GW vs CC

Jollay, living rent free

10 hours ago, GDUB said:

Well we pulled it out despite some issues! Team seems to be growing up a little each week! Good win for a young team! 

I agree. Still a lot to clean up, but finding a way to win these close games will pay off in a large way going forward

Really thought the game changed when Fowler made the big hit in the hole early in the 2nd half.

And side note....for all the talk not too long ago about us not making defensive adjustments...The last three weeks, we've given up 36 total points defensively (throwing out the Fort pick 6, of course). Of those 36, 27 have been scored in the first quarter. We've given up 9 points in quarters 2-4 plus a 2OT finish

16 minutes ago, gwloyal said:

I agree. Still a lot to clean up, but finding a way to win these close games will pay off in a large way going forward

Really thought the game changed when Fowler made the big hit in the hole early in the 2nd half.

And side note....for all the talk not too long ago about us not making defensive adjustments...The last three weeks, we've given up 36 total points defensively (throwing out the Fort pick 6, of course). Of those 36, 27 have been scored in the first quarter. We've given up 9 points in quarters 2-4 plus a 2OT finish

Maybe the coaching staff read some of the comments on here & decided they needed to make some adjustments, lol. Definitely looks like GW headed in the right direction now. I'll be cheering against them in a few weeks though when they play Graham, lol. 

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

Maybe the coaching staff read some of the comments on here & decided they needed to make some adjustments, lol. Definitely looks like GW headed in the right direction now. I'll be cheering against them in a few weeks though when they play Graham, lol. 

I believe that's exactly what it was lol

We still have a ways to go, but I'm looking forward to seeing this bunch develop over the next couple of seasons. You guys take it easy on us, okay? lol We don't have the horses to run with y'all, but definitely looking forward to seeing you guys in person. 

2 hours ago, gwloyal said:

It’s not all about giving up points it’s about letting the other team control the ball and clock. Giles should have been a win! No excuse for giving up 265 yds on the left side. But in the past! Still not sure playing best 11 on the O side of ball. There is a kid who needs to be utilized as a weapon at wide out who has a big body, speed and soft hands. For some reason he splits times with someone who’s not in same ballpark with athleticism! Hopefully that gets worked out! pass game has really opened the run game. Need that to continue! 

56 minutes ago, GDUB said:

It’s not all about giving up points it’s about letting the other team control the ball and clock. Giles should have been a win! No excuse for giving up 265 yds on the left side. But in the past! Still not sure playing best 11 on the O side of ball. There is a kid who needs to be utilized as a weapon at wide out who has a big body, speed and soft hands. For some reason he splits times with someone who’s not in same ballpark with athleticism! Hopefully that gets worked out! pass game has really opened the run game. Need that to continue! 

Defensively, we actually held 3 different times on that 4th qtr series alone. Twice we put Giles in punting situations and our special teams jumped offsides, and the last time when we turned them over on downs. We missed opportunities offensively on three different occasions that could have prevented us from being in that situation in the first place, but that's neither here nor there lol

I do agree that the passing game, particularly the short passing game has forced defenses away from stacking the box on us, and ultimately does open some things up

43 minutes ago, gwloyal said:

Defensively, we actually held 3 different times on that 4th qtr series alone. Twice we put Giles in punting situations and our special teams jumped offsides, and the last time when we turned them over on downs. We missed opportunities offensively on three different occasions that could have prevented us from being in that situation in the first place, but that's neither here nor there lol

I do agree that the passing game, particularly the short passing game has forced defenses away from stacking the box on us, and ultimately does open some things up

I think need to change cadence! Their Cadence is easy to time and Jump!  It’s a rhythmic and easy to time. That would be a simple fix to slow the d line down