Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bulldog05-CO2017

Week 3 updates

Recommended Posts

Final Scores

Heritage 56, Appomattox 13

Fluvanna 24, Buckingham 18.  For all the 2A schools playing so far this week and their final scores, this one is up there as biggest surprise.  Appo getting hammered by Heritage is expected considering Appo is playing with almost half of a JV team on the field due to injuries, Covid, etc.  Something like 9-10 starters down or something of that nature.  

Glenvar 28, Cave Spring 14,  Glenvar quietly setting at 3 and 0 on the season with wins over Galax, Martinsville, and Cave Spring

Glenvar and Radford actually have a reasonably good chance to outpoint Appo in Region C.  With it's injuries and difficult schedule, it's possible Appo could actually enter the playoffs as the 3 seed.  If they are healthy, it wouldn't matter if they were the 8th seed, but where it matters is.............Graham, Union, Ridgeview, Region D.  The higher power points team would host in the semi's and you may see Appo hosting game one of the playoffs, then traveling in games 2, 3, and 4.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
9 minutes ago, IRISH-FAN18 said:

What time did that game start?

It started at 7. Just a really fast game. Both offenses went up and down the field. Just couldn’t do anything in the red zone. RV made a long pass and run and that was the difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
55 minutes ago, Warriors_XO said:

Va High up 60-27 in the 4th quarter and throwing bombs with their starters in.... 🤔

Bad sportsmanship  in my opinion. When teams do that, it makes me cheer against them. I hope Graham or Central humbles them a bit, sounds like someone needs too.  Teams will remember that when Virginia High has another bad team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
1 hour ago, Wolf1207 said:

It started at 7. Just a really fast game. Both offenses went up and down the field. Just couldn’t do anything in the red zone. RV made a long pass and run and that was the difference.

I appreciate that. It's strange a game goes that fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
1 hour ago, stu_bean said:

Really hope game footage sent to ref committee. 

I’ve been in the booth for 21 games now, and this was by far the most incompetent crew I’ve ever seen.  It wasn’t even biased or one-sided.  It was just flat out incompetent.  We had a 5th down; an “offsetting penalty” call that gave the ball back to Mount View at the original line of scrimmage after TWO possession changes on the same play (and both penalties happened after the 2nd possession change); a play where the refs allowed 1:39 to run off a moving clock between a 3rd down and 4th down.  It was just bad, not in an offensive way, just in a “can anyone do this better?!” way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
1 hour ago, UVAObserver said:

I’ve been in the booth for 21 games now, and this was by far the most incompetent crew I’ve ever seen.  It wasn’t even biased or one-sided.  It was just flat out incompetent.  We had a 5th down; an “offsetting penalty” call that gave the ball back to Mount View at the original line of scrimmage after TWO possession changes on the same play (and both penalties happened after the 2nd possession change); a play where the refs allowed 1:39 to run off a moving clock between a 3rd down and 4th down.  It was just bad, not in an offensive way, just in a “can anyone do this better?!” way.

And you say KY ref's are bad lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
9 minutes ago, Pioneer said:

Bad sportsmanship  in my opinion. When teams do that, it makes me cheer against them. I hope Graham or Central humbles them a bit, sounds like someone needs too.  Teams will remember that when Virginia High has another bad team. 

It doesn’t surprise me that you would say something like that.  Pioneer, worry about Lebanon.  The final score was 66-40.  Your talking about a team that took 2 years of beatings, and now they are being coached, and much improved.  I am sure VA High won’t forget Lebanon from last year either.  They will see what they have next week against Central.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
8 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

I’ve been in the booth for 21 games now, and this was by far the most incompetent crew I’ve ever seen.  It wasn’t even biased or one-sided.  It was just flat out incompetent.  We had a 5th down; an “offsetting penalty” call that gave the ball back to Mount View at the original line of scrimmage after TWO possession changes on the same play (and both penalties happened after the 2nd possession change); a play where the refs allowed 1:39 to run off a moving clock between a 3rd down and 4th down.  It was just bad, not in an offensive way, just in a “can anyone do this better?!” way.

Were they a young crew? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
1 hour ago, CPF said:

Kinda like Mance up 38-0 and onside kicking 10 years ago.

I mean, do what you gotta do. But what would have happened if 8 or 15 breaks an ankle or tears an ACL while you’re intentionally leaving starters in on a running clock game? For as great of a coach as Palmer is — he does really dumb things sometimes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
37 minutes ago, Fairlawncat said:

Final Scores

Heritage 56, Appomattox 13

Fluvanna 24, Buckingham 18.  For all the 2A schools playing so far this week and their final scores, this one is up there as biggest surprise.  Appo getting hammered by Heritage is expected considering Appo is playing with almost half of a JV team on the field due to injuries, Covid, etc.  Something like 9-10 starters down or something of that nature.  

Glenvar 28, Cave Spring 14,  Glenvar quietly setting at 3 and 0 on the season with wins over Galax, Martinsville, and Cave Spring

Glenvar and Radford actually have a reasonably good chance to outpoint Appo in Region C.  With it's injuries and difficult schedule, it's possible Appo could actually enter the playoffs as the 3 seed.  If they are healthy, it wouldn't matter if they were the 8th seed, but where it matters is.............Graham, Union, Ridgeview, Region D.  The higher power points team would host in the semi's and you may see Appo hosting game one of the playoffs, then traveling in games 2, 3, and 4.  

And 5 again to Salem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
 
1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

Tony isn’t known for running up the score which he didn’t tonight. He literally started subbing some in 2nd Q. I’ve never seen him run the score up on an opponent.

10 of the 11 offensive starters for Graham that played snap 1 played the last snap. 33 was the only sub on the field on Graham’s final possession. Like I said in the previous post — do what you gotta do. It’s Richlands job to stop Graham (they didn’t do a good job of that). But when a starter ends his season or career with 4 min left in a game you’re up 35…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

And while we’re at it — down 35-0 in the 4th — there’s 0 reason to have the Richlands starters in that game. I get you’re using it as a glorified practice at that point — but there’s 0 need in risking Sage or Dylan or Drew or Gavin to injury there. Put Keen in at QB and let him have a shot with the backups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
1 minute ago, Ryan4VT said:

And while we’re at it — down 35-0 in the 4th — there’s 0 reason to have the Richlands starters in that game. I get you’re using it as a glorified practice at that point — but there’s need in risking Sage or Dylan or Drew or Gavin to injury there. Put Keen in at QB and let him have a shot with the backups.

Your right once game is out of reach get em out winning or losing.  Union started subbing early in the 3rd tonight and Burton tried to but didn't have many too sub.  Not worth losing a starter in a blowout.  Only problem for Union though starters are only playing 2 quarters and that's a problem playing Graham

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
5 minutes ago, T8KNDookeez said:

Hard to pull guys in the 3rd. Graham didn’t throw since you say they were trying to run it up.lol

That was the 4th. And regardless of running or throwing — there’s 0 need for either team to have their star players on the field in a 35-0 game in the 4th quarter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
1 hour ago, UVAObserver said:

That’s really, really, really bad.  Pales in comparison to what their community has endured the last month, though.

Uh yeah I thought for sure after what mother nature done to that place that them kids would be motivated but that's a bad loss and Phelps is not good at all either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
2 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

That was the 4th. And regardless of running or throwing — there’s 0 need for either team to have their star players on the field in a 35-0 game in the 4th quarter. 

If your the Graham coaching staff, you have the juggernaut Bears coming to town and you are trying to nail down details, as in not getting self inflicted off sides, false starts, motion penalties.  I can understand having starters in the 4th of 35-0 IF I'm not throwing/trying to score, but trying to build cohesiveness in prep for Union.  For example, Graham has used 2 QB's and was down to 1 with Richlands.  Those snap counts, play calling, signals, all matter as I'm sure the Graham coaching staff at that point is thinking Union Bears  What do we need to work on without trying to score?  Also, you are thinking, the game is minus one practice as it's a short week if I'm not mistaken (Thursday game) so you are really trying to button down the hatch.  I watched the first half of that game on my phone.  That game could have been 50 to nothing if the Graham coaches wanted to have poured it on.  Graham purposely left about 2 touchdowns on the field in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
2 minutes ago, Fairlawncat said:

If your the Graham coaching staff, you have the juggernaut Bears coming to town and you are trying to nail down details, as in not getting self inflicted off sides, false starts, motion penalties.  I can understand having starters in the 4th of 35-0 IF I'm not throwing/trying to score, but trying to build cohesiveness in prep for Union.  For example, Graham has used 2 QB's and was down to 1 with Richlands.  Those snap counts, play calling, signals, all matter as I'm sure the Graham coaching staff at that point is thinking Union Bears  What do we need to work on without trying to score?  Also, you are thinking, the game is minus one practice as it's a short week if I'm not mistaken (Thursday game) so you are really trying to button down the hatch.  I watched the first half of that game on my phone.  That game could have been 50 to nothing if the Graham coaches wanted to have poured it on.  Graham purposely left about 2 touchdowns on the field in my opinion.

You can say all that stuff, but IMO, it is stupid to leave 10 of your 11 starters in while you’re up 35-0 with 8 min left in a game. One wrong play and someone snaps an ACL and you’ve flushed your chance at a state title down the drain. It’s just not smart. And that goes both ways. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...