Union vs Graham

Gridiron60

Bluefield, VA and WV folks would know this for sure, but if I'm not mistaken, The Railyard is kind of.......the old Cottons's.  Cotton's was the historic bar and grill in Bluefield, VA, that had the G Star in the middle of the floor that has been in this thread.  They were known for their cheeseburger, breakfast sandwiches, generous portions, and the owner was actually a World Class Pool Player.  I'm not 100% certain if it's the Railyard, but I think it is....when Cotton's closed, the Cotton's crowd/customers and the main cook went to the Railyard, even though there is now a BBQ place in the location of the old Cotton's.  Correct me on that Bluefield folks if that's not accurate.  I still think Double Gates Grocery hot dogs are the way to go if your looking for a memorable/historic/piece of history experience.  You will likely live a long time and find many great places to eat along the way, but you will not likely find many hotdogs this good in our future.

1 minute ago, 02GW12 said:

Thank you for the update I was hoping it was a mix up. I'm guessing Bluefield vs RL was the one and it got crossed.

Yes, Bluefield is cancelled next two weeks including the Richlands' game. I'm not sure if it will be made up or Richlands will try to find another opponent. @Ryan4VT might know. 

I hate that the kids are having to deal with this. Preparing and practicing all week for each other and stuff like this keeps happening. Hopefully they'll get to make it up later on and hopefully RL can find a replacement I'm pretty sure Tazwell is looking for an opponent this Friday. 

Just now, 02GW12 said:

I hate that the kids are having to deal with this. Preparing and practicing all week for each other and stuff like this keeps happening. Hopefully they'll get to make it up later on and hopefully RL can find a replacement I'm pretty sure Tazwell is looking for an opponent this Friday. 

Get vaccinated and they don't have to deal with is.  Choose not to get vaccinated and they get to deal with this.  It's that simple.  

8 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Yes, Bluefield is cancelled next two weeks including the Richlands' game. I'm not sure if it will be made up or Richlands will try to find another opponent. @Ryan4VT might know. 

No makeup yet. I’d assume we are waiting for Monday to see who has to cancel for Covid and then pickup their opponent. 😂

1 minute ago, Ryan4VT said:

No makeup yet. I’d assume we are waiting for Monday to see who has to cancel for Covid and then pickup their opponent. 😂

Right & so goes the "Covid Crap Shoot" season 2021 ~ hopefully, they'll find one. 

5 minutes ago, vtdavis4321 said:

Get vaccinated and they don't have to deal with is.  Choose not to get vaccinated and they get to deal with this.  It's that simple.  

People who are vaccinated are still getting covid man so that wouldn't change anything. And it isn't just from kids playing football it's the entire school enough kids or staff get sick they cancel everything. So vaccine or not games are going to be cancelled.

23 minutes ago, 02GW12 said:

People who are vaccinated are still getting covid man so that wouldn't change anything. And it isn't just from kids playing football it's the entire school enough kids or staff get sick they cancel everything. So vaccine or not games are going to be cancelled.

The First Bolded part above is false, and..........The second (last) bolded part above is Partially true.  It should read, "so vaccine or not, Some games are going to be cancelled, but Less games will be cancelled with high vax rates."

So, it does change things according to the CDC.  The CDC says that.....if you are vaccinated and you come into contact with someone who has Covid, you do Not have to quarantine.  This means....you get to play.  You only have to take a Covid test in 5 days, but don't have to quarantine.  Yes, people who are vaccinated still get Covid, but the Amount of People who are vaccinated who are getting Covid is very low.  What is shutting down football programs?  Football players who are vaccinated getting Covid, or Football Players who are Not vaccinated coming into Contact with someone with Covid?  You and I both know the answer.  It's number two.  So yes, the statement stands, get vaccinated and you play.  Lets say a team had a very high vax rate of nearly 100%, the only people that would need to set out would be those who get Covid.  The other vax'd players could play, so you don't shut the entire team down.  

By the way, the CDC say for people Not vaxd.  You get to stay inside for 10 days if you have been around ANYONE (just one student in shop, world history, or english class that doesn't even know how to keep score in football) who has a positive text for Covid.  This is what is shutting programs downs.  Kids on the team who are unvaxd come into contact with just one or two (only takes one) student who is in the school that likely doesn't even play sports, but has a positive Covid test.  IF those football players were vaxd and they came into contact, they wouldn't have to miss a beat.  They could literally practice that same day.

4 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

This is when we need a meme of beating a dead horse. 

Well, not necessarily beating a dead horse when the immediate post prior to mine brought the horse to life and road him around the race track with a giant can of false info for his jockey.

17 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Tomorrow night is "gold rush" night for Graham fans.  Be aure to wear gold. Think the gold is for childhood cancer.  

I hope the team doesn't wear those yellow uniforms the wore in they spring against Union for Gold Rush Night. 

Many decades ago, when I played against the GMen, they wore Khaki colored bottoms with cardinal colored tops at home. On the road, Khaki pants with white tops. It was a cool and sharp uni. I noticed this looking back through old pics yesterday. Don't know if GMen do the Khaki pants now.

7 minutes ago, Fairlawncat said:

Many decades ago, when I played against the GMen, they wore Khaki colored bottoms with cardinal colored tops at home. On the road, Khaki pants with white tops. It was a cool and sharp uni. I noticed this looking back through old pics yesterday. Don't know if GMen do the Khaki pants now.

These were Graham's colors until Glenn Carlock got them changed. Carlock was a Redskin's fan and got the colors changed. 

1 hour ago, Fairlawncat said:

Graham still has khaki pants. When they wear the khaki’s it’s the best uniform in in the area in my opinion.

they have 4 different sets of uniforms they can wear.  I do not like the anthracite uniforms and the new yellow ones they got are hideous.

613c2c6841442.image.jpg?resize=947,876

9 minutes ago, EH31 said:

Graham still has khaki pants. When they wear the khaki’s it’s the best uniform in in the area in my opinion.

they have 4 different sets of uniforms they can wear.  I do not like the anthracite uniforms and the new yellow ones they got are hideous.

613c2c6841442.image.jpg?resize=947,876

I just hope go gold for childhood cancer doesn’t mean they’ll wear those hideous yellow ones. The one pictured is my favorite.