Union vs Graham

Gridiron60

1 minute ago, CriticalNoise said:

But Jenkins has been offered as well. Why doesn’t he count along side Lomax?

C'mon man getting offered by Notre Dame and WVU is a little diff than smaller D1 programs. Doesn't mean one player is better, but if you're talking about buzz or narrative, having an offer from ND is a big deal. I think Jenkins could make a D1 team as a returner alone, he's all over the field. But ND hasn't came knocking (and may be they're stupid not to come knocking) yet, so of course people gonna talk about the most highly recruited player in the game  

1 minute ago, BigWinners said:

C'mon man getting offered by Notre Dame and WVU is a little diff than smaller D1 programs. Doesn't mean one player is better, but if you're talking about buzz or narrative, having an offer from ND is a big deal. I think Jenkins could make a D1 team as a returner alone, he's all over the field. But ND hasn't came knocking (and may be they're stupid not to come knocking) yet, so of course people gonna talk about the most highly recruited player in the game  

I respect your responses, and agree 100% 

14 minutes ago, CriticalNoise said:

But Jenkins has been offered as well. Why doesn’t he count along side Lomax?

Jenkins, Lomax, Bradshaw, & Meadows are obviously going to be the ones a lot of people will be watching and talking about. But each team is solid as a “team” and has a solid coaching staff who I’m sure instills a team mindset . I don’t think anyone intended to slight Jenkins. I think most of us Graham folks on here have  much respect  for Union’s ability and strength as a team. At the same time, one really can’t talk about Graham without at least mentioning Meadows (who is huge) and Bradshaw (who is lightning). They & other veteran players like Blevins showed great leadership on the field Friday night at Richlands. I guess just don’t read anymore threads involving Graham because I feel like Bradshaw & Meadows will still come up. 

2 minutes ago, CriticalNoise said:

I respect your responses, and agree 100% 

If Union goes to Graham and wins, 100% Jenkins has a TD. Whether it's a return or a defensive play or a receiving TD, if Union wins he is gonna play a huge factor in it. Lomax is gonna be the focal point but getting Jenkins in space with the ball, in any way possible, is gonna be key. 

The passing game keeps improving, the pass Bunch hit Jenkins on the Union sideline where 21 stepped out around the five was the best throw I've seen Bunch make. If Union can threaten teams downfield like that with that rushing monster of Lomax, Satterfield and Honeycutt, they're gonna be very tough to stop.

8 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

If Union goes to Graham and wins, 100% Jenkins has a TD. Whether it's a return or a defensive play or a receiving TD, if Union wins he is gonna play a huge factor in it. Lomax is gonna be the focal point but getting Jenkins in space with the ball, in any way possible, is gonna be key. 

The passing game keeps improving, the pass Bunch hit Jenkins on the Union sideline where 21 stepped out around the five was the best throw I've seen Bunch make. If Union can threaten teams downfield like that with that rushing monster of Lomax, Satterfield and Honeycutt, they're gonna be very tough to stop.

I actually think Satterfield is our best player overall especially on D.  And people better start watching out for #10 that kid hits like bobby bouchet

Hey guys, where has Jenkins been offered? I'm happy for this kid because he's a stud. I didn't know Jenkins has D1 offers. Where and what are his offers. He's a stud. It's pretty scary to have three guys of the caliber than can hawl the pigskin.  Also, question for Union folks. Who is faster, Satterfield or Jenkins?

7 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

I actually think Satterfield is our best player overall especially on D.  And people better start watching out for #10 that kid hits like bobby bouchet

#10 had one on Friday that shook your bones watching it. On the fence down there I had perfect view. He CRUSHED that kid and it was a good legal hit. 

Youve watched more than I have, Lomax was clearly the best LB last year but with his increased offensive role and Satterfields continued growth as a player, it wouldn't shock me a bit for that to be true. 

8 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

At a normal school, Satterfield would also be the best players on that team's offense, but Union isn't normal.

7 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

I think Blevins is Graham’s best overall player. He reminds me a little of Polier from union that he’s not faster than everybody but he’s tougher, and in high school ball that means more than recruiting stars sometimes. 

1 minute ago, Fairlawncat said:

Hey guys, where has Jenkins been offered? I'm happy for this kid because he's a stud. I didn't know Jenkins has D1 offers. Where and what are his offers. He's a stud. It's pretty scary to have three guys of the caliber than can hawl the pigskin.  Also, question for Union folks. Who is faster, Satterfield or Jenkins?

I'd have a hard time picturing Jenkins getting outran by anyone, so I think he is, he is a legit track kid too, but it's possible I'm wrong. 

8 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

I'd have a hard time picturing Jenkins getting outran by anyone, so I think he is, he is a legit track kid too, but it's possible I'm wrong. 

Yeah I'd say Jenkins is faster definitely more shifty.  Satterfield wants to do more harm when he runs.

20 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

I thought our version of the Waterboy graduated in the spring? Haha

#10 along with several others in the 9th and 10th will be future stars, no doubt!

1 minute ago, Union_Fan said:

I thought our version of the Waterboy graduated in the spring? Haha

#10 along with several others in the 9th and 10th will be future stars, no doubt!

Yeah I watched the JV game vs Central and the Sykes kid is better than advertised.  Never seen a kid that young throw with that kind of accuracy.  And the Chandler kids gonna be a good one also I think he's only in 8th grade though.  Central QB not bad either

4 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I hear Union's bus driver is pretty quick too.

I'm hoping the Graham bus driver this season is as good as the scouts are saying.  I'm hearing he may move up to taxi driving if he can pull this one out

1 minute ago, goose111874 said:

I'm hoping the Graham bus driver this season is as good as the scouts are saying.  I'm hearing he may move up to taxi driving if he can pull this one out

The Taxi companies have been scouting him.  I hear he is nursing an injury, however.

22 minutes ago, Fairlawncat said:

Officially, I'm only aware of an offer from Carthage College.

1 hour ago, EH31 said:

I think Blevins is Graham’s best overall player. He reminds me a little of Polier from union that he’s not faster than everybody but he’s tougher, and in high school ball that means more than recruiting stars sometimes. 

I agree.  Needs to tuck the ball better when he runs, but he runs hard and being a linebacker is not afraid of contact.  Very hard nosed, tough kid   plays very smart and runs at the right times, good arm and a very good linebacker.

32 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I agree.  Needs to tuck the ball better when he runs, but he runs hard and being a linebacker is not afraid of contact.  Very hard nosed, tough kid   plays very smart and runs at the right times, good arm and a very good linebacker.

He is a heck of an athlete. I hope we see some great plays from him Thursday. He was quite impressive against Richlands in my opinion. Nothing against the Meadows kid but I hope Blevins stays at QB. Meadows kid was pretty good at LB last year. 

17 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

He is a heck of an athlete. I hope we see some great plays from him Thursday. He was quite impressive against Richlands in my opinion. Nothing against the Meadows kid but I hope Blevins stays at QB. Meadows kid was pretty good at LB last year. 

I agree.  Blevins is a senior and a leader.  Meadows will have a couple more years, hope he recovers from injury well.  I like Raley filling in for him at linebacker.  Raley reminds me of Graham linebackers back in the day.  Not big, but quick and tough.  Thursday can't get here soon enough.

When were talking D1 are we really comparing kids that are getting interest/signing with Power 5 schools to kids that are getting looks from FCS schools???   Those are not the same. Both incredibly impressive and I'm glad for the young men but lets not act like they're on the same level, literally they're not.