Union vs Graham

Gridiron60

1 minute ago, starcityfootballfan said:

Graham comes out in the yellow ... I just get that sinking feeling! 😉

Yeah the one & only time they’ve worn them was in the spring against Union. (To my knowledge that is the only time until now)

22 hours ago, vtdavis4321 said:

The First Bolded part above is false, and..........The second (last) bolded part above is Partially true.  It should read, "so vaccine or not, Some games are going to be cancelled, but Less games will be cancelled with high vax rates."

So, it does change things according to the CDC.  The CDC says that.....if you are vaccinated and you come into contact with someone who has Covid, you do Not have to quarantine.  This means....you get to play.  You only have to take a Covid test in 5 days, but don't have to quarantine.  Yes, people who are vaccinated still get Covid, but the Amount of People who are vaccinated who are getting Covid is very low.  What is shutting down football programs?  Football players who are vaccinated getting Covid, or Football Players who are Not vaccinated coming into Contact with someone with Covid?  You and I both know the answer.  It's number two.  So yes, the statement stands, get vaccinated and you play.  Lets say a team had a very high vax rate of nearly 100%, the only people that would need to set out would be those who get Covid.  The other vax'd players could play, so you don't shut the entire team down.  

By the way, the CDC say for people Not vaxd.  You get to stay inside for 10 days if you have been around ANYONE (just one student in shop, world history, or english class that doesn't even know how to keep score in football) who has a positive text for Covid.  This is what is shutting programs downs.  Kids on the team who are unvaxd come into contact with just one or two (only takes one) student who is in the school that likely doesn't even play sports, but has a positive Covid test.  IF those football players were vaxd and they came into contact, they wouldn't have to miss a beat.  They could literally practice that same day.

I'm not trying to get into any political conversation man. I'm simply stating games are going to be cancelled either way. I couldn't care less if people are or are not vaccinated. And it really wouldn't change anything like you said one kid or teacher or anyone gets it and comes in contact with this or that person it could me a cancellation. Again I'm not trying to get into any political conversation or battle with anyone about covid or anything else. We're simply living in a time where lots of things come second to people's health as it should and that means football comes second as well. It sucks for all of us and hopefully we aren't to far from the end but I honestly think we're just seeing the beginning of this crap. Sadly I don't think this winter will be to kind to us regarding covid.

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

They lost. lol

No way, Union lost?

Check this out. Union and Graham had the same number of total yds, the same number of passing yds, the same number of rush yds. I've never heard of that on the history of football at any level on all time. Exact same rush, pass, total yds. Has to be some kind of a record that would hold up likely a Ross the entire country.

Obviously did not want to see us lose this game, but if we play twice I'd rather lose this one than the next.

Were there a lot of penalties? Yep.

Were a couple bogus? Yep.       

Did they affect the outcome? Nope.

3 plays lost this game... the bad snap/fake, whatever it was on the punt... the fumble, when we had all the momentum, about to go up 2 scores... and the ultra conservative play calls on the possession before Graham scored the go ahead TD.

If the Bears can make it through Richlands, Ridgeview, Abingdon and Central unscathed, we'll definitely meet again. Congratulations to the GMen!

6 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

Obviously did not want to see us lose this game, but if we play twice I'd rather lose this one than the next.

Were there a lot of penalties? Yep.

Were a couple bogus? Yep.       

Did they affect the outcome? Nope.

3 plays lost this game... the bad snap/fake, whatever it was on the punt... the fumble, when we had all the momentum, about to go up 2 scores... and the ultra conservative play calls on the possession before Graham scored the go ahead TD.

If the Bears can make it through Richlands, Ridgeview, Abingdon and Central unscathed, we'll definitely meet again. Congratulations to the GMen!

i think we should have went for 2 after our last score. graham jumped offsides so i think we could have got a yard with lomax

2 hours ago, The U Bear said:

i think we should have went for 2 after our last score. graham jumped offsides so i think we could have got a yard with lomax

I thought about that too. Would have probably gotten it. Always easier to coach from the stands though. Haha

On 9/11/2021 at 11:02 PM, Gmen2021 said:

Graham won’t give up 200 yards rushing Thursday. Bradshaw is playing this game and his effect on the game transcends his touches he gets.  Different season than the spring. 

We lost but I think we might've made it to 200

Union shouldn't have lost the game, but mishaps happen and Graham came away with the W!  After the first touchdown to Bradshaw, I told my buddy that it would come down to who got the ball last, and who made fewer mistakes.

Union could of sealed the game late, and had the fumble on the 13 yard line, and then the missed extra point hurt, but Union had every chance in the world to win this ball game, bad refs or not!!! The refs didn't lose the ball game, Union had more mistakes, and Graham capitalized on them. I am not sure what kind of coverage Union had late in the game on the last Graham TD, but I could of caught that ball and ran it in. My point being, is if my team is up 27-21 with under a minute to go, I am going into a prevent defense, and having my secondary no deeper than the 10 yard line, and keeping everything in front of me!! I'm no football coach, or any coach for that matter, but just my thoughts!!

Hats of to #3 Lomax, the kid works his butt off, in the off season, and in season, and it definitely is showing, with 200+ rushing yards, and 3 touchdowns last night. Definitely can see that kid playing football on Saturday in college.

Great ball game to watch, and I hope we see a rematch later in the season.

6 minutes ago, #BBN said:

Union shouldn't have lost the game, but mishaps happen and Graham came away with the W!  After the first touchdown to Bradshaw, I told my buddy that it would come down to who got the ball last, and who made fewer mistakes.

Union could of sealed the game late, and had the fumble on the 13 yard line, and then the missed extra point hurt, but Union had every chance in the world to win this ball game, bad refs or not!!! The refs didn't lose the ball game, Union had more mistakes, and Graham capitalized on them. I am not sure what kind of coverage Union had late in the game on the last Graham TD, but I could of caught that ball and ran it in. My point being, is if my team is up 27-21 with under a minute to go, I am going into a prevent defense, and having my secondary no deeper than the 10 yard line, and keeping everything in front of me!! I'm no football coach, or any coach for that matter, but just my thoughts!!

Hats of to #3 Lomax, the kid works his butt off, in the off season, and in season, and it definitely is showing, with 200+ rushing yards, and 3 touchdowns last night. Definitely can see that kid playing football on Saturday in college.

Great ball game to watch, and I hope we see a rematch later in the season.

A big turning point was when Graham was threatening to score to go up 21-14 and threw the interception in the endzone.  After that, the game had the feel of Union going ahead and Graham not being able to match scores with them.  Grahams linebackers were overpursuing and got burned.  Lomax would appear to be turning upfield and bounce plays outside and caught the Graham defenders flat-footed several times.  Union wins the rematch, I believe unless Graham cleans up some things on the defensive side of the ball.

1 minute ago, Real Sasquatch said:

A big turning point was when Graham was threatening to score to go up 21-14 and threw the interception in the endzone.  After that, the game had the feel of Union going ahead and Graham not being able to match scores with them.  Grahams linebackers were overpursuing and got burned.  Lomax would appear to be turning upfield and bounce plays outside and caught the Graham defenders flat-footed several times.  Union wins the rematch, I believe unless Graham cleans up some things on the defensive side of the ball.

Not if they can't stop the QB from running.  I know everyone else talks about Bradshaw but the QB impressed me the most.  I thought he was tackled 2 or 3 times and quit watching and then somehow he comes running to the other side of the field

You have to consider not just Union O vs Graham D in the next series, but Graham O vs Union D. Graham has an advantage in their O compared to Unions O and improvement. Union is primarily a rush offense and their offense will be very similar with only a small ceiling for improvement. Graham is largely a passing O which incorporates timing, route running, QB reads, accuracy in passing, etc.

Grahams O has the higher ceiling from now until the next match compared to Unions.  This is not a good sign for Union as the QB for Graham is a new starter and will only get way better. Do not be surprised if Graham easily can trade scores with Union on the next game. I favor Graham to win by 10-13 points if they play again.  Graham will be much closer to perfect in scoring with each possession compared to Union in the next series.  By the end of the season, Graham's Offense will be at the point it was in 2018. They have that kind of talent. The QB play for Graham will skyrocket from last night until the next meeting.