complete overhaul including basketball 

Not from Marion, but I'm just going to say this ... Athletic programs are more than just football. You can't just overhaul high school athletic programs at the drop of a hat, it doesn't work that way. 1. It all depends on the staff you have. 2. Sports teams go through cycles. 3. What are your schools priorities? Academics or Athletics? Last time I checked academics are the most important thing at a school. It sucks watching a bad football team I get that,  I've had to do that a lot. Again like someone else on here said, it's sometimes nobody's fault it's just what you deal with. The important thing is Marion's students are learning hard work. Hopefully they will see that it will bring results. In today's society that is so important. Hopefully the Hurricanes and Pioneers will right the ships and once again contend in football,  but until then just be supportive. Many of these kids never get support at home, and many live lives we couldn't imagine and have everyday struggles they should never have. It's just a game at the end of the day. 

10 hours ago, goose111874 said:

Damn how bad is Lebanon

Very young at the moment.  Their best player on offense was out last night. They will get better and they have a good group moving up next year. I'd say Lebanon wins 2 or 3. 

The York Poquoson game was not a surprise.  York is a big school, has very, very good talent and returned a bunch.  As for Poquoson, 4 turnovers in that game and over 100 yards in penalties, with 2 turnovers inside the the York 25.  As crazy as the final score was, Poquoson likely outgained York in Total Yards.  All in all, Region A in my opinion, will play for a state title with the winner of King William and Poquoson.   Even in the loss, Poquoson looked very good to me for a 2A team.  Take away the turnovers and penalties, and they probably win that game.  King William looks good down there also.  Draft and Buckingham will have something to say about it in Region B, but I think Region A gets back to the state title this year for the first time since Goochland went in 2018.  Goochland is now 3A.  King William looks 7 points better to me than Poquoson and has to be the favorite coming out of there.

12 hours ago, Canes00 said:

I for one miss the days of Chico being in the stands at Marion. May he rest in peace.

4 hours ago, Fairlawncat said:

The York Poquoson game was not a surprise.  York is a big school, has very, very good talent and returned a bunch.  As for Poquoson, 4 turnovers in that game and over 100 yards in penalties, with 2 turnovers inside the the York 25.  As crazy as the final score was, Poquoson likely outgained York in Total Yards.  All in all, Region A in my opinion, will play for a state title with the winner of King William and Poquoson.   Even in the loss, Poquoson looked very good to me for a 2A team.  Take away the turnovers and penalties, and they probably win that game.  King William looks good down there also.  Draft and Buckingham will have something to say about it in Region B, but I think Region A gets back to the state title this year for the first time since Goochland went in 2018.  Goochland is now 3A.  King William looks 7 points better to me than Poquoson and has to be the favorite coming out of there.

2B been very good in recent years at then top, I think Draft and Buckingham both are maybe better than Poquoson. KW, not sure. They legit talented but let's see them win a big game in playoffs first.  I favor Draft bc they know how to win, but if Buckingham can get enough games and get clicking, the talent there is very high. 

1 hour ago, BigWinners said:

2B been very good in recent years at then top, I think Draft and Buckingham both are maybe better than Poquoson. KW, not sure. They legit talented but let's see them win a big game in playoffs first.  I favor Draft bc they know how to win, but if Buckingham can get enough games and get clicking, the talent there is very high. 

Hard to pick against Draft. Draft is so we'll coaches and it shows.

50 minutes ago, 1inStripes said:

34C20795-0FFF-46BC-9697-74D48BADA78A.jpeg

Guys, again no Dog in the Fight here, bit this has been discussed before and that is.....PLAY ASAP. It's been talked about on here the ease how Covid strikes and how fast. This one is on the GC AD and Abingdon AD. The game should have been played last night IF possible. I understand there's an official shortage, but if officials were available, then both ADs waited to long.

1 hour ago, Fairlawncat said:

Guys, again no Dog in the Fight here, bit this has been discussed before and that is.....PLAY ASAP. It's been talked about on here the ease how Covid strikes and how fast. This one is on the GC AD and Abingdon AD. The game should have been played last night IF possible. I understand there's an official shortage, but if officials were available, then both ADs waited to long.

Yeah I was hoping after union - rich game was cancelled they would move up the Ridgeview game since they were off.  Now who knows if it'll happen now