Graham folks..... Question

BoBob

So as a Appomattox Raider I haven't made the trip to Bluefield yet but that is about to change.  My son will be playing against Bluefield College (he's at Georgetown College in KY) on Saturday the 25th.

Game time is 2:30 that afternoon so we are planning to get there around 11:30 to catch some lunch before the game. We have a couple cars loads of Raider fans coming down so I'm looking for some suggestions of a good local place not too far from the stadium.  

I think I saw where you can buy tickets at the gates from the game.  If you know differently please tell me. LOL

Looking forward to seeing the stadium I've heard about from the Graham folks. 

4 minutes ago, BoBob said:

So as a Appomattox Raider I haven't made the trip to Bluefield yet but that is about to change.  My son will be playing against Bluefield College (he's at Georgetown College in KY) on Saturday the 25th.

Game time is 2:30 that afternoon so we are planning to get there around 11:30 to catch some lunch before the game. We have a couple cars loads of Raider fans coming down so I'm looking for some suggestions of a good local place not too far from the stadium.  

I think I saw where you can buy tickets at the gates from the game.  If you know differently please tell me. LOL

If you want some great Italian look on the WV side at Portabella's.  Two locations one down on the avenue and one in the mall.  La Fiesta has or used to have great Mexican.  Shogun is decent as well with Japanese and some Thai food as well there.  There is an Applebees and Bob Evans close to there as well, nothing special but they are there.

All are within 10 min of stadium

5 minutes ago, BoBob said:

The Railyard is about 5 minutes from the stadium, give or take.  Great options and great atmosphere.  Every meal I’ve ever had there has been excellent.

1 hour ago, BoBob said:

I'd also say the Railyard is probably your best bet. But The Grind is a newly opened coffee shop that serves burgers and wraps. The interesting dynamic there is that current/former Bluefield College football players own it and work it. 

1 hour ago, frito gonzales said:

Railyard is very good...but if you wanna go a little more affordable and want a great burger the Bluefield Sports Bar and Grill has the best homemade burgers in town. It's kind of a hole in the wall place and nothing fancy but great food as well.

That’s a good pull.  It’s a little out of the way, but worth it if you’re looking for burgers, etc.

2 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

The Railyard is about 5 minutes from the stadium, give or take.  Great options and great atmosphere.  Every meal I’ve ever had there has been excellent.

Uva man is right. Railyard 

1 hour ago, oldfool said:

Also take 81 to 77 and skip all the speed traps on 460

Giles county love that place but go slow through there. 

2 hours ago, oldfool said:

Also take 81 to 77 and skip all the speed traps on 460

Thanks man!!!!  That is the route I was figuring on heading. 

Site won't allow me to "like" anymore today.....anyway, appreciate all the responses.