Union vs Graham

Gridiron60

10 minutes ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

I’ll be in town a little early tomorrow. Give me a good restaurant… 

If Big Whiskey was still open I’d say there, but sadly they’re not. Railyard is pretty good. 

40 minutes ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

I’ll be in town a little early tomorrow. Give me a good restaurant… 

Just stop at Cuz's in Pounding Mill on the way up. Best food you will find in a 50 mile radius there. Ignore all of the incoming haters that will quote this post by saying "it's too high", "they're rude", "it's not good", etc. I will put my word on it that it is far and away the best stop to eat at on that ride. 

15 minutes ago, chipinbogey said:

Just stop at Cuz's in Pounding Mill on the way up. Best food you will find in a 50 mile radius there. Ignore all of the incoming haters that will quote this post by saying "it's too high", "they're rude", "it's not good", etc. I will put my word on it that it is far and away the best stop to eat at on that ride. 

I agree 100%

19 minutes ago, chipinbogey said:

10000% agree. Cuz’s is amazing. Is it more pricey than other places? Sure! But their steaks are also bigger than your head, so I’m okay paying a little more. 😂

3 minutes ago, vtdavis4321 said:

Wow, has long as that place been open? I can tell you that I was a regular there in the late 80s. Haven't been since probably 1993 and thought for sure it would be closed by now. Incredible food.

1978 maybe? 

45 minutes ago, chipinbogey said:

If you want barbecue that’s actually good, wait until Friday and eat at Fisher & Co.  Cuz’s hasn’t been worth a stop since the end of the Clinton Administration.  People say “it’s too high”, because it absolutely is.  People say “it’s not good”, because it’s not anymore.  When the food starts coming in on a Cisco truck, that’s when you know they’re mailing it in…

Union fans, if early, do the following and you will have your best dog this side of the Mississippi. They close at 5, so get there if you can at 445, order 5 hot dog a piece. You are close to West VA, so when you say hotdog, that means Chili is on it unless you request no chili. The meat is never frozen and comes from a local farm to make their hot dog chili. It's called Double Gated Grocery, and this is the last year it will be open from what my friends in Big Blue tell me. It's been in Bluefield VA, inside of a neighborhood (weird, but the little place is inside a neighborhood across from Graham High School. It's well known for many miles away. Take it from this guy who has made the passage from Pembroke (Giles Co) to Double Gates Grocery for decades just for the hot dogs.

Take thess dogs and drive a Ross the West VA border and turn onto route 52 South which takes you on top of East River Mountain a couple thousand feet I the air and you can see/look down on both Bluefield (mostly the WV side). Eat your dogs there. For a memorable experience and looking back ten years or twenty years from now on your trip to Bluefield, the Dogs at Double Gates Grocery and the East River Mountain Overlook will be a memorable one. The overlook is roughly 4 minutes down the mountain and another 3-6 minutes to Mitchell Stadium. So, no more than 10 minutes drive.

7 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

If you want barbecue that’s actually good, wait until Friday and eat at Fisher & Co.  Cuz’s hasn’t been worth a stop since the end of the Clinton Administration.  People say “it’s too high”, because it absolutely is.  People say “it’s not good”, because it’s not anymore.  When the food starts coming in on a Cisco truck, that’s when you know they’re mailing it in…

I love you, but I couldn’t possible disagree with you more 😂😂

6 minutes ago, vtdavis4321 said:

Union fans, if early, do the following and you will have your best dog this side of the Mississippi. They close at 5, so get there if you can at 445, order 5 hot dog a piece. You are close to West VA, so when you say hotdog, that means Chili is on it unless you request no chili. The meat is never frozen and comes from a local farm to make their hot dog chili. It's called Double Gated Grocery, and this is the last year it will be open from what my friends in Big Blue tell me. It's been in Bluefield VA, inside of a neighborhood (weird, but the little place is inside a neighborhood a Ross from Graham High School. It's well known for many miles away. Take it from this guy who has made the passage from Pembroke (Giles Co) to Double Gates Grocery for decades just for the hot dogs.

Take this dogs and drive a Ross the West VA border and turn onto route 52 South which takes you on top of East River Mountain a couple thousand feet I the air and you can see/look down on both Bluefield (mostly the WV side). Eat your dogs there. For a memorable experience and looking back ten years or twenty years from now on your trip to Bluefield, the Dogs at Double Gates Grocery and the East River Mountain Overlook will be a memorable one. The overlook is roughly 4 minutes down the mountain and another 3-6 minutes to Mitchell Stadium. So, no more than 10 minutes drive.

Please tell me this isn't the last year of Double Gates. The world has to be coming to an end. Thats disappointing 

14 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Think you meant Sysco.

Just now, goose111874 said:

Wouldn't we miss the game though

Social distancing. We can have Fisher and Co put it on a big screen tv and you can watch it on demand nfhs while eating some good food. If Graham should happen to win tomorrow night. I'll come watch it with you and may even pay for meal!!😂

2 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

Social distancing. We can have Fisher and Co put it on a big screen tv and you can watch it on demand nfhs while eating some good food. If Graham should happen to win tomorrow night. I'll come watch it with you and may even pay for meal!!😂

Well then Go Graham

20 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Your opinion