Red Rabbit

This game will be a running clock in the 2nd quarter.  Tazewell will have played a "good game" if they avoid a running clock before the first half.  I would love to see the Dogs somehow, someway pull it off, but Riverheads strength is its line play and Tazewell's weakness or inexperience this year is its inexperienced line play.  So, it's a bad matchup for Tazewell.  

There absolutely is a Possibility of a running clock in the first half.  It's Not automatic til 2nd half in Virginia, but Virginia is one of the states having the agreed on Mercy rule at any point in the game (both coaches have to agree if it's done before the half).  When the score is a 50 point margin with about 5 minutes left in the second quarter, Tazewell's coach will agree to roll the clock.  

12 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

If I remember correctly in 2014 Giles was beating East Mont like 41-0 late in the first quarter or early in the second and they agreed to start the running clock then. The score was 21-0 within the first minute and a half..

Yep, it happens.  Graham I think also had one against Lebanon and maybe even Fort Chiswell a while back.  Interesting the Appo fans didn't know it was possible, because in 2 in out of three season from I think 2014-2016, Appo and Chatham agreed to a running clock before the half.  

1 hour ago, vtdavis4321 said:

Yep, it happens.  Graham I think also had one against Lebanon and maybe even Fort Chiswell a while back.  Interesting the Appo fans didn't know it was possible, because in 2 in out of three season from I think 2014-2016, Appo and Chatham agreed to a running clock before the half.  

I’m sure Appo did in 2016. Hell they got a running clock in 11 of there 15 games that season. They could’ve won state in 1A-4A that year 

4 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

I’m sure Appo did in 2016. Hell they got a running clock in 11 of there 15 games that season. They could’ve won state in 1A-4A that year 

Hopefully sometime soon Appo and Riverheads can play. 

2 hours ago, vtdavis4321 said:

I think it also happened in the Graham /Virginia High game a couple years ago.

37 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

We were super fast with good size and speed in spots where teams usually don’t have speed. 

Riverheads doesn't have much weakness from what I've watched but the way to move the ball on them and score is the pass.  That plays into our offensive scheme perfectly.  However with that said Riverheads doesn't make mistakes and if they play the way they normally play, it will never be close.  I do think the Dogs get to put up some points with their air raid style offense.

On 9/18/2021 at 9:29 PM, Mountain Football said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Tazewell's line made up of Jrs and Seniors? 

Yes they are they actually have three seniors and one junior who have a ton of experience I think at least two of which have had quarantines at some point though 

The little secret here is that Tazewell’s defense is better than you’d think at first glance.  They’ve held both Graham and Virginia High in the 30s, and they simply wore down Mount View as the game went along.  Riverheads is an entirely different animal, though.  I don’t think Riverheads hits the 60s like many around here think.  

Tazewell’s offensive gameplan is perhaps the lone weakness for Riverheads.  They have had a little trouble at defending the pass.  I think Tazewell will move the ball a little and put up a few points.  But Riverheads is arguably the best team west of U.S. 29 (and yes, that includes Salem).  There will be no tougher test.