Graham @ Galax

Real Sasquatch

On 9/19/2021 at 8:16 AM, vtdavis4321 said:

Galax will play surprisingly well against Graham's run, but Graham will hit some homeruns in the passing game.  

As Graham gets more games under their belt, I think the passing game gets stronger. Blevins has an arm & I think his accuracy keeps improving with each outing. He’s got more than one receiver to look to, Watkins had a good showing against Union. 

1 hour ago, vtdavis4321 said:

It wouldn't matter. Galax had those wins over Graham when Graham had what might be it's lowest 10 year stretch in its history while Galax was likely having its best stretch in school history. Does it matter? Not really. Those wins by Galax still count, but Graham since about 2016ish is back to being the Graham of usual and even with Dixon, 8 out of 10 years, Graham's gonna win. Galax dodged 3 losses to Graham from 2018, 19, and spring of 21.

Does it matter? Not really lol...it don't matter at all...not Galax fault graham was down at the time

2 hours ago, vtdavis4321 said:

It wouldn't matter. Galax had those wins over Graham when Graham had what might be it's lowest 10 year stretch in its history while Galax was likely having its best stretch in school history. Does it matter? Not really. Those wins by Galax still count, but Graham since about 2016ish is back to being the Graham of usual and even with Dixon, 8 out of 10 years, Graham's gonna win. Galax dodged 3 losses to Graham from 2018, 19, and spring of 21.

1 hour ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Does it matter? Not really lol...it don't matter at all...not Galax fault graham was down at the time

You are Correct Hokiebird7. - 

VTdavis - id says those games mattered especially since the VHSL all time single game rushing record of 503 yards  by Steven Peoples against Graham happened in one of those games.

You guys are missing my point. I am writing the following or at least this is what I am meaning...........because Graham was down does not devalue the wins Galax had. My point is... Galax beat Graham straight up and it didn't matter, can't be used as an excuse that Graham was down. I didn't word it well, but I think you Topper a d Hokiebird are agreeing with me.

1 hour ago, CPF said:

If graham/gw game is off next Friday there is a solution. Bluefield is off on 10/1, GW off 10/8. Just flip flop weeks with beaver and gw games and everyone gets their games. It also lets Beaver and Pikeview play on 10/8 as originally scheduled  instead of 10/11.

Didn't Bluefield add Lord Botetourt for 10-1?

12 hours ago, swva_fan said:

Didn't Bluefield add Lord Botetourt for 10-1?

According to Max Preps, yes.  But consider the source.   It also says kickoff is at 7 a.m.  Accotsing to the Blue-Ridge district site, they had scheduled Bluefield for October 1st, but that too has been cancelled. (Perhaps Mercer Co  is extending their remote learning).

49 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

According to Max Preps, yes.  But consider the source.   It also says kickoff is at 7 a.m.  Accotsing to the Blue-Ridge district site, they had scheduled Bluefield for October 1st, but that too has been cancelled. (Perhaps Mercer Co  is extending their remote learning).

Saw this on Twitter!

Screenshot_20210922-125823_Twitter.jpg

2 hours ago, starcityfootballfan said:

Saw this on Twitter!

Screenshot_20210922-125823_Twitter.jpg

Thats from 5 days ago.  Game with Bluefield has been cancelled also according to district website.  I hope the district site is wrong, but I doubt it.  Athletic directors put those games in. 

30 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I hope the GW game happens then.

Same, but if not, they need to go ahead and make the call so Graham can schedule another opponent.  Looking at the district site, GW is resuming sports on the 29th, if that falls through, I'm not sure LB can play, since they cancelled with Bluefield, not sure what their deal is.  Hoping Bluefield finds an October 1st opponent also.