High Quality Football

Fairlawncat

Men, excuse me if I got some typos in this message.  My wife is driving while I'm riding shotgun and typin.  Just wanted to say those boys on the field tonight were studs.  Two great teams with great coaches and great fans.  Men, there is no way I'm handing Appo a title yet.  That's one of the better High School games I've seen in a while with that ending.  It was just knock out blow after knock out blow.  The fans at Mitchell were nice.  I met a bunch of Bluefield Beaver fans and got to see a few from Giles and Narrows (Giles County was in the house up there).  Great atmosphere.  Oh yea, my car (vehicle) was a near miss.  My wife is much faster than me and she got that puppy out of there before the "tide" came in.  I always love the tip to Bluefield.  We did Trents Grocery this time, which for you folks in Bluefield that used to hang out or party on Wilderness Road, that's the little Grocery/Grill that's known as one of the key locations related to murder on the Appalachian trail and for the somewhat recent shooting of the two guys from Bluefield in 2008 by Randall Lee Smith.  Trent's was one of his hangouts, and if you are really old like me, Trents was also the hangout of suspected Serial Killer George Bird, the psychopath from Bland County that did his damage in the 70's.  Anyway, Trents has some darn good pizza and Trents is still open, after all these years.  Hats off to both Union and Graham.  That was quite a show.  I don't think I will be voting the Bobcats over either one of you guys very soon in the top 10 poll.  Both teams are light years ahead of Radford right now and both teams, whether they know it or not, are actually right there with Appo, and I'm talking about the healthy Appo, not the injured one.  

25 minutes ago, Fairlawncat said:

Men, excuse me if I got some typos in this message.  My wife is driving while I'm riding shotgun and typin.  Just wanted to say those boys on the field tonight were studs.  Two great teams with great coaches and great fans.  Men, there is no way I'm handing Appo a title yet.  That's one of the better High School games I've seen in a while with that ending.  It was just knock out blow after knock out blow.  The fans at Mitchell were nice.  I met a bunch of Bluefield Beaver fans and got to see a few from Giles and Narrows (Giles County was in the house up there).  Great atmosphere.  Oh yea, my car (vehicle) was a near miss.  My wife is much faster than me and she got that puppy out of there before the "tide" came in.  I always love the tip to Bluefield.  We did Trents Grocery this time, which for you folks in Bluefield that used to hang out or party on Wilderness Road, that's the little Grocery/Grill that's known as one of the key locations related to murder on the Appalachian trail and for the somewhat recent shooting of the two guys from Bluefield in 2008 by Randall Lee Smith.  Trent's was one of his hangouts, and if you are really old like me, Trents was also the hangout of suspected Serial Killer George Bird, the psychopath from Bland County that did his damage in the 70's.  Anyway, Trents has some darn good pizza and Trents is still open, after all these years.  Hats off to both Union and Graham.  That was quite a show.  I don't think I will be voting the Bobcats over either one of you guys very soon in the top 10 poll.  Both teams are light years ahead of Radford right now and both teams, whether they know it or not, are actually right there with Appo, and I'm talking about the healthy Appo, not the injured one.  

Glad you enjoyed the trip.  I am a fan of Trents also   like to sit at the picnic table across from the saw mill when I stop there.  It was a battle for sure.  Graham's defense is young and still learning.  Hopefully by the end of the season, they will be able to deal with Unions excellent execution on offense.  Graham looked like a defeated Rocky Balboa late in that one, they kept taking the punches, but came out swinging at the end and landed the last minute knockout.  What a fun game to watch.  I agree, these 2 teams are top tier for sure.  Hard to imagine anybody in Region D will beat either of them.

52 minutes ago, Fairlawncat said:

No offense but this was not Graham’s finest hour but I’m glad for the win and our boys coming through at the right time. We’ve got work to do but they pulled off the win. Great job holding Union in check that last possession. Congratulations, Coach Palmer & staff and boys!  

13 hours ago, Fairlawncat said:

I have watched every game i can and have to respectfully dissagree with you about a healthy Appomattox team. I'm hoping Appo will be back up to 75 percent healthy tonight, if so we will beat LB and moving on with the rest of the season.

Because of lack luster internet I can't stream games so I don't have the luxury of seeing the games.

If Appomattox is healthy they will be a tough out for anyone but that is not to say it won't happen.  IF we can make it through Region C I think it could be a great semi final match up.  Just hope we don't have to go to BSG AGAIN!!   LOL!

But there is a lot of hurdles between now and then,.

14 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

No offense but this was not Graham’s finest hour but I’m glad for the win and our boys coming through at the right time. We’ve got work to do but they pulled off the win. Great job holding Union in check that last possession. Congratulations, Coach Palmer & staff and boys!  

It certainly wasn't our finest hour either. Way too many mistakes.

Good teams tend to make the other team make mistakes, so both Graham and Union made the other one make mistakes.I for one know that the refs were bought off, I seen Jeremy Pruitt ( former Tennessee coach) passing out their money in McDonald’s bags , now disprove that even the NCAA said he does it . Enough of the Ref stuff, was it a perfect game for either Team,? No so let’s see where the road leads and maybe we will get to see these two go at it again