Richlands vs Abingdon

Gridiron60

Heres ya some stats. 

Before this season, Richlands has only been shutout in 5 games since 2000. The last time they were shut out twice in the same season was 1996. The last time they were shut out in back to back weeks? 1991… when I was 1 year old.  😳

2 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Heres ya some stats. 

Before this season, Richlands has only been shutout in 5 games since 2000. The last time they were shut out twice in the same season was 1996. The last time they were shut out in back to back weeks? 1991… when I was 1 year old.  😳

Oh snap! 

1 hour ago, Ryan4VT said:

Heres ya some stats. 

And just think, Union may have been able to do same had game been played. 

Congrats to Abingdon, and also to Graham for last week.  I've been in covid lock down for a couple of weeks, and this covid is no BS believe me.  I'm an old man to most of you and I had the vaccine J&J back in May and now I'm thankfull I did.  Didn't have it too rough, just oxygen level problems and feeling like getting hit by a 300 pound linebacker, but other than that I didn't have it too bad, except for the elephant sitting on my chest at night, or so it seemed.  I'll give God the praise for getting me through, and hope I never have to go that route again.

Back to football---Hope the Blues will get it worked out, but the schedule is a killer.  Just hope all the games get played, but heard that Bluefield is on remote learning now and no sports, so this weeks game may not happen.  Does anyone have any info on this?

GO BIG BLUE!!!

9 minutes ago, Blue 72 said:

Congrats to Abingdon, and also to Graham for last week.  I've been in covid lock down for a couple of weeks, and this covid is no BS believe me.  I'm an old man to most of you and I had the vaccine J&J back in May and now I'm thankfull I did.  Didn't have it too rough, just oxygen level problems and feeling like getting hit by a 300 pound linebacker, but other than that I didn't have it too bad, except for the elephant sitting on my chest at night, or so it seemed.  I'll give God the praise for getting me through, and hope I never have to go that route again.

Back to football---Hope the Blues will get it worked out, but the schedule is a killer.  Just hope all the games get played, but heard that Bluefield is on remote learning now and no sports, so this weeks game may not happen.  Does anyone have any info on this?

GO BIG BLUE!!!

TBD on next weeks opponent. It for sure won’t be Bluefield. 

8 hours ago, bulldog05-CO2017 said:

I bet they are glad, Richlands needs an easy opponent to boost there confidence. They acted like they were lost Friday and didn’t seem to care how the scoreboard looked. 

Play Loris HS, somewhere in NC.

39 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Play Loris HS, somewhere in NC.

Loris is 0-4 and in South Carolina, not North Carolina, and they would walk through Richlands if they played and would win by 2-3 touchdowns to get their first win.  Loris's 2 out of first 4 opponents are ranked number one in the state of SC in their respective divisions.  The other 2 teams are powerhouses also.  Loris plays size for size, what is arguably the most difficult schedule in South Carolina.  Remember when Graham (the size of a Class 1 or 2 school at the time) was playing GW Danville's and other huge schools, Loris plays about 5 out of 10 schools every year with that size difference, but the ones they are playing are quality with that size.  South Carolina, size for size, arguably has the best High School Football in the United States if you factor in the amount of players going to Div 1 and the NFL per capita.  

One issue for Mance that offers no advantage is his wide open spread type offense.  Everybody runs it down there.  Mance took what they were already doing down South in the early 2000's and put it in SWVA, and for SWVA locals, it looked like Richlands was the next Oregon.  Away from Southwest Virginia and in the South, this offense was and is a dime a dozen.  Defensive backfields are more than comfortable.

21 hours ago, vtdavis4321 said:

Loris is 0-4 and in South Carolina, not North Carolina

One issue for Mance that offers no advantage is his wide open spread type offense.  Everybody runs it down there.

I think he was saying meet them half way at a neutral site 

Maybe if Mance asks nicely him and his staff can come up this spring and Turner will do a clinic on the T for him