Where to go?

Ryan4VT

2 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Since Richlands has no game tonight, where do I go? 
Someone convince me! 

Graham vs Galax…it is quite a haul though from your  place but should be a decent game. Are there even any good restaurants in Galax? You could always swing by the Dutch Pantry in Rural Retreat on the way. It has excellent eats! 

1 minute ago, Gridiron60 said:

Graham vs Galax…it is quite a haul though from your  place but should be a decent game. Are there even any good restaurants in Galax? You could always swing by the Dutch Pantry in Rural Retreat on the way. It has excellent eats! 

That’s wayyyy too far for me to go watch 2 teams that I don’t root for 😂😂

10 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Just wait until tomorrow and come to the Burkes Garden festival in the morning and top it off with the Dogs sacrifice to the Gladiators

Can’t miss the VT game lol. But y’all have all my T’s & P’s lol 

22 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I think its called the Galax Smokehouse was a nice meal after a game there one time.  Brisket you could cut with a plastic fork and that banana pudding was delicious.

17 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Tennessee High/Abingdon. Already in your neck of the woods, and, after looking at the schedule, the only game that's likely to be competitive AND not far away.

I don’t think it’ll be all that competitive lol. I’d say Abingdon wins by a few scores. 

Honestly, I’m considering going to Castlewood @ Rye Cove or Eastside @ Holston lol. 

Wife went to school at Holston and we’ve only been to 1 Holston game in the last 6 years. But I've also never been to Rye Cove and that intrigues me just because it’s a new stadium I've never been to. 

8 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

I don’t think it’ll be all that competitive lol. I’d say Abingdon wins by a few scores. 

Honestly, I’m considering going to Castlewood @ Rye Cove or Eastside @ Holston lol. 

Wife went to school at Holston and we’ve only been to 1 Holston game in the last 6 years. But I've also never been to Rye Cove and that intrigues me just because it’s a new stadium I've never been to. 

Those might competitive. If you go to Rye Cove, you'll have to stop at HobNob just outside of GC for a hot fudge cake or sundae. Great milkshakes too!

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

Go for the Galax Smokehouse there.  Have to make a trip there every once in a while.

55 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

Those are my plans. I just hope I can make it out of Burke's Garden in time for the game.

Plan to be over there right at 9 when it starts and should be ok.  Unfortunanlty I'll be there all day selling our apple butter and wonderful other baked goods.  If you come over to the greenhouse with all the mums, swing by our tent and say hi

1 hour ago, Ryan4VT said:

Two words: Eagles Nest. Thank me later.

But be prepared for zero cell signal for most of the way after turning off four lane until you get to RCHS, and even there is spotty. And don't miss your turn lol, once you go T thru Clinchport there's a left turn to RC, if you aren't prepared you'll miss it. 

Well unfortunately the wife got sick at work and was tested for Covid but won’t know results for a day or two. So I guess I’m sitting in tonight. Man! I was excited for the trip to Rye Cove, too lol. 

4 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

You are in trouble since only team you root for is richlands and they don't play.

Or do you root for others

I don’t pull for other teams. But I love watching football, especially at new stadiums. But Galax was just a little farther than I wanted to go unless Richlands was playing there lol

Just now, Ryan4VT said:

Well unfortunately the wife got sick at work and was tested for Covid but won’t know results for a day or two. So I guess I’m sitting in tonight. Man! I was excited for the trip to Rye Cove, too lol. 

Fix yourself a big bowl of popcorn & put it on NFHS. If one game sucks, you can switch to another one, lol. Hope wife is negative & feels better. Didn’t y’all already have Covid?