Union vs Graham

Gridiron60

There is no guarantee that Graham or Union will be in the Regional Finals.  It was the 3rd game of the season for both teams.  A lot can change between now and a potential re-match.  Union beat Graham by 2 points just 2 years ago and Graham turned around and beat Union at their place by 39 points in the playoffs, so we can all speculate all we want, but a team can learn and grow a whole heck of a lot throughout the season.  Graham's defense the past couple of season's has had a reputaton of getting better as the season goes along. I myself have been talking about how Graham's defense has "potential" to be very good.  They have new pieces in place and are learning.  The athleticism is there, when things click, I think they will be very good and I still believe that.   Maybe Union blows Graham out next time (if there is a next time), but to draw conclusions from the 3rd game of the season is a little pre-mature (myself included).

4 hours ago, BigWinners said:

lolol okay big guy whatever you sag. 

Two huge iffy penalties that took points off The board? The INT sure, but that's BC the QB threw into.coverage. Not quite the same as fumbling unassisted going into ice the game. 

He definitely wasn’t going in untouched. It looks like the ball popped out when 78 hit him.

4 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

It was more of a linebacker issue for Graham in my humble opinion.  They played too close to the line, over pursued, got caught up in traffic and had a lot of broken "arm" tackles. 

Going by the radio, it seemed like Union had guys in the backfield on defense a ton too. Blevins is exceptional and escaped the pressure but the pressure was there. 

3 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Going by the radio, it seemed like Union had guys in the backfield on defense a ton too. Blevins is exceptional and escaped the pressure but the pressure was there. 

I can attest to that. Dude had a 1st and 49 and Richlands blitzed and 3 players touched him behind the line and he still got away for a 51 yard gain. Slippery for sure. 

8 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Agree Big W.  It was there especially in the second half more than the first.  I think Coach Palmer did and Graham's staff did a tremendous job in spreading Union out.  By spreading Union out and forcing them to cover 4 WR's on a regular basis, it allowed the Graham QB who is very athletic and strong to use his athleticism to make 1 or 2 Union Defensive lineman miss and up field he went.  

5 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

I can attest to that. Dude had a 1st and 49 and Richlands blitzed and 3 players touched him behind the line and he still got away for a 51 yard gain. Slippery for sure. 

I think Blevins is the most athletic player on the team. With each game he gets under his belt as QB, I only see him getting more explosive and plus more accurate with his passes. 

On 9/21/2021 at 4:03 PM, vtdavis4321 said:

"Means Nothing" are your words.  They aren't mine nor anyone else's I've read on here. Since you are asking the question of what Union did and it's meaning.  My answer would be it means Something, but not everything.  It means about 250 of Union's yds were the gashing type on Graham, and 150 yds were fooling Graham (something Graham can adjust for by watching film).  Based on this, I think Graham actually has a slight edge in game two compared to Union.   It's a very reasonable opinion I think to have.  I respect anyone's opinion who would think Union has the edge in game two.  It is what it is.

So according to you Graham watches film eliminates 150 of Unions yards ok. Union watches film as well and eliminates 2 of the qbs scrabbles and 1 big throw and don't punt the ball to Bradshaw. Uh sounds like if Union watches film Graham scores 1 td  next game. By the way none of the plays Union ran Friday night was trick plays is was simple old Appalachia play book. 

2 minutes ago, UNION'S HAMMER said:

So according to you Graham watches film eliminates 150 of Unions yards ok. Union watches film as well and eliminates 2 of the qbs scrabbles and 1 big throw and don't punt the ball to Bradshaw. Uh sounds like if Union watches film Graham scores 1 td  next game. 

The above statement you made is actually according to YOU, not me.  So, instead of arguing, just do as you kind of did above...indirectly, but you got there and that is....give your opinion on it.  I copied the point-your opinion from your post.  I dig it.