Graham @ Galax

Real Sasquatch

Graham 7 0 21 0—28

Galax 0 0 0 0—0

Scoring Summary

Gr – Clements 84 run (Morgan kick)

Gr – Z. Blevins 1 run (Morgan kick)

Gr – Z. Blevins recovered blocked punt in end zone (Morgan kick)

Gr – Watkins 16 pass from Z. Blevins (Morgan kick)

Team Stats

First Downs: Gr 11, Ga 11; Rushes-Yards: Gr 30-230, Ga 35-165; Passing Yards: Gr 33, Ga 25; Comp-Att-Int.: Gr 4-10-0, Ga 6-14-1; Fumbles-Lost: Gr 0-0, Ga 0-0; Penalties-Yards: Gr 7-45, Ga 3-15; Punts-Average: Gr 2-35.5, Ga 4-24

So can someone summarize this game for me? I was at a concert last night and haven’t read through the Score update thread. Looking at the halftime score is surprising. Looks like Galax gave Graham all they wanted. Graham seemed to have some success in the 3rd off of special teams with a few other scores but looking at those stats I feel like this game was a lot closer than the scoreboard showed

On 9/25/2021 at 1:04 PM, Single A west said:

I was told galax down 6 players. Don’t know if they were starters or not. I wasn’t there.

I think it was a total of 7 with 5 of being starters and another one playing a ton. So of the 7 out, 6 of then play alot. Even if they all played I still think the outcome would be the same but the passing game would have been better with them.

31 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Was Bradshaw playing hurt or something.  He definitely wasn't targeted much.

According to stats he wall held to negative 1 yard offensive production 

21 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

So can someone summarize this game for me? I was at a concert last night and haven’t read through the Score update thread. Looking at the halftime score is surprising. Looks like Galax gave Graham all they wanted. Graham seemed to have some success in the 3rd off of special teams with a few other scores but looking at those stats I feel like this game was a lot closer than the scoreboard showed

Galax way smaller line held up great  in my opinion and opening drive drove 70 plus yards but With Galax whole starting receiving Corps out they was forced to run all night and Graham had 10 men within 5yards of line of scrimmage all night. 

Grahams eventual talent and size wore down in a depleted Galax. But I still think the outcome would of been the same but I felt Galax would of been able to score some points if they had everyone and could of backed Graham off the ball. 

My biggest surprise was the lack of Grahams success passing. 

1 minute ago, Topper22 said:

According to stats he wall held to negative 1 yard offensive production 

Galax way smaller line held up great  in my opinion and opening drive drove 70 plus yards but With Galax whole starting receiving Corps out they was forced to run all night and Graham had 10 men within 5yards of line of scrimmage all night. 

Grahams eventual talent and size wore down in a depleted Galax. But I still think the outcome would of been the same but I felt Galax would of been able to score some points if they had everyone and could of backed Graham off the ball. 

My biggest surprise was the lack of Grahams success passing. 

They used him as a decoy last year for a game when he was hurt is why I asked 

Just now, Real Sasquatch said:

They used him as a decoy last year for a game when he was hurt is why I asked 

Yeah I think they threw a couple of wide receiver screens and  end around run but didn't try him down field any I don't think. 

Just now, Optimal62 said:

I thought the RB for Graham was impressive. He was very shifty and fast.  

I agree.  They relied on him more in this game.  He is coming along nicely and the good news for Graham is he he just a sophomore.  The linebacker play was much better for Graham in this game.  Hughes had a great game, as the LBs didnt over pursue as much and played more assignment football, which was a positive for them.  I'm always impressed with how hard Galax plays and how well they execute.

On 9/25/2021 at 1:44 PM, MT FAN 91 said:

I think it was a total of 7 with 5 of being starters and another one playing a ton. So of the 7 out 6 of then play alot. Even if they all played I still think the outcome would be the same but the passing game would have been better with them.

why were they out?

41 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Quarantine

so they were not around any other football players? dont get me wrong, they way this BS called covid is being handled is crap. GW had 1 player test positive after being at a dance outside mind you and they shut the whole thing down. there is no uniformity to this at all. i think you guys did the right thing and GW did the wrong thing. 

1 minute ago, Jollay, living rent free said:

so they were not around any other football players? dont get me wrong, they way this BS called covid is being handled is crap. GW had 1 player test positive after being at a dance outside mind you and they shut the whole thing down. there is no uniformity to this at all. i think you guys did the right thing and GW did the wrong thing. 

All of us suffer such conditions of the acute nature, yet some such as myself of the chronic nature.  Best practice rests in keeping it quiet.

"Naugs"

28 minutes ago, Jollay, living rent free said:

No because the one that was positive is injured and had not been practicing and was just around the others that got quarantined at school. 

1 hour ago, MT FAN 91 said:

No because the one that was positive is injured and had not been practicing and was just around the others that got quarantined at school. 

i applaud galax playing with that many missing!!! you guys are gamers thats for sure!!

16 minutes ago, Jollay, living rent free said:

i applaud galax playing with that many missing!!! you guys are gamers thats for sure!!

Kids only get so many games to play in high school & then for most that's over. If a game can be played, it should be.  A lot of teams have played games with little practice due to being in Covid protocol but managed to go ahead and play. Adults owe it to kids to let them play if at all possible. That's just my opinion. I commend Galax for sure with that many  out to play. 

2 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Kids only get so many games to play in high school & then for most that's over. If a game can be played, it should be.  A lot of teams have played games with little practice due to being in Covid protocol but managed to go ahead and play. Adults owe it to kids to let them play if at all possible. That's just my opinion. I commend Galax for sure with that many  out to play. 

100% agree 

2 minutes ago, Jollay, living rent free said:

rumor is the health dept cleared us to play this saturday but powers that be down here at the school said no!! so frustrating!!!!

That’s sad, I’m sure Graham could play Saturday as long as Bluefield College didn’t have a home game. It could still be done though just at a later time. That’s such a crock of it if GW can play & chooses not to.