Chilhowie at Northwood

Hokie Bound

Does Northwood have a chance in this rivalry?  Chilhowie will be without its best player Jonathan Gilley which in turn will be a huge advantage for Northwood. The Warriors will be expected to win the Smyth County rivalry but anything can happen in these type games. I do see the Panthers making the final outcome close with a chance of pulling off the upset.

This inst the worst Northwood team they have ever fielded but depth is a major issue.. Chilhowie continues to win game after they graduate studs from the year before. Not having Gilley will not hurt them in this one.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2021 at 9:10 AM, Hokie Bound said:

Does Northwood have a chance in this rivalry?  Chilhowie will be without its best player Jonathan Gilley which in turn will be a huge advantage for Northwood. The Warriors will be expected to win the Smyth County rivalry but anything can happen in these type games. I do see the Panthers making the final outcome close with a chance of pulling off the upset.

Ok. Does anyone know if this game has been rescheduled? I haven't seen where Northwood has played in awhile as Covid hit the Panthers as well as many other teams in the area. It will certainly be nice when that crud is gone for good and life can be normal again or as normal as possible. Chilhowie has been fortunate to get games made up which is a good thing for the kids. Most of you are probably right as it would take a miraculous effort from the Panthers to spring the upset. Not saying it can't happen but being realistic I get where you are coming from. At last count Northwood had maybe 15-18 players on a good day. Northwood has been down for some time so hopefully things will get better sooner than later as a win here would be what the doctor ordered for the boys across the mountain.