Virginia High @ Wise Central

V-Cats

Looking forward to hearing what Pioneer has to say on the subject. VA High needs to be humbled according to him. This will be a big test for VA High. Can they maintain for 4 quarters? Wise will be very physical, and VA High scores quickly and explosively. Depth in a game like this will play into it, as VA High has several going both ways. Wise has been in a game like this, and VA High hasn’t. It will be interesting to see how they respond. 

I hope this is a close one. I think it could go either way. Central’s defense seems pretty solid and may be able to contain VH or least limit the damage. It may come down to mental toughness & which one makes the fewest mistakes. I’m no expert but I take Central. Just my opinion, it may turn out completely inaccurate. 

38 minutes ago, Warriors_XO said:

Central 42-21

If VA High can't stop PH, they definitely won't stop Central. Huge gap in 1A and 2A teams right now. VA High gets a few td's on Central, but not enough. This VA High team reminds me of Tazewell from last year. 

no way Wise holds VA High to 21 points. Would need turnover help if that was the case. 

Just now, goose111874 said:

Can't see central giving up 32 or losing but I've been wrong twice before

I think it'll be a real up and down game. Central with some explosive TDs, VHS will get 2-3 long break out plays. If VHS wins, it'll have to be a score like that and since I'm taking the big upset, I gotta pick a score close to that lol. 

18 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

I think it'll be a real up and down game. Central with some explosive TDs, VHS will get 2-3 long break out plays. If VHS wins, it'll have to be a score like that and since I'm taking the big upset, I gotta pick a score close to that lol. 

You might be right but I've never been wrong 3 times though

On 9/12/2021 at 8:28 PM, FoxTrot said:

Looking forward to hearing what Pioneer has to say on the subject. VA High needs to be humbled according to him. This will be a big test for VA High. Can they maintain for 4 quarters? Wise will be very physical, and VA High scores quickly and explosively. Depth in a game like this will play into it, as VA High has several going both ways. Wise has been in a game like this, and VA High hasn’t. It will be interesting to see how they respond. 

Thanks for mentioning me again, I appreciate it. I said Va High needed humbled because I saw it that way. Sorry if you got butthurt over it. 

As for this game  I think it can be close but will it? This Va High team does remind me a lot of Tazewell, which is not a knock on them. This Central program has been really good at adjusting. They lose and then figure it out. 

Central 42

Va High 28

9 hours ago, FoxTrot said:

VA High is in quarantine!! 

So is Lebanon, it happens to the best of them. I hope Va Highs players come through it healthy. I really hate that kids have to deal with this. 

11 hours ago, FoxTrot said:
12 hours ago, Warriors_XO said:

Central 42-21

If VA High can't stop PH, they definitely won't stop Central. Huge gap in 1A and 2A teams right now. VA High gets a few td's on Central, but not enough. This VA High team reminds me of Tazewell from last year. 

no way Wise holds VA High to 21 points. Would need turnover help if that was the case. 

This defense is stout. 21 points is alot vs them. Even with Union playing their best in the spring they could only muster 14. As explosive as Abinhdon was they scored 13. Ridgeview scored 12 last week and that was 2nd half and late. Last year Ridgeview with Adkins, scored 7. This is a real defense.

1 hour ago, Pioneer said:

So is Lebanon, it happens to the best of them. I hope Va Highs players come through it healthy. I really hate that kids have to deal with this. 

VA High doesn't have a single player that has COVID!!  Unfortunately, it was a Coach, and he was in protocols all last week before being tested.  Hope Lebanon comes through ok!  I don't understand the Health Department, and quarantines!  

42 minutes ago, FoxTrot said:

VA High doesn't have a single player that has COVID!!  Unfortunately, it was a Coach, and he was in protocols all last week before being tested.  Hope Lebanon comes through ok!  I don't understand the Health Department, and quarantines!  

None of the protocols make any sense, every health department seems to be different. It seems like they make it up as they go. If he was in quarantine & not even at practice last week that seems a bit overkill. That’s just me! 

1 hour ago, Warriors_XO said:

This defense is stout. 21 points is alot vs them. Even with Union playing their best in the spring they could only muster 14. As explosive as Abinhdon was they scored 13. Ridgeview scored 12 last week and that was 2nd half and late. Last year Ridgeview with Adkins, scored 7. This is a real defense.

How many graduated?

5 hours ago, FoxTrot said:

The press release from Perrigan stated that there are three positive tests. They could all be coaches, I don't know, but it doesn't seem to be as simple as a coach got covid, quarantined, and no one else got it.

7 hours ago, Warriors_XO said:

The style of play accounts for some of that as well. Wise is in no hurry on offense, and they are always eating up clock and that helps the defense big time. But if a team can get loose a couple times, Wise has to open it up.a little more to create faster scores and it's a diff game. I keep telling you guys I'm wrong, a lot, so if anything if I pick against you, you should prob celebrate