Week 4 updates

-oo-

Yep, the Bobcats let off the gas some, but credit Galax for just continuing to do their thing.  They beat us up front on the line of scrimmage which is our weak spot.  We are very young up front and have a bunch of new starters that are going to be good, but they need time.  Also, they are undersized.  This is not a big Radford team by any means.  Congrats on Galax for continuing to keep that rushing game going with great blocking.  The QB for Galax is very good.  Hopefully the Bobcats can bounce back next week.  The better team won the game tonight.  

14 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Talking to some Belfry fans at the Richlands jamboree, one of them said they were a 2 win team. 

I saw them at Richlands. It was the least physically imposing Belfry team I've ever seen over the years. I counted only 37 kids too. They're 0-5 and getting beat by an average of 41-8 in four of their losses. Their other loss was a Covid loss. 

15 minutes ago, Optimal62 said:

Yep forgot how close that one was. 

The thing that hurts Carroll, they haven’t developed anyone to go along with the Gosnell kid. They have talent. Just rely too heavily on one kid. 

28 minutes ago, Wolf1207 said:

2011 and 2012 for cwood @Wythe! 2011 is when CWood beat Galax for the state title! I believe. 

This is correct. GW and Clintwood met in 2011 and 2012 in the quarterfinals as the west 2 and 3 seeds and split the series. The winner each of those years went on to win state titles. 

2 minutes ago, sixcat said:

The thing that hurts Carroll, they haven’t developed anyone to go along with the Gosnell kid. They have talent. Just rely too heavily on one kid. 

Gosnell went down in the 4th. Carroll was up 14-7 and GW was driving and deep in Carroll territory. Not sure how serious, but he never returned. They work that kid to death. 

On the flip side, the Webb kid for Carroll was all over the place on defense.