PowerPoint Standings Class 1/2 Reg C/D 9-21-2021

Union_Fan

4 minutes ago, BoBob said:

I can't see how you guy can do that BUT I know that you have down it a bunch and didn't get called, so I'm not sure why they called it that day. 

As long as they're not "set" they can stand back up or move along the line of scrimmage, but NOT toward the opponent. You see this a lot with one lineman, where they'll stand up, talk to the QB or point to defensive players for blocking assignments. What gets other teams to jump is ALL the lineman standing at once.

NFHS motion - A shift is the action of one or more offensive players who, after a huddle
or after taking set positions, move to a new set position before the
ensuing snap.

NFHS illegal motion - After a huddle or shift all 11 players of A shall come to an absolute stop and shall remain stationary simultaneously without movement of hands, feet, head or body for at least one second before the snap.

OR

Only one  player may be in motion at the snap and then only if such motion is not toward his opponent’s goal line. Except for the player “under the snapper,” as outlined in Article 3, the player in motion shall be at least 5 yards behind his line of scrimmage at the snap if he started from any position not clearly behind the line and did not establish himself as a back by stopping for at least one full second while no part of his body is breaking the vertical plane through the waistline of his nearest teammate who is on the line of scrimmage.

Oh well, we'll just have to get you guys this year...after beating Graham in the Reg D Championship. 😁

Guess I just was figuring if a lineman moves (or the whole line) with the obvious intention of drawing a player off sides then that was illegal. 
I guess, what’s the difference between a “flinch” and that shift. 

Maybe we will see you again. (Over here I hope😉)

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

That happened in 2017. Union's little "punt play", where they stand up and get back down on punt formations, has been done by them MANY times since 2011. Appo jumped offsides when they did it that game, and Union got flagged for illegal motion. The ONLY time ever after dozens of times doing it. Bear fans still feel raw over that! haha

Then it led to the bad punt out of end zone, which let Appo score before the half and that was the difference. Appo had two TD drives of more than 20 yards rest came off special teams. Those two teams were so evenly matched, if they played five more mins Union wins. I do think Union was better, but I'm bias.

1 hour ago, BoBob said:

Not sure how you can say the refs didn't "allow" Graham to take momentum when your third play from scrimmage they allowed a 62 yard pass play to stand.  Not saying it shouldn't have stood just saying it wasn't flagged.  Then in the 2nd quarter that long play to Bradshaw stood.

The game was changed by the holding calls on first down and 2nd down for Graham that killed their drives.  It's a simply, easy, subtle, difficult to disprove, and very quick, non-emotionally, fans think very little of this CALL that can change a game for a team and I'm talking about a hold on first down that is a 50-50 call that went 100% towards Appo and Graham didn't get that 50%, and that simple hold is DEVASTATING for an offense, especially in High School with you have fewer possessions because the game is not as long.  A first and 20 is gigantic and it happened time after time with Graham, and if not a first down holding call, a second down holding call, for example, 2nd and 3 for Graham with a 7 yard gain on first down, then a 7 yard gain on second down only to be called a hold and boom, you now have 2nd and 13.  That's huge.  It's absolutely a HUGE factor favoring the defense.  That happened time, after time, after time and they just wouldn't let Graham have the momentum.  Graham impressed me to score as much as they did.  They actually overcame a bunch of the penalties and just several times, it didn't matter, 2nd and 19 and boom 20 yd gain.  These teams, if you know ANYTHING about football were not close to 15 points in separation in level of play.  And for the folks who said Draft played Appo tougher, then you are either blind or ignorant.  Appo completely dominated the game with Draft and Draft was never a threat and didn't have the athletes to match up and Draft actually played well and Appo not so great.  Graham played poorly and Appo played well and Graham was a threat even in the fourth quarter........until they tried to get momentum.

All the credit in the credit in the world to Appo as you guys have a great program, great fans, great coach and good kids.  I want to see Appo go West and play on the road, outside of Region C, against a team that is equally athletic, and that's Graham.  Not saying Appo doesn't win, but you can absolutely forget the 44-7 type score at Mitchell Stadium   Not going to happen.  They have just as many weapons, and if it happens, there will not be as many drives that start out 1st and 20 or 2nd and 15.

3 hours ago, vtdavis4321 said:

The game was changed by the holding calls on first down and 2nd down for Graham that killed their drives.  It's a simply, easy, subtle, difficult to disprove, and very quick, non-emotionally, fans think very little of this CALL that can change a game for a team and I'm talking about a hold on first down that is a 50-50 call that went 100% towards Appo and Graham didn't get that 50%, and that simple hold is DEVASTATING for an offense, especially in High School with you have fewer possessions because the game is not as long.  A first and 20 is gigantic and it happened time after time with Graham, and if not a first down holding call, a second down holding call, for example, 2nd and 3 for Graham with a 7 yard gain on first down, then a 7 yard gain on second down only to be called a hold and boom, you now have 2nd and 13.  That's huge.  It's absolutely a HUGE factor favoring the defense.  That happened time, after time, after time and they just wouldn't let Graham have the momentum.  Graham impressed me to score as much as they did.  They actually overcame a bunch of the penalties and just several times, it didn't matter, 2nd and 19 and boom 20 yd gain.  These teams, if you know ANYTHING about football were not close to 15 points in separation in level of play.  And for the folks who said Draft played Appo tougher, then you are either blind or ignorant.  Appo completely dominated the game with Draft and Draft was never a threat and didn't have the athletes to match up and Draft actually played well and Appo not so great.  Graham played poorly and Appo played well and Graham was a threat even in the fourth quarter........until they tried to get momentum.

All the credit in the credit in the world to Appo as you guys have a great program, great fans, great coach and good kids.  I want to see Appo go West and play on the road, outside of Region C, against a team that is equally athletic, and that's Graham.  Not saying Appo doesn't win, but you can absolutely forget the 44-7 type score at Mitchell Stadium   Not going to happen.  They have just as many weapons, and if it happens, there will not be as many drives that start out 1st and 20 or 2nd and 15.

We’ve been West twice to play in the Semi Final against the team that WON Region D.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on the 2019 game. You guys were no doubt loaded.

You’ve got a great program that contents year in and year out.