Jump to content
Gridiron60

Union vs Graham

Recommended Posts

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
40 minutes ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

I’ll be in town a little early tomorrow. Give me a good restaurant… 

Just stop at Cuz's in Pounding Mill on the way up. Best food you will find in a 50 mile radius there. Ignore all of the incoming haters that will quote this post by saying "it's too high", "they're rude", "it's not good", etc. I will put my word on it that it is far and away the best stop to eat at on that ride. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
15 minutes ago, chipinbogey said:

Just stop at Cuz's in Pounding Mill on the way up. Best food you will find in a 50 mile radius there. Ignore all of the incoming haters that will quote this post by saying "it's too high", "they're rude", "it's not good", etc. I will put my word on it that it is far and away the best stop to eat at on that ride. 

I agree 100%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
19 minutes ago, chipinbogey said:

Just stop at Cuz's in Pounding Mill on the way up. Best food you will find in a 50 mile radius there. Ignore all of the incoming haters that will quote this post by saying "it's too high", "they're rude", "it's not good", etc. I will put my word on it that it is far and away the best stop to eat at on that ride. 

10000% agree. Cuz’s is amazing. Is it more pricey than other places? Sure! But their steaks are also bigger than your head, so I’m okay paying a little more. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
3 minutes ago, vtdavis4321 said:

Wow, has long as that place been open? I can tell you that I was a regular there in the late 80s. Haven't been since probably 1993 and thought for sure it would be closed by now. Incredible food.

1978 maybe? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
45 minutes ago, chipinbogey said:

Just stop at Cuz's in Pounding Mill on the way up. Best food you will find in a 50 mile radius there. Ignore all of the incoming haters that will quote this post by saying "it's too high", "they're rude", "it's not good", etc. I will put my word on it that it is far and away the best stop to eat at on that ride. 

If you want barbecue that’s actually good, wait until Friday and eat at Fisher & Co.  Cuz’s hasn’t been worth a stop since the end of the Clinton Administration.  People say “it’s too high”, because it absolutely is.  People say “it’s not good”, because it’s not anymore.  When the food starts coming in on a Cisco truck, that’s when you know they’re mailing it in…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Union fans, if early, do the following and you will have your best dog this side of the Mississippi. They close at 5, so get there if you can at 445, order 5 hot dog a piece. You are close to West VA, so when you say hotdog, that means Chili is on it unless you request no chili. The meat is never frozen and comes from a local farm to make their hot dog chili. It's called Double Gated Grocery, and this is the last year it will be open from what my friends in Big Blue tell me. It's been in Bluefield VA, inside of a neighborhood (weird, but the little place is inside a neighborhood across from Graham High School. It's well known for many miles away. Take it from this guy who has made the passage from Pembroke (Giles Co) to Double Gates Grocery for decades just for the hot dogs.

Take thess dogs and drive a Ross the West VA border and turn onto route 52 South which takes you on top of East River Mountain a couple thousand feet I the air and you can see/look down on both Bluefield (mostly the WV side). Eat your dogs there. For a memorable experience and looking back ten years or twenty years from now on your trip to Bluefield, the Dogs at Double Gates Grocery and the East River Mountain Overlook will be a memorable one. The overlook is roughly 4 minutes down the mountain and another 3-6 minutes to Mitchell Stadium. So, no more than 10 minutes drive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
7 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

If you want barbecue that’s actually good, wait until Friday and eat at Fisher & Co.  Cuz’s hasn’t been worth a stop since the end of the Clinton Administration.  People say “it’s too high”, because it absolutely is.  People say “it’s not good”, because it’s not anymore.  When the food starts coming in on a Cisco truck, that’s when you know they’re mailing it in…

I love you, but I couldn’t possible disagree with you more 😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
6 minutes ago, vtdavis4321 said:

Union fans, if early, do the following and you will have your best dog this side of the Mississippi. They close at 5, so get there if you can at 445, order 5 hot dog a piece. You are close to West VA, so when you say hotdog, that means Chili is on it unless you request no chili. The meat is never frozen and comes from a local farm to make their hot dog chili. It's called Double Gated Grocery, and this is the last year it will be open from what my friends in Big Blue tell me. It's been in Bluefield VA, inside of a neighborhood (weird, but the little place is inside a neighborhood a Ross from Graham High School. It's well known for many miles away. Take it from this guy who has made the passage from Pembroke (Giles Co) to Double Gates Grocery for decades just for the hot dogs.

Take this dogs and drive a Ross the West VA border and turn onto route 52 South which takes you on top of East River Mountain a couple thousand feet I the air and you can see/look down on both Bluefield (mostly the WV side). Eat your dogs there. For a memorable experience and looking back ten years or twenty years from now on your trip to Bluefield, the Dogs at Double Gates Grocery and the East River Mountain Overlook will be a memorable one. The overlook is roughly 4 minutes down the mountain and another 3-6 minutes to Mitchell Stadium. So, no more than 10 minutes drive.

Please tell me this isn't the last year of Double Gates. The world has to be coming to an end. Thats disappointing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
14 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

If you want barbecue that’s actually good, wait until Friday and eat at Fisher & Co.  Cuz’s hasn’t been worth a stop since the end of the Clinton Administration.  People say “it’s too high”, because it absolutely is.  People say “it’s not good”, because it’s not anymore.  When the food starts coming in on a Cisco truck, that’s when you know they’re mailing it in…

Think you meant Sysco.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Just now, goose111874 said:

Wouldn't we miss the game though

Social distancing. We can have Fisher and Co put it on a big screen tv and you can watch it on demand nfhs while eating some good food. If Graham should happen to win tomorrow night. I'll come watch it with you and may even pay for meal!!😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
2 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

Social distancing. We can have Fisher and Co put it on a big screen tv and you can watch it on demand nfhs while eating some good food. If Graham should happen to win tomorrow night. I'll come watch it with you and may even pay for meal!!😂

Well then Go Graham

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
20 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

If you want barbecue that’s actually good, wait until Friday and eat at Fisher & Co.  Cuz’s hasn’t been worth a stop since the end of the Clinton Administration.  People say “it’s too high”, because it absolutely is.  People say “it’s not good”, because it’s not anymore.  When the food starts coming in on a Cisco truck, that’s when you know they’re mailing it in…

Your opinion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...