Union vs Graham

Gridiron60

14 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

until the po po come shut it down.  Just kidding.  I have no idea if they will allow it or not.  City of Bluefield WV owns the stadium, who knows.  I thought noise makers were banned this year.  I don't care one way or the other if they bring it, as long as they don't blow it during the cadence, if they do, then the officials should shut it down.

No official is going to shut a train horn down, or stop a band from playing. That is completely up to the site administrator and how they want to proceed. We have our hands full enough without worrying about what is going on outside the fence. We may put it in our game report to our supervisor and it may be handled from there moving forward. We've got 22 players, an UBSURD amount of coaches these days to monitor and keep off the field, and 2 time keepers to monitor with only 5 sets of eyes and ears. A train horn is the least of our worries. 

6 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

It's easy to break down film and find all kinds of penalties and non calls...the refs don't have that luxury, they have to make the call in live motion...and they are human

Really? I had no clue they were human. Im glad you filled me in. If my post come off that I was throwing shade at the officials thats my fault because I didn't intend for it to. 

1 minute ago, Mountain Football said:

Really? I had no clue they were human. Im glad you filled me in. If my post come off that I was throwing shade at the officials thats my fault because I didn't intend for it to. 

Well it did...cause you said you saw this stuff when watching game on film

And no need to be a smartass about it...you could have stayed it differently

I like Graham in this one. D line has been playing really well. I think you will see them respond similar to the way they did in 2018. I think Bradshaw would have made a difference in the last game, if nothing other than he catches the Union back on the last play. 

2 hours ago, chipinbogey said:

No official is going to shut a train horn down, or stop a band from playing. That is completely up to the site administrator and how they want to proceed. We have our hands full enough without worrying about what is going on outside the fence. We may put it in our game report to our supervisor and it may be handled from there moving forward. We've got 22 players, an UBSURD amount of coaches these days to monitor and keep off the field, and 2 time keepers to monitor with only 5 sets of eyes and ears. A train horn is the least of our worries. 

I understand.  I was referring to city officials or school officials.

13 minutes ago, GMan said:

There's a noise ordinance in Bluefield, WV that will keep it from being blown, or get ticketed.  That's why Bluefield no longer fires their cannon...

Well, that answers that question. I wondered why they didn’t fire the cannon anymore. I just figured they were doing bell for Little Tony instead. 

12 hours ago, GMan said:

There's a noise ordinance in Bluefield, WV that will keep it from being blown, or get ticketed.  That's why Bluefield no longer fires their cannon...

I didn't know this. Maybe this is why Graham fans sit on their hands and use their inside voices at the games. 

5 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

I thought due to social distancing the Union fans had to watch the game on a big screen at Bowen Field anyway?

That’s what the big screen is for they set up yesterday! Union fans will be more comfy in the seats at Bowen Field too; better than the hard concrete at Mitchell. That train horn will reverberate so much better inside the baseball diamond. 😂

4 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

That’s what the big screen is for they set up yesterday! Union fans will be more comfy in the seats at Bowen Field too; better than the hard concrete at Mitchell. That train horn will reverberate so much better inside the baseball diamond. 😂

Hopefully tickets are cheaper over there

I've watched a pretty big chunk of the Richlands/Graham game, and it seems that the offense revolves around the QB. Not to take away anything from Bradshaw, as he's a great receiver and athlete in general, and impacts the game in other ways. However, if we're speaking strictly of the offensive game plan, the QB is the key. The direct handoffs to the RB weren't very successful, but when the QB faked and took off, big yards! If Union stays strong against the run, takes that away, and forces the QB to pass, we might be able to disrupt that some with some occasional blitzes and WR double teaming. Have to mix it up, and be prepared for a QB scramble. Always been susceptible to that.

On D, Graham was beyond prepared for Richlands' O. I saw a few instances of jumping the slot receiver, and seemingly knowing where the RB was going. They covered the Richlands O much like I'm suggesting covering Graham's. If will be interesting to see how Graham covers Union's O. If they put too many guys in the box, and/or blitz too aggressively, we may have some big runs because the RBs hit the holes hard and fast. If they don't put enough in the box, we'll 3 yard them all night.

I know we don't have a Bradshaw or Meadows, but we have a very solid TEAM this year. I only see this being a runaway if either team commits lots of turnovers or penalties.

16 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

I've watched a pretty big chunk of the Richlands/Graham game, and it seems that the offense revolves around the QB. Not to take away anything from Bradshaw, as he's a great receiver and athlete in general, and impacts the game in other ways. However, if we're speaking strictly of the offensive game plan, the QB is the key. The direct handoffs to the RB weren't very successful, but when the QB faked and took off, big yards! If Union stays strong against the run, takes that away, and forces the QB to pass, we might be able to disrupt that some with some occasional blitzes and WR double teaming. Have to mix it up, and be prepared for a QB scramble. Always been susceptible to that.

On D, Graham was beyond prepared for Richlands' O. I saw a few instances of jumping the slot receiver, and seemingly knowing where the RB was going. They covered the Richlands O much like I'm suggesting covering Graham's. If will be interesting to see how Graham covers Union's O. If they put too many guys in the box, and/or blitz too aggressively, we may have some big runs because the RBs hit the holes hard and fast. If they don't put enough in the box, we'll 3 yard them all night.

I know we don't have a Bradshaw or Meadows, but we have a very solid TEAM this year. I only see this being a runaway if either team commits lots of turnovers or penalties.

I agree about the LBs for Graham.  They dont want to over pursue against Union 

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

I think Graham has a lot of solid players other Meadows and Bradshaw. 56 and 15 for Graham are good enough to start DL on any team in region D. Bradshaw will get his points but this game is going to come down to line play. Lomax is a big back and if he gets past the line he will be problem for anyone. Graham needs 56 and 78 to make sure he doesn’t make it to the second level clean. I would love to see Graham line Meadows up over the center more instead of the end. Clog up the middle and start putting more pressure on the center snapping the ball.

11 minutes ago, Gfan said:

I think Graham has a lot of solid players other Meadows and Bradshaw. 56 and 15 for Graham are good enough to start DL on any team in region D. Bradshaw will get his points but this game is going to come down to line play. Lomax is a big back and if he gets past the line he will be problem for anyone. Graham needs 56 and 78 to make sure he doesn’t make it to the second level clean. I would love to see Graham line Meadows up over the center more instead of the end. Clog up the middle and start putting more pressure on the center snapping the ball.

I have wondered why they don't put Meadows over the center myself. If you watch some of the clips from the Spring game between these teams, the RBs just run right past him. I think he's a little too slow for DT. Maybe having him over center doesn't fit Graham's overall defensive strategy or something.

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

I have wondered why they don't put Meadows over the center myself. If you watch some of the clips from the Spring game between these teams, the RBs just run right past him. I think he's a little too slow for DT. Maybe having him over center doesn't fit Graham's overall defensive strategy or something.

I guy that size over the  center can cause issues with teams that pull linemen just by driving the center back into the backfield