Week 5 updates

swva_fan

Union could have scored 100 had they wanted.  How in the world did this GC team play with Radford? Doesn't speak well for the Bobcats. It could have literally been 100-6 if Travis wanted. GC couldn't move ball at all and Union just kept getting huge plays. 

8 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Union could have scored 100 had they wanted.  How in the world did this GC team play with Radford? Doesn't speak well for the Bobcats. It could have literally been 100-6 if Travis wanted. GC couldn't move ball at all and Union just kept getting huge plays. 

Well, Radford did lose 63-0 against Christiansburg tonight. 

7 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Guess you didn't read any of my posts about GC/Radford game, or Radford in general. They're not very good.

38 minutes ago, sixcat said:

This is strictly my opinion so take it for what it’s worth. Radford, like Blacksburg, made a regrettable decision in hiring a new coach. Like Blacksburg, Radford will continue to see an erosion of the program. 

You can literally look at the difference in VHS and see that Christ has an Adam Gase-like effect on the teams he coaches… 

56 minutes ago, sixcat said:

This is strictly my opinion so take it for what it’s worth. Radford, like Blacksburg, made a regrettable decision in hiring a new coach. Like Blacksburg, Radford will continue to see an erosion of the program. 

Six, I would love to be able to disagree with you on that, but I'm worried you may be spot on. There are already some rumblings over here. I think we have way to much talent to be losing 63-0 to CBurg. The biggest difference in CBurgs 63-0 beating was more coaching compared to talent. CBurg has a great team, but they aren't 63 points better in talent difference. This makes me worried about Coaching. 

Radford on the line is small and raw. We lost a lot up front and it shows. Our athletes in space are good, but our interior line is taking its licks. I hope next year is different, but I don't know.  Beat wishes to the Maroon Tide from here on out.

9 minutes ago, Fairlawncat said:

Six, I would love to be able to disagree with you on that, but I'm worried you may be spot on. There are already some rumblings over here. I think we have way to much talent to be losing 63-0 to CBurg. The biggest difference in CBurgs 63-0 beating was more coaching compared to talent. CBurg has a great team, but they aren't 63 points better in talent difference. This makes me worried about Coaching. 

Radford on the line is small and raw. We lost a lot up front and it shows. Our athletes in space are good, but our interior line is taking its licks. I hope next year is different, but I don't know.  Beat wishes to the Maroon Tide from here on out.

Small lines can compete if they are well coached and put the work in the weight room. Galax and Giles have traditionally proven that. But I agree completely. Christiansburg is very good, but they aren’t 63 points better than Radford. Preparation was a big difference in this game. 

2 hours ago, FoxTrot said:

I tried to tell you about Crist.  There is no accountability or discipline in his coaching methods.  He makes it about 1 or 2 players, and doesn’t teach “TEAM”.  I watched for 8 years.  Players couldn’t stand him.  He doesn’t specialize in offense or defense, and shows no emotion at all while coaching.  

I think you were right Foxtrot.  I hope there's a chance you still might be wrong somehow.  The only thing I'm holding on to is that our line is very small and young and inexperienced, and that Virginia High has a bunch of seniors that is playing lights out.  <------------Aside from all of that, I kind of worry and know deep down this isn't the reason.   We have been very undisciplined and we seem to have no emotion, very little cohesiveness and exactly what you said, no accountability.  I worry that Radford is about to fall on some serious tough times in football.  Best wishes to the Bearcats.  You guys have one heck of a team down there and talking about a turnaround  Man, that's a turnaround.

1 hour ago, Fairlawncat said:

I think you were right Foxtrot.  I hope there's a chance you still might be wrong somehow.  The only thing I'm holding on to is that our line is very small and young and inexperienced, and that Virginia High has a bunch of seniors that is playing lights out.  <------------Aside from all of that, I kind of worry and know deep down this isn't the reason.   We have been very undisciplined and we seem to have no emotion, very little cohesiveness and exactly what you said, no accountability.  I worry that Radford is about to fall on some serious tough times in football.  Best wishes to the Bearcats.  You guys have one heck of a team down there and talking about a turnaround  Man, that's a turnaround.

The talent was there at V High last season as well.  

Riverheada up 35-0 on Tazewell.  2 mi utes til half.  Tazewell has moved the ball well and has been in the red zone.  Had one drive just inches from the goal.  But Riverheads is just too strong up front.  Not sure why Riverheads chose to do an onside kick up 35-0, but they recovered, so...

1 minute ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Riverheada up 35-0 on Tazewell.  2 mi utes til half.  Tazewell has moved the ball well and has been in the red zone.  Had one drive just inches from the goal.  But Riverheads is just too strong up front.  Not sure why Riverheads chose to do an onside kick up 35-0, but they recovered, so...

I agree Tazewell is moving ball. Creasy doing pretty well considering he’s a freshman. Tazewell has determination & fight.  Riverheads doing an onside kick up 35-0 is “classy”. 🙄. No wonder so many people aren’t fans. 

22 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Riverheads up 42-0 at half.  Game in hand.  Running clock 2nd half.  Subs should play a lot.  But after that onside kick, I doubt it.

This will show class in 2nd half if they sub out if they dont then there is your sign.

21 minutes ago, oldfool said:

This will show class in 2nd half if they sub out if they dont then there is your sign.

They did start substituting late 3rd quarter, up 49-0.  So, that's good.  Still question that onside kick, but it is Tazewell's job to stop them.  They have about 70 players, plenty of guys that can see playing time.