Union vs Graham

Gridiron60

2 minutes ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

Weren’t you the guy who brought yours to Appomattox/Union in 2017? That was awesome. A story I still tell to this day. 😂

Yes. Since we was not able to take it to Appo that year, we wanted to make sure they got to hear it one way or another..

When it comes to this game, I think if Union brings their A and Graham brings theirs, it could go either way with Graham being a slight favorite. Union hasn’t played a full game all year. Haven’t been tested all year. Could hurt them. Graham seems to have some penalty issues and that could swing things in Unions favor. I expect it to be high scoring, 34-30 type game. 

1 hour ago, BigWinners said:

They had 20+ penalties against Norton. They get called. Pretty lame excuse. 

Union had not played a real team since Elizabethton scrimmage. The rust showed. Hopefully it's gone by THU if not Graham will crush then. 

I don’t understand the “lame excuse”

I said they were a good team but if plagued by penalties it could really hurt them at Graham. Seems as if we agree with that statement.

40 minutes ago, Gmen2021 said:

Graham has not given up a point on D yet everyone on here is talking about tackling. I don’t  get it. Focus will be there guaranteed. 

They had better be.  Union will be much better than Richlands or Tazewell. It will be a whole different level of play.   They gashed Graham big time in the spring with the running game.  I like what I see with Graham so far, but Union is the defending regional champs and Graham had better be focused.  They have never beaten Union at Mitchell stadium.  That should be reason enough to be focused.  Better be prepared for a hard hitting physical game from a well coached team.  Union may be the most balanced team Graham will face all year, including the playoffs.  

8 hours ago, Gmen2021 said:

Graham won’t give up 200 yards rushing Thursday. Spring was last season! Different cast with Bradshaw playing. His effect on the game transcends his touches. 

Correct . 

If Union gashes Graham's defense like last year, it could be a long night for Graham.

Correct.

Look, I'm pulling for Graham, but until they prove that they can beat Union at home, Union is the favorite in this one.

3 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

They had a tackling problem for a big part of that game.

Hopefully, there’s no midweek parties at anybody’s house…maybe do bed check calls to be safe, lol. A good night’s rest goes a long way before a big game. 

6 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Hopefully, there’s no midweek parties at anybody’s house…maybe do bed check calls to be safe, lol. A good night’s rest goes a long way before a big game. 

I would do a bed check every night this week.  Show up at some of their houses knocking on doors, if you have to.  They have plenty of coaches, lol.

2 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

I thought Graham was the only team to rack up penalties like that, lol. It may come down to who has fewest penalties, 😂.  

Every single kick or punt return except 1 was flagged I think

10 hours ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

I have a hard time seeing anyone from Region D run with a fully healthy Appomattox team. I think Appomattox A vs a region D winners A is a solid 17-20 points better. 

Not so sure about that.  Appomattox can be a handful for most any team WHEN they are at full strength.  Not sure if that will happen right now. If they can't get Lawing back thats a big hit for them.  Backup is a good athlete and a better passer in my opinion but you don't just take the 2A player of the year and replace him especially as good as he is on defense. 

If we can get back to full strength it should be a great game between us and Region C folks and even better if we get the chance to face Region D.   

51 minutes ago, BoBob said:

Not so sure about that.  Appomattox can be a handful for most any team WHEN they are at full strength.  Not sure if that will happen right now. If they can't get Lawing back thats a big hit for them.  Backup is a good athlete and a better passer in my opinion but you don't just take the 2A player of the year and replace him especially as good as he is on defense. 

If we can get back to full strength it should be a great game between us and Region C folks and even better if we get the chance to face Region D.   

Petersen is a much better passer in accuracy,  however he lacks the ability to scramble . LB gets killed on pass plays thats a major weakness for them. If appo can get D line and O line back we have a good to excellent shot at beating LB .

11 hours ago, goose111874 said:

Every single kick or punt return except 1 was flagged I think

I noticed on the Burton film a couple block in the backs, holding, etc. Which I'm sure that's with every punt or kickoff when you watch film for any school. Union did have some big returns on special teams against Burton.