Narrows at Giles

BandanaVTDavis4321

10 hours ago, vtdavis4321 said:

The Spartans are growing up and getting more healthy with many of our starters back tonight shows how talented this bunch from Giles is.  They got potential and when it's all said and done, Giles will be the second best team in the West in Class A ball by season's end, and the second game with Galax might be closer than some think IF we can get and stay healthy.   The addition of some key returning starters tonight showed on defense and this will be as big as the offense.  We aren't beating Galax this year, but in the next contest, they will not be able to easily go straight down the field on us with ease like they did the first contest.  I think if we play em again, we keep it within 13-16 points. 

I seen where Galax got the Reeves kid back  from last year, that didn't play against Giles first game. He  gained a 172  yards last night against Radford.  So if they meet again there might be some fireworks. 

2 hours ago, Topper22 said:

I seen where Galax got the Reeves kid back  from last year, that didn't play against Giles first game. He  gained a 172  yards last night against Radford.  So if they meet again there might be some fireworks. 

Javonte certainly give us an added dimension that we didn't have the first few games. Very shifty and fast  gives a good changup to Tucker and Horton who are. Ore of a put their head down and through you running. Plus it was good to see Ashworth run the read option last night. Made a huge difference second half.  

13 hours ago, SWVAgridiron said:

I agree. I definitely think Giles would make it a little more interesting in a rematch but Galax hits another stride come playoff time so we’ll see. 

I'm a Giles guy, but the reality is Coach Allen at Galax called off the dogs after they got up 28-0. If memory serves me correct, I believe his first year coaching at Tazewell in 2012,  Giles played them in regularly season. Giles was really good that year, and after dominating the first half, Coach Williams pulled the starters. Tazewell got to score some points in the second half, ending up something like 57-35. Sure Allen remembered and appreciated that. Knowing these 2 teams are in the same district now, and going to matchup often,looks like both coaches like and respect each other. Just my take.

3 hours ago, Stranger danger said:

I'm a Giles guy, but the reality is Coach Allen at Galax called off the dogs after they got up 28-0. If memory serves me correct, I believe his first year coaching at Tazewell in 2012,  Giles played them in regularly season. Giles was really good that year, and after dominating the first half, Coach Williams pulled the starters. Tazewell got to score some points in the second half, ending up something like 57-35. Sure Allen remembered and appreciated that. Knowing these 2 teams are in the same district now, and going to matchup often,looks like both coaches like and respect each other. Just my take.

I think you are right about that... plus yes we are playing better and these youngsters are growing up but as of now we still aren't on the level of Galax ..and I don't think anyone else in D1 around here is either