Graham @ Galax

Real Sasquatch

How does everybody see this one going?

Union exposed some defensive issues for Graham. It will be interesting to see how the defense responds after they spent a lot of time on the field against Union and gave up a lot of yards on the ground and we know that Galax always has a good rushing attack.

I’m watching Galax/Radford tonight in NFHS. No offense to the Maroon Tide but Galax ain’t a Union. I’m not saying it’s a cakewalk for Graham. It won’t be but I guarantee they’ll be some adjustments and defense will show improvement over this week. We had some that didn’t want any part of Union & the D staff needs to toughen those boys up, lol. I’m not naming names or numbers. 

2 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I’m watching Galax/Radford tonight in NFHS. No offense to the Maroon Tide but Galax ain’t a Union. I’m not saying it’s a cakewalk for Graham. It won’t be but I guarantee they’ll be some adjustments and defense will show improvement over this week. 

Graham will win by 17+

I saw Galax and Graham 2 weeks ago on NFHS and Graham last night in person and Galax tonight in person.  I think Graham will be tough to beat.  Galax's rush defense up front/on the ball might be as good as Union's, but Union's back 7 is better and Union's OL is better including the running back for Union.  The QB for Galax is really good.  No offense to Graham's QB, Union's QB, and even my own QB at Radford, but I think the kid at Galax is equally as good as all three.  Galax is a tough bunch, but I would have a hard time picking against the G-Men.  As good as Glenvar and Radford are on the line of scrimmage, Graham is a whole other beat on the line of scrimmage.  Just like Union pushed Graham off the ball on O, Graham also did the same thing to Union with their OL shoving Union's DL back a time or two.  I favor Graham here, but no quit in the Maroon Tide.  Those guys come in and think they are winning every game they play.  Tough outfit.

13 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

I really think so too. For one Graham coming off a win against Union could very easily overlook Galax. And secondly Galax is another team that is strong and will run it down our throat if we don't figure something out on physicality.

They won't overlook galax

37-21 GMen in nothing close to a blowout, but not close to a close game either, but a respectable win where Galax makes it far closer than many think.  Galx will have a hard time covering Graham's receivers.  They've seen nothing so far to Graham's speed at WR (including Radford and Glenvar) and it's not just Bradshaw, they have multiple speed guys going out for passes spreading the field (ask Union).  Galax will play surprisingly well against Graham's run, but Graham will hit some homeruns in the passing game.  

6 hours ago, vtdavis4321 said:

37-21 GMen in nothing close to a blowout, but not close to a close game either, but a respectable win where Galax makes it far closer than many think.  Galx will have a hard time covering Graham's receivers.  They've seen nothing so far to Graham's speed at WR (including Radford and Glenvar) and it's not just Bradshaw, they have multiple speed guys going out for passes spreading the field (ask Union).  Galax will play surprisingly well against Graham's run, but Graham will hit some homeruns in the passing game.  

I think you are spot on here. 

It will be an interesting matchup.  The last couple of years that Graham spent in the Mountain Empire District was Tony's first couple of years as head coach.  I think Tony is 2-0 as a head coach against Galax.  I don't think Graham had beaten Galax before that as a member of the MED.  I do believe Graham wins this one, but Galax is a hard nosed team that runs the ball well.  Graham had trouble defending the run against Union.  Graham has good linebackers, but they played too close to the line of scrimmage, got caught up in traffic and over-pursued a lot.  There were a lot of broken tackles as well.  If that stuff hasn't been cleaned up somewhat, this game will be much closer than expected.

16 hours ago, CPF said:

If Dixon was still there maybe. But he's not. Graham big.....

It wouldn't matter. Galax had those wins over Graham when Graham had what might be it's lowest 10 year stretch in its history while Galax was likely having its best stretch in school history. Does it matter? Not really. Those wins by Galax still count, but Graham since about 2016ish is back to being the Graham of usual and even with Dixon, 8 out of 10 years, Graham's gonna win. Galax dodged 3 losses to Graham from 2018, 19, and spring of 21.

I saw Radford/GC. Bobcats' line was weak. If Galax's strength is their line this year, and they barely beat Radford, I don't see Graham having any issues with this game. Galax has been a very strong/solid program for over a decade now, but Dixon is gone now, and I think we're still a year a way to seeing what the Tide is going to be under Allen.

Graham 42
Galax 17