Union vs Graham

Gridiron60

It’s a short practice week since it’s  a Thursday game. Graham still had too many penalties last night but the defense is coming together. They were plain nasty, period! Blevins at QB against the Blues showed he should be the starter in my opinion. He didn’t have a perfect night but it was a dang good night. Meadows will be a great asset on D when he’s healed. Union is Union as well coached as they come. They have play makers of their own.  Can they keep their perfect winning streak in tact at Mitchell? Could be one of the best match ups this season! 

Travis has NOT used the T yet this year but I bet we see it come Thursday, I am sure this is a revenge game for the GMEN. They will crowd the line and Da Bears will settle for the 3 or 4 yards on each play, because we know that no ball means no Mr Bradshaw scoring 

1 hour ago, jarhead24219 said:

Travis has NOT used the T yet this year but I bet we see it come Thursday, I am sure this is a revenge game for the GMEN. They will crowd the line and Da Bears will settle for the 3 or 4 yards on each play, because we know that no ball means no Mr Bradshaw scoring 

Bradshaw doesn't need many touches to score.  He had about 5 or 6 touches and scored 3 td's last night.

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

It’s a short practice week since it’s  a Thursday game. Graham still had too many penalties last night but the defense is coming together. They were plain nasty, period! Blevins at QB against the Blues showed he should be the starter in my opinion. He didn’t have a perfect night but it was a dang good night. Meadows will be a great asset on D when he’s healed. Union is Union as well coached as they come. They have play makers of their own.  Can they keep their perfect winning streak in tact at Mitchell? Could be one of the best match ups this season! 

I agree.  Graham needs to come out super focused.  Coaches need to be preaching that they have never beaten Union at home.  I would also be playing that last play of the season last year over and over again. 

3 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I agree.  Graham needs to come out super focused.  Coaches need to be preaching that they have never beaten Union at home.  I would also be playing that last play of the season last year over and over again. 

If they go to the bathroom and shut the stall door that play should be playing when they sit on the toilet. Continous loop. If they don't have it I'm sure our friends from Union can provide it 😂

6 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

If they go to the bathroom and shut the stall door that play should be playing when they sit on the toilet. Continous loop. If they don't have it I'm sure our friends from Union can provide it 😂

It's on NFHS.  But maybe the Union folks will do us another favor, like they did a couple years back and provide some motivation from a video.

20 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Bradshaw doesn't need many touches to score.  He had about 5 or 6 touches and scored 3 td's last night.

He’s talented and seems better focused and disciplined than last season. I’m pretty sure our D coaches will figure out how to adapt to the T formation to get the ball back on offensive for Bradshaw to have one or two touches. He doesn’t need much time. Open field and he’s gone even if defenders on his heels. Graham has some other playmakers that can step up if Union double or triple teams Bradshaw. Will it be easy for Graham to win? Nope! Can they beat Union? I think they can if they come in focused and ready to play. 

13 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

It's on NFHS.  But maybe the Union folks will do us another favor, like they did a couple years back and provide some motivation from a video.

About all I could do is the "Truffle Shuffle" from the Goonies movie. Would that help?

1 minute ago, Mountain Football said:

Yes that will help. Can you post on here today if at all possible?😂

I'll have to ask my wife for permission. She's weird about me sharing my talent with the world. Likes to keep it all to herself! 😂

Union looked rusty in that 1st quarter against Burton. They may have already thought the game was won, not sure, but they completely dominated the 2nd. They have to play like they did in the 2nd quarter from the opening kickoff to the final whistle on Thursday. Burton has some athletes, and they pulled a few fast ones on us. And I'm sure those kids, as good as they looked, still fell short of what we will see for the GMen. I know it's been said, but the Bears will have to chew up clock on O, and keep Graham's playmakers in front of them on D. I would actually like to see our DBs play right on the line, and do some bumping while we blitz the crap out of the QB. Not every play, but enough to keep them guessing.

I think we will do well against the run, but I'm concerned about giving too much cushion to Graham's receivers. We certainly have a few things to clean up. Hopefully, Graham has more! Will be a good game in Bluefield, I have no doubt!

22 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Union looked rusty in that 1st quarter against Burton. They may have already thought the game was won, not sure, but they completely dominated the 2nd. They have to play like they did in the 2nd quarter from the opening kickoff to the final whistle on Thursday. Burton has some athletes, and they pulled a few fast ones on us. And I'm sure those kids, as good as they looked, still fell short of what we will see for the GMen. I know it's been said, but the Bears will have to chew up clock on O, and keep Graham's playmakers in front of them on D. I would actually like to see our DBs play right on the line, and do some bumping while we blitz the crap out of the QB. Not every play, but enough to keep them guessing.

I think we will do well against the run, but I'm concerned about giving too much cushion to Graham's receivers. We certainly have a few things to clean up. Hopefully, Graham has more! Will be a good game in Bluefield, I have no doubt!

I have often wondered why teams don't press receivers at the line more often in HS. 

3 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

He’s talented and seems better focused and disciplined than last season. I’m pretty sure our D coaches will figure out how to adapt to the T formation to get the ball back on offensive for Bradshaw to have one or two touches. He doesn’t need much time. Open field and he’s gone even if defenders on his heels. Graham has some other playmakers that can step up if Union double or triple teams Bradshaw. Will it be easy for Graham to win? Nope! Can they beat Union? I think they can if they come in focused and ready to play. 

I agree.  I think Graham will be a much better team by the end of this season then they were at the end of last season.  I am very impressed with Bradshaw, you can tell that he is just on another level, he makes it seem easy.  They have other weapons, as you mentioned.  The biggest difference from this year's Graham team and last year's Graham team is the defense.  Early in the season is the time to score on Graham's defense, I really do feel as this group gets games under their belt, they will only get better and better.  When Richlands did get a good chunk of yardage, you could see some of the more veteran players talking to the others, pointing and talking as if to tell them where they messed up.  I loved to see that.

39 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

I'm more interested in the battle of the bus drivers if you remember that battle from last season

That's where my eyes will be focused.  I think the Graham bus driver gets payback this year, sending the Union bus driver to the ignition switch first, but late in the contest.