Red Rabbit

9 hours ago, Red Rabbit said:

Riverheads 56 - 13  If what I am reading is the gospel !  Know nothing about Tazewell , only last year to go on.  Not sure if I am willing to fight the Tech traffic for this one.  

Come early and enjoy the Burke's Garden Festival.  Bad timing for me with the Sat game but as much as I hate to say it at least missing this one isn't as bad as some other teams we play.  Understand why it is on Sat but it still sucks having to miss a game.

Riverheads is a great team, but the Dogs Head Coach has installed a lot of pride in that program that was once a great one and prideful.  Even though the Dogs lost a lot from last year, the Dogs have pride, heart, and will not quit.  I don't think this game is a 40 point plus game in the first half.  I wouldn't be surprised if the Dogs put up a bigtime fight and keep this score far closer than we think.

RH by 50+ if they don't pull the starters by halftime they'll pass 60 without much trouble. This is a different beast this time around imo. The D is nasty when it's clicking and the O is currently being ran to virtual perfection. Not trying to knock Tazwell but there is only 1 team in 1A and 2A that could possibly beat them. That's appo then I see 1 that might beat them in a really really high scoring shoot out. That's Graham, Union would give them a game no doubt but I've seen them make mistakes when I counts. RH hasn't to this point right now I think they would win 1A or 2A titles without much trouble at all. They are 50+ better than any 1A team currently and 21+ better than all 2A teams except for Appo, Graham and maybe Union. I'd love to see them try and contain Bradshaw from Graham.

1 hour ago, 02GW12 said:

RH by 50+ if they don't pull the starters by halftime they'll pass 60 without much trouble. This is a different beast this time around imo. The D is nasty when it's clicking and the O is currently being ran to virtual perfection. Not trying to knock Tazwell but there is only 1 team in 1A and 2A that could possibly beat them. That's appo then I see 1 that might beat them in a really really high scoring shoot out. That's Graham, Union would give them a game no doubt but I've seen them make mistakes when I counts. RH hasn't to this point right now I think they would win 1A or 2A titles without much trouble at all. They are 50+ better than any 1A team currently and 21+ better than all 2A teams except for Appo, Graham and maybe Union. I'd love to see them try and contain Bradshaw from Graham.

WOW  !   That's too much credit to the Red Team .  They are far from that right now but by playoff time they could be pretty good . They need to stay healthy . A lot can happen in a season . I know most coaches run what fits their kids but why don't other teams run the same thing ? SD runs a lot of the same stuff and they are tuff .

41 minutes ago, Red Rabbit said:

WOW  !   That's too much credit to the Red Team .  They are far from that right now but by playoff time they could be pretty good . They need to stay healthy . A lot can happen in a season . I know most coaches run what fits their kids but why don't other teams run the same thing ? SD runs a lot of the same stuff and they are tuff .

The Bulldogs are very young and play several freshmen and sophomores.  It could be a long day for them.  They will play hard and play until the end, however.  

No disrespect to Riverheads, but I would take an Appo (at full strength) and a Graham over them if they played because of the speed factor. This also doesn't mean Union on a good day can't beat Graham or possibly Appo because with their line play, they maybe can. Union almost did against Graham, but from a matchup perspective, Graham would be a worse matchup for Riverheads. Tazewell, I know many of you may not believe this, probably has MORE speed than any team Riverheads will play in the regular season. Certainly, the Dogs are Far from their toughest opponent, but it's a matchup that could allow the Dogs to keep the score more respectable than many might think.

On 9/22/2021 at 6:48 PM, 02GW12 said:

Draft led at half and lost by 18. Riverheads isn't unbeatable

13 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Draft led at half and lost by 18. Riverheads isn't unbeatable

Not saying they are overall but in 1A they are. And I'd say pretty close to it in 2A Graham, Appo and maybe Union if they caught them on an off night. And I don't mean that as any disrespect to union I just think this is a completely different beast this time. 

16 minutes ago, 02GW12 said:

Not saying they are overall but in 1A they are. And I'd say pretty close to it in 2A Graham, Appo and maybe Union if they caught them on an off night. And I don't mean that as any disrespect to union I just think this is a completely different beast this time. 

Draft is 2A and played right with them until very late. 

On 9/22/2021 at 8:50 PM, Red Rabbit said:

It's alot I agree no doubt but man they look to be the complete package. People are down on the D but shouldn't be imo. They get better each week which should worry alot of teams. And yes anything can happen on Friday night and especially this season with covid lurking around. But imo by playoffs not a single 1A team will be any type of competition for them. I hope I'm wrong I really do I just don't see it.

2 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Draft is 2A and played right with them until very late. 

They did I can't say otherwise but the red machine did what it does and finished. Plus at the time they were the #1 2A team in alot of places for me that says alot. I'd pay almost any amount to see RH vs Appo or Graham just to see if they are as good as I think they are. 

43 minutes ago, 02GW12 said:

They did I can't say otherwise but the red machine did what it does and finished. Plus at the time they were the #1 2A team in alot of places for me that says alot. I'd pay almost any amount to see RH vs Appo or Graham just to see if they are as good as I think they are. 

Draft def top five, but I think any of the top five in 2A could beat Riverheads on a given day. No one in 1A is within 28+. 

Maybe by the end of the season they could be as good as people think . At this point they are very beatable . The Dogs will give them a better game than you think. Not to say the Dogs win but it is possible . The best way to beat them is score one more point than they do . ha ha .  That might be a problem ?

1 hour ago, 02GW12 said:

When they both win state maybe they can play the next day

1 hour ago, BigWinners said:

Draft def top five, but I think any of the top five in 2A could beat Riverheads on a given day. No one in 1A is within 28+. 

That's a fair take can't really argue with it. I'd love to see RH playing A+ and any of the 3 I've mentioned playing A+ go at it.

11 hours ago, BigWinners said:

I'm not saying Union beats them at all, I'm just saying I doubt Riverheads beats them by 30. Same.for.Graham, Appo, Draft, KW,.etc

Union is something else this year.  I think Union would give Riverheads a run for their money.  Same for Graham and Same for Appo.  I guess I'm a Region C homer, but I think Appo would beat Riverheads if they lined up head to head and Appo was a full strength.  It's my understanding Appo is much closer to full strength than 3 weeks or so ago.  That Costo truly is some kind of a coach and there's no question about, but if they play Appomattox, the coaching advantage Riverheads has which happens in almost all of their matchups is immediately neutralized as Smith is right there with Costo.  Then, it comes down to skill and talent and depth.