Week 4 updates

-oo-

4 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I was sure that they would go for 2.  Graham couldnt stop Lomax.

they should have. i told my wife that would be the difference in the game. if were up 8 we cant lose at the end and it puts pressure on them to go for 2. 

20 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Do you have any idea why Jenkins doesn't kick extra points because some of those kicks barely make it.  Just wondering since he kicks off and has a good leg

i think he jus has the big leg to kick it deep but hes not accurate on pats or fg

I could watch these two teams play every week. Lomax deserves to be talked about as one of the best players in Region D. I think Bradshaw may have answered The Who is faster question on the first play. Good game by all. Hopefully we get to see it again in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, BigWinners said:

You can sense it. A Graham TD with no time left and wins by a point. 

You nailed it sort of, lol. Truthfully, Lomax was the stud on the field tonight. That kid is a flat out athlete! He needs to be called the Punisher! He punished our  defense all night long.  He just keeps going and he ain’t a bit lazy! I’m just glad our D held when it counted. Hats off to Union, played a heck of a game. 

4 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

They won a state title in 2018.  Would you consider that accepting success?

You do realize I was playing Devils Advocate based on what a Union guy posted, then edited?  He's the same moron that was the bus guy from last year talking non-sense.  He wrote about how Union winning was a given and Graham couldn't be successful.  My posts were messing with him jokingly, not my own actual thoughts or feelings.  I think the GMen will win the Region and probably beat Appo and play for another title and probably win it if you ask me how I truly feel.  They are for real.  

2 minutes ago, vtdavis4321 said:

You do realize I was playing Devils Advocate based on what a Union guy posted, then edited?  He's the same moron that was the bus guy from last year talking non-sense.  

Well, Im the other moron who was talking bus nonsense last year with him.  Just having some fun, God forbid 

Lomax is absolutely nasty.  A vicious runner that can run over you, and he can get very, very quick.  Great vision and shifty.  The only thing holding Lomax back from an FBS offer would be straight line speed.  He's not slow at all. He's fast, but he needs a touch more straight line break away speed for the FBS type offer.  But, Morehead State isn't high enough.  He's better than that, like Boise State, Central Florida, Marshall, SMU, type caliber to me.  He's also wicked at defensive end.

Union did shoot themselves in the foot late, but Graham did the same at the end of the first half.  They had a series where they got to the Union 11, and just blew themselves up with penalties.  Then, their very last series, their clock management was a bit shaky.  Credit to Union's D for hurrying the Graham QB who got a touched rattled in that last series, and they kind of lost track of time, but Graham can equally point to the last few minutes of a half like Union.  Union's was the second half, but Graham's was the first half and they left arguably 10 points on the field in the last 4 minutes of the first half. 

Special Teams. Graham won the special teams battle.  The Bradshaw score and extra point block and the shanked punt by Union on Graham's last series of the game giving Graham the ball near their own 40 were huge.  I know the total yards, passing yards, rushing yards were both exactly the same, and Union had more turnovers and penalties, but Graham won the third part of the equation and that's special teams.  Special teams is what got Union against Appo in the close game back at Union a few years back.  Special teams are a big part of the game and they do matter.  

9 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Well, Im the other moron who was talking bus nonsense last year with him.  Just having some fun, God forbid 

And I never once said that about Graham ever guys an idiot.  Go back and find one post where I've talked about Graham like that

1 minute ago, SWVAgridiron said:

IMO Union had the best overall athlete and coaching staff but Graham had the more overall team talent. Union just shot themselves in the foot too many times. I can’t wait to watch this rematch. 

If I'm Graham, Im pulling for somebody to upset Union in the playoffs.  That team is like a wrecking ball on offense.  Good grief.  Graham's speed is what kept them alive and with a chance at the end. Lomax is a beast. 

16 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

If I'm Graham, Im pulling for somebody to upset Union in the playoffs.  That team is like a wrecking ball on offense.  Good grief.  Graham's speed is what kept them alive and with a chance at the end. Lomax is a beast. 

Some of Graham's issues can be made up for with adjustments on defense.  In the last quarter, Union was running at will off tackles, but.........for the first 3 quarters, much of those yards came from just simply outflanking, out-aligning Graham and a quick toss beating them to the corner.  Those types of runs where you are beat to the corner due to being outflanked can be adjusted for and you don't feel as bad, or get as concerned as the runs that gash you off tackle, regardless of Lomax, their OLine was pushing Graham's DL off the ball in the fourth quarter.  But, Graham did that some with Union also in the first half.