Mercer Co. Schools suspending all practices and games until September 27th.

Real Sasquatch

18 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Richlands @ Bluefield is off I guess. 

With the way things seem to be going, they’ll likely be several teams needing a game other than Richlands. Or at least that seems to be the trend each week in what I like to call “Covid Crap Shoot Football” Hopefully, they find a good opponent for that date. 

Maybe they should just cancel the whole effing season until they can find a way to "deal with this." This is not helping anyone to have a few practices here and there for one game to be played over a period of what five weeks? Other teams cancel on you because of their covid issues. There's no post season at this rate unless WVSSAC is just fine giving out another paper champion.....

But kids are getting to play like people complained about last year...not every week in some cases but they deserve to play as people said...can't keep everyone happy I guess huh?

Not directing this at you...just the "kids deserve to play" crowd from last year and this

2 hours ago, bhs7695 said:

Maybe they should just cancel the whole effing season until they can find a way to "deal with this." This is not helping anyone to have a few practices here and there for one game to be played over a period of what five weeks? Other teams cancel on you because of their covid issues. There's no post season at this rate unless WVSSAC is just fine giving out another paper champion.....

You make your statement sound as if there is Zero, Nada, Zilch we can do to prevent Covid's assault on any team it chooses simply by chance. Therefore, I AM Not beating a dead horse, I am simply saying, if you want to play bad enough, get the needle in your arm.

Gazillionith time....if you get the shot, u do not need to quarantine if you've been exposed. This means, if the entire team gets the shot, you will not have one game cancelled. Why bring it up? Because people continue to post as if we are powerless with Covid cancelling games and that's untrue. We actually do have a method to prevent cancelled games. 

It is ok and fine, nothing wrong with a person's choice to get or not get the vaccine. It's their decision. But, it's pretty clear if you don't get vaxd, the odds are high your team will shut down at some point. Because a person chose to make that decision to not get vaxd, is it really ok to complain when Covid cancels your game? I have no pity on any team that is cancelled because of Covid. They made their choice not to get the vax.