Union vs Graham

Gridiron60

1 minute ago, UVAObserver said:

But in all seriousness, Game of the Year, Part I.  I’d lay money that this will be repeated for the Region D championship game.

RV may have some say in that,  statements win last night, but these two teams for sure the favs right now.

4 hours ago, Mountain Football said:

I have often wondered why teams don't press receivers at the line more often in HS. 

I can only assume the coaches are afraid of someone getting by and giving up an easy score, but it's not like there's an abundance of 4/5* recruits at QB in 2A. They'd rather be nickel and dimed to death than see a 80 yd TD pass.

Over/Under on the game being played. This is a huge game. It just seems like any game in High School that is huge just can't be played, or can't be all that it's supposed to be. This just seems the way the world is with Covid. Whether it's news Wednesday that Covid has struck, or one or both teams will have a few players that are key players that can't play and handicaps that team, it just seems like something will happen. I will be shocked of we make it to Thursday afternoon without some negative news. I know I sound negative and hate to sound negative, but it just seems like this happens over and over with Covid and huge games. 

1 hour ago, Fairlawncat said:

Over/Under on the game being played. This is a huge game. It just seems like any game in High School that is huge just can't be played, or can't be all that it's supposed to be. This just seems the way the world is with Covid. Whether it's news Wednesday that Covid has struck, or one or both teams will have a few players that are key players that can't play and handicaps that team, it just seems like something will happen. I will be shocked of we make it to Thursday afternoon without some negative news. I know I sound negative and hate to sound negative, but it just seems like this happens over and over with Covid and huge games. 

I hope you're wrong!!! But yeah, this season is a Covid crap shoot for sure. Maybe Union & Graham have a lot of key players vaccinated! 

1 hour ago, Fairlawncat said:

Not covid related but Union already is playing without 2 starters

14 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

Can you elaborate on this?😂

Just something we was kidding around on in the playoff game last season graham-union.  Can't remember who it was but it was first quarter and they was talking about union done had game won

Just now, goose111874 said:

OL for Union out for year not sure about the other.  Both hurt in jamboree

Graham has one out with rolled ankle, the younger Meadows and then another one with concussion. Maybe a couple more on quarantine, not sure. 

1 hour ago, Mountain Football said:

Ok gotcha lol

Goose and I had an ongoing dialogue about which bus driver was going to "start up the bus" first after somebody said early on that one of the drivers was starting the bus.  It was a back and forth battle of the bus drivers to see which one starts the bus, they were fighting over some keys at one point. (all made up of course).

7 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Attention G-Men.  Please watch the game recap of Graham vs Union on this link and remember that you have never beaten Union at Mitchell Stadium.  You may find the last play enjoyable to watch.

https://www.hudl.com/team/v2/33131/Boys-Varsity-Football

Union executes their game plan to perfection. They do the fundamentals of blocking and tackling very well. 

16 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

Union executes their game plan to perfection. They do the fundamentals of blocking and tackling very well. 

Graham gave up 308 rushing yards against Union.  Now, if Bradshaw plays, I believe he extends a few more of Graham's offensive possessions and maybe even forces Union to throw some more as he likely catches at least 1 TD at some point in the game, or makes at least one explosive play in the game for a score.  Appo can testify to that.  Also, lets say Bradshaw plays and take away the last play with the Satterfield run.  Was it like 60 yds or something.  Still, even if we were to subtract with Bradshaw playing and take away the Satterfield run, Union is still gashing Graham on the ground in this game as has at least 220 yds rushing.  No doubt though, no telling what happens if Bradshaw played.  Maybe Union runs it even More to keep it away from him and has More rushing yds.  What I'm sayin is, Union gashed Graham on the ground.  It's very, very rare that a team that gives up 300 rushing yds wins a football game.  The battle up front will decide this game.  Graham smashed Union in 2018's playoffs up front.  Interesting to see if there is a big difference or turn around from the spring.

If this game starts with Union coming out and getting 3 first downs simply by rushing off tackle against Graham without throwing, it's a bad, bad sign for Graham.  This was exactly the case last year from the very first quarter.  If Graham comes out and early on, Bradshaw makes an explosive scoring play and Union is hit in the backfield or gains few to no yards and gets a 3 and out with its first possession, it's a bad, bad sign for Union.   I'm going to be watching this thing live.  I'm heading up to Bluefield to see it on Thursday cause this is about as good as it gets at the 2A level.  Probably 2 of the 3 top teams in AA, and no question in my mind, 2 of the top 5 teams without argument.

3 minutes ago, Fairlawncat said:

Graham gave up 308 rushing yards against Union.  Now, if Bradshaw plays, I believe he extends a few more of Graham's offensive possessions and maybe even forces Union to throw some more as he likely catches at least 1 TD at some point in the game, or makes at least one explosive play in the game for a score.  Appo can testify to that.  Also, lets say Bradshaw plays and take away the last play with the Satterfield run.  Was it like 60 yds or something.  Still, even if we were to subtract with Bradshaw playing and take away the Satterfield run, Union is still gashing Graham on the ground in this game as has at least 220 yds rushing.  No doubt though, no telling what happens if Bradshaw played.  Maybe Union runs it even More to keep it away from him and has More rushing yds.  What I'm sayin is, Union gashed Graham on the ground.  It's very, very rare that a team that gives up 300 rushing yds wins a football game.

If this game starts with Union coming out and getting 3 first downs simply by rushing off tackle against Graham without throwing, it's a bad, bad sign for Graham.  This was exactly the case last year from the very first quarter.  If Graham comes out and early on, Bradshaw makes an explosive scoring play and Union is hit in the backfield or gains few to no yards and gets a 3 and out with its first possession, it's a bad, bad sign for Union.   I'm going to be watching this thing live.  I'm heading up to Bluefield to see it on Thursday cause this is about as good as it gets at the 2A level.  Probably 2 of the 3 top teams in AA, and no question in my mind, 2 of the top 5 teams without argument.

Enjoy the show.  I'm hoping I can make it to this one too.

I don't have a ton of money by any means, but I would put up 50 bucks to see this High School Game.  Kid ya not so help me on that Real Sach, if I got up there and they said 50 bucks to see it, I would pay it, and I ain't somebody with deep pockets by any stretch.

3 minutes ago, Fairlawncat said:

I don't have a ton of money by any means, but I would put up 50 bucks to see this High School Game.  Kid ya not so help me on that Real Sach, if I got up there and they said 50 bucks to see it, I would pay it, and I ain't somebody with deep pockets by any stretch.

I hear ya.  This is a must see game for me also.  I just hope I can make it near the start of the game.  I'll be out of town and heading through Bluefield around 7 to 7:30.  

22 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

Graham has to prove they can stay in this game mentally. Are they going to lay down like they did on the last play in April or are they going to play 4 quarters of football with determination and focus?

Graham won’t give up 200 yards rushing Thursday. Bradshaw is playing this game and his effect on the game transcends his touches he gets.  Different season than the spring. 

13 hours ago, Gmen2021 said:

Graham won’t give up 200 yards rushing Thursday. Bradshaw is playing this game and his effect on the game transcends his touches he gets.  Different season than the spring. 

If they don't get 200 rushing it won't be close