Union vs Graham

Gridiron60

14 hours ago, Mountain Football said:

Graham has to prove they can stay in this game mentally. Are they going to lay down like they did on the last play in April or are they going to play 4 quarters of football with determination and focus?

Graham won’t give up 200 yards rushing Thursday. Spring was last season! Different cast with Bradshaw playing. His effect on the game transcends his touches. 

52 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

If they don't get 200 rushing it won't be close

Correct . 

28 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

All the Union fans are going to turn on their cell phone speakers and we will pipe in the train horn during the GMEN o series, and we will settle for 4 yards and a cloud of turf

One cell phone playing a train horn will be louder than Graham's golf claps.

2 hours ago, UNION'S HAMMER said:

So since Bradshaw will be playing in this game. Is there any reason us Union fans should show up. 

I’m not sure where any of us Graham folks have said Graham wins this one with or without Bradshaw. For Graham to have a chance, they have to be mentally prepared and play hard all 4 quarters. If not, we may get our butts handed to us again. As far as Bradshaw , he is fun to watch and would be worth the drive. 

2 hours ago, UNION'S HAMMER said:

So since Bradshaw will be playing in this game. Is there any reason us Union fans should show up. 

I am not a Graham or Union fan, but I will tell you it would have made a huge difference last year, and even bigger difference in this year's game!  Graham has been waiting on this one, the the score will show!  35-21 - GMEN!!

30 minutes ago, UNION'S HAMMER said:

?? Any truth to the rumor this game gets moved to the Park. Rumor is Graham has lost access to play in Bluefield 

Crazy to think both schools might be arguing Not to play at home as the advantage rests on traveling.  LOL.  If it were true for Graham and Mitchell and no access or whatever, they have two other Tazewell County Schools.  Richlands is open on a Thursday night or Saturday as it hosts Abingdon.   Tazewell High, located closest to Graham is on the road at Battle, so Thursday, Friday, Saturday is open for Tazewell.  Tazewell would be the location of the game IF in fact, Graham truly did lose access to Mitchell.  Tazewell makes Unions trip 20-25 minutes shorter.  Richlands would make it 40-45 minutes shorter.

36 minutes ago, FoxTrot said:

I am not a Graham or Union fan, but I will tell you it would have made a huge difference last year, and even bigger difference in this year's game!  Graham has been waiting on this one, the the score will show!  35-21 - GMEN!!

Maybe would've made a difference but he wasn't there.  If James Mitchell had 5 more years of eligibility we would've won.  But that didn't happen.  Let's all just hope everyone plays and it's a great game 

Graham 56

Union    00

6 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Maybe would've made a difference but he wasn't there.  If James Mitchell had 5 more years of eligibility we would've won.  But that didn't happen.  Let's all just hope everyone plays and it's a great game 

Graham 56

Union    00

It is understood he wasn't there, and I commend Union on the win last year!  To say it wouldn't have been a difference is crazy.  He will play a major role in this year's game!  

24 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Graham 56

Union    00

Speaking of Mitchell. I wish really bad I had taken a vacation day at work the year he put it on us at Union. Talent like that only comes around every so often. If you like small town football you better go see it while it's there. I learned my lesson. He is representing Union and our end of the state very well. 

19 minutes ago, FoxTrot said:

It is understood he wasn't there, and I commend Union on the win last year!  To say it wouldn't have been a difference is crazy.  He will play a major role in this year's game!  

I know he will be a factor.  Just hate when everyone says Union fans make excuses when everyone else does also

On 9/11/2021 at 12:35 PM, Mountain Football said:

I have often wondered why teams don't press receivers at the line more often in HS. 

The logic is to make them execute 10+ play drives vs rolling the dice and maybe giving up 1 big play

28 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

I know he will be a factor.  Just hate when everyone says Union fans make excuses when everyone else does also

No excuses here, Union was the better team that game. Bears came to play and it showed. 

The RB for Union, Lomax is probably one of the more underrated RB's in the state of Virginia.  If there were such a list, he would likely be on that list.  He's not the best in Virginia by any means, but he is Div 1, and he crushes the mentality of defenses who often have him hit after 2 yards, and he gets 3 more giving Union a 2nd and 5 instead of a 2nd and 8 or 2nd and 9.  It happened with Graham multiple times in the game.  So many times, 3rd and short for Union and they get the first by a yard or two.  That's what Lomax does to defenses.  It demoralizes them.  Graham better button up the hatches and be disciplined.  If the undisciplined Graham shows up which is the one that loves to make a big hit in the secondary and not rap up, it will be a long day.  The big knock out hit where the opponents goes down hard even when the defender doesn't rap up will work against a Marion.  It won't work against Union.  You'll see the Running Back keep on running, if the GMen don't wrap up.  So far when I've seen Graham against Abingdon, Tazewell, and Richlands, the G-Men have looked good in tackling.  

1 hour ago, vtdavis4321 said:

The RB for Union, Lomax is probably one of the more underrated RB's in the state of Virginia.  If there were such a list, he would likely be on that list.  He's not the best in Virginia by any means, but he is Div 1, and he crushes the mentality of defenses who often have him hit after 2 yards, and he gets 3 more giving Union a 2nd and 5 instead of a 2nd and 8 or 2nd and 9.  It happened with Graham multiple times in the game.  So many times, 3rd and short for Union and they get the first by a yard or two.  That's what Lomax does to defenses.  It demoralizes them.  Graham better button up the hatches and be disciplined.  If the undisciplined Graham shows up which is the one that loves to make a big hit in the secondary and not rap up, it will be a long day.  The big knock out hit where the opponents goes down hard even when the defender doesn't rap up will work against a Marion.  It won't work against Union.  You'll see the Running Back keep on running, if the GMen don't wrap up.  So far when I've seen Graham against Abingdon, Tazewell, and Richlands, the G-Men have looked good in tackling.  

Agreed.  Graham must wrap up and make good tackles.  Obviously Graham has more weapons then last season with Bradshaw in the lineup   They have several good receivers and a good running game   The defense looks improved as well.  Union seems to be much better at this point in the season as well   It should be a great game.  Hope both teams are at full strength and I believe this to be a preview of the regional championship game.  Winner gets home field, so this is a super important game for this early in the season.

3 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Agreed.  Graham must wrap up and make good tackles.  Obviously Graham has more weapons then last season with Bradshaw in the lineup   They have several good receivers and a good running game   The defense looks improved as well.  Union seems to be much better at this point in the season as well   It should be a great game.  Hope both teams are at full strength and I believe this to be a preview of the regional championship game.  Winner gets home field, so this is a super important game for this early in the season.

Has Union given up any points yet this season? Just wandering…..