Union vs Graham

Gridiron60

15 hours ago, vtdavis4321 said:

Get vaccinated and they don't have to deal with is.  Choose not to get vaccinated and they get to deal with this.  It's that simple.  

What if a whole team got vaccinated? I don't think contact tracing is included for those that are vaccinated. First team to get vaccinated could have an easy clean ride to the state championship if the chips fall right. Teams get shut down, have to forfeit games. Could be interesting.

Game day , win loose or draw no excuses, no refs beat us , so and so didn’t play, if and buts candy and nuts , as they always say “ shut up and play the game, it should be a good hard hitting game, May God be with these young men, good health and no injuries 

47 minutes ago, -oo- said:

What if a whole team got vaccinated? I don't think contact tracing is included for those that are vaccinated. First team to get vaccinated could have an easy clean ride to the state championship if the chips fall right. Teams get shut down, have to forfeit games. Could be interesting.

In the area we live in, good luck with that ever happening.

3 hours ago, Bluefield researcher said:

These were Graham's colors until Glenn Carlock got them changed. Carlock was a Redskin's fan and got the colors changed. 

Graham's SCHOOL (Academics) colors are the original maroon and grey. With the Carlock era came Graham's ATHLETIC colors of the Cardinal and Collegiate Gold.

Go G-Men!

1 hour ago, Gfan said:

In the area we live in, good luck with that ever happening.

True, but the point holds true.  If all or nearly all of a team were vaccinated, they would be able to play.  Only the players that were to get Covid would set.  So, to say "I hate the kids are having to go through this."  Sure, it stink and it's rough on everyone, but some of these cancellations are literally self inflicted.  Pure self destruction and that's just the way it is.  "oo".  In response to your question about contract tracing and vaccination.  You are correct, no tracing if you have been vaxd.  This really and truly is why a team that gets a 100% vax rate has a leg up on a state title.  One poster wrote it wouldn't change anything.  Fact is, it changes Everything.  I wasn't getting into a debate on whether people should or shouldn't be vaxd.  That would be beating a dead horse for sure. 

13 minutes ago, vtdavis4321 said:

True, but the point holds true.  If all or nearly all of a team were vaccinated, they would be able to play.  Only the players that were to get Covid would set.  So, to say "I hate the kids are having to go through this."  Sure, it stink and it's rough on everyone, but some of these cancellations are literally self inflicted.  Pure self destruction and that's just the way it is.  "oo".  In response to your question about contract tracing and vaccination.  You are correct, no tracing if you have been vaxd.  This really and truly is why a team that gets a 100% vax rate has a leg up on a state title.  One poster wrote it wouldn't change anything.  Fact is, it changes Everything.  I wasn't getting into a debate on whether people should or shouldn't be vaxd.  That would be beating a dead horse for sure. 

not to make light of the issue(Covid and the associated precautions) but its all a game, some are going to play the game better than others. Purely from a competition standpoint not getting the vax is like playing basketball and never taking a 3. There's a decided advantage right there and you're not taking advantage of it. 

1 hour ago, starcityfootballfan said:

7:00 Mitchell Stadium

Bluefield getting a nice rain shower right now ... come prepared!

I just came through Bluefield and it was bright & sunny. I hope it stays that way. I hate sitting in the rain watching football and for teams playing in it but at least Mitchell is turf if it rains.

12 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I just came through Bluefield and it was bright & sunny. I hope it stays that way. I hate sitting in the rain watching football and for teams playing in it but at least Mitchell is turf if it rains.

Arrived from Roanoke around noon. I am over at my parent's house in South Bluefield. Rained ... steady... here for about 30 minutes around 2:30! Now it appears to be clearing.

🤞🤞🤞

#GrahamPride

On 9/15/2021 at 3:41 PM, Mountain Football said:

Social distancing. We can have Fisher and Co put it on a big screen tv and you can watch it on demand nfhs while eating some good food. If Graham should happen to win tomorrow night. I'll come watch it with you and may even pay for meal!!😂

Done eating need you to come and pay my bill.  Got here a little early

9 hours ago, Fairlawncat said:

Many decades ago, when I played against the GMen, they wore Khaki colored bottoms with cardinal colored tops at home. On the road, Khaki pants with white tops. It was a cool and sharp uni. I noticed this looking back through old pics yesterday. Don't know if GMen do the Khaki pants now.

9 hours ago, Bluefield researcher said:

These were Graham's colors until Glenn Carlock got them changed. Carlock was a Redskin's fan and got the colors changed. 

Those colors were used under Carlock.  Pre-Carlock colors were maroon and gray.  Had khaki pants when I was in school in the early-mid 80's. Wore them into the 90s as well.