Marion vs. Gate City

KevinG

GC is going to have to block their tails off, and Marion is going to have to limit turnovers. Marion's front 7 is very stout and is more than capable of catching Jenkins in the backfield, but if he gets to the second level, forget about it, he's gone. Meanwhile, Marion has to establish a run game to take the load off of the passing game. Marion has excellent receivers, but if you're forced to run four verticals on every 3rd down due to being shut down on first and second, it makes the defense's job easy. 

I think it'll be a very entertaining high-scoring game, just maybe not a "68-40" level high scoring game like last year.

7 hours ago, Sherman said:

I agree with Union_Fan.  I think it will depend on whether or not Marion can contain Carson Jenkins.

Jenkins is one of the fastest and most athletic players I’ve ever seen.  I’m sure Marion has done their homework and will dedicate 2-3 players to him all night.  Hopefully Brady Edwards will be back on defense.   It really hurt GC when he got hurt.   I hear Marion has improved so I’m looking forward to the matchup.

5 minutes ago, Footballfan012 said:

Jenkins is one of the fastest and most athletic players I’ve ever seen.  I’m sure Marion has done their homework and will dedicate 2-3 players to him all night.  Hopefully Brady Edwards will be back on defense.   It really hurt GC when he got hurt.   I hear Marion has improved so I’m looking forward to the matchup.

GC QB is pretty solid for a sophomore too.