Week 5 updates

swva_fan

26 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I think Graham would give them a good run this year.  But Riverheads would be the favorite.  I think Union would match up well with them and have the best chance to actually beat them.  I think I would favor Union slightly over Riverheads. Of course, that's just my opinion, I'm sure most would disagree.

Riverheads would maul them up front.  Riverheads would win by 20+ on Graham’s best day.

1 minute ago, UVAObserver said:

Riverheads would maul them up front.  Riverheads would win by 20+ on Graham’s best day.

I disagree.  Riverheads couldn't cover in the secondary and Graham would give them absolute fits.  If LB can score that easy on Riverheads, so could Graham.  Graham would have guys running Wide open on Riverheads and they would score with them.  Riverheads also wouldn't gash Graham up front to the level that they did Tazewell.  Graham's defense is AS good as Drafts and Graham's offense is Much better than Drafts.  No way it's worse than 20.  I would take that bet all day, everyday.

6 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Yes you’ve brought up Stuart’s Draft 37 times who is a big Rivalry for Riverheads and plays them EVERY SINGLE YEAR. You take a team that has never played them and only has a week to prepare is a different story.

That goes both ways there genius. SD knows RH but RH knows SD, so it's a wash. Appo or Graham would only have a week to prepare but the same is true for Riverheads. 

We will never know, unless SD win AA and RH wins state or Appomattox meets SD for state and beats them by 40+ or Union or Graham wins by 40 + but we will still speculate.Riverheads is rolling right now , that is something we cannot argue about

3 minutes ago, IRISH-FAN18 said:

There isn't a team in 1A or 2A that could beat Riverheads right now (Including the almighty Appomattox Co.).

Appo at full strength, would smack em like chump change.  One more thing, Appo would also out coach em.  What many of you all don't realize is that Riverheads plays nobody.  That district is not very good.  It's just not.  There is Draft and Riverheads and that's it.  Those teams up there are not very good, and Riverheads plays its playoff games at the Div 1 level.  Riverheads is good, but there's no indication they beat Appo, Union, or Graham.  They played an LB team that is way down by their standards and an LB team with Covid and injuries.  Riverheads almost lost on their homefield last year to Tazewell.  Tazewell, if they don't shoot themselves in the foot, win that football game up there last year.  

2 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

That goes both ways there genius. SD knows RH but RH knows SD, so it's a wash. Appo or Graham would only have a week to prepare but the same is true for Riverheads. 

I feel like you just get upset anytime someone says that a team might beat Union. I’m not downing Union or Graham at all. A lot of respect for those programs. And hell me and dad drove 3 and a half hours to BSG to blow our horn for Union a few years back. But there is a reason Riverheads has won 41 straight. It’s because they run a style of offense that no scout team can imitate, especially in a weeks time. All im saying is this year Graham nor Union would beat Riverheads. 

2 minutes ago, IRISH-FAN18 said:

There isn't a team in 1A or 2A that could beat Riverheads right now (Including the almighty Appomattox Co.).

Appomattox has all sorts of injury issues and COVID problems. If they were 100%, I think they would win. Appo wouldn't be outcoached, could hold up at LOS and can match if not exceed the level of athleticism of RH. 

3 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

I feel like you just get upset anytime someone says that a team might beat Union. I’m not downing Union or Graham at all. A lot of respect for those programs. And hell me and dad drove 3 and a half hours to BSG to blow our horn for Union a few years back. But there is a reason Riverheads has won 41 straight. It’s because they run a style of offense that no scout team can imitate, especially in a weeks time. All im saying is this year Graham nor Union would beat Riverheads. 

Then you've got me mixed up with someone else. I have no qualms admitting when I think a team is better than Union. If you notice, I've mentioned Appomattox and Graham way more often in this debate than Union. I think Union could win, but it's far from certainty. Appomattox is the team I feel like at full strength would win. 

3 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

They've won 41 because yes, they are very good, but they play nobody.  Swap Riverheads with JI Burton and let them play the similar schedule, or swap Riverheads with Galax year in and year out  That district up there is shi*.  I'm telling you....it's shi*. There are two good programs and that its.   Just last year, a decent Glenvar team lost 38-21 at Riverheads and trailed 28-21 with 5 minutes left at Riverheads.  Glenvar would have been smashed by Graham or Union last year.  

7 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Appomattox has all sorts of injury issues and COVID problems. If they were 100%, I think they would win. Appo wouldn't be outcoached, could hold up at LOS and can match if not exceed the level of athleticism of RH. 

Not anymore.  Appo is now near 100%.  There last 2 scores have proven that.  They are now back to old form and running through people.

1 minute ago, vtdavis4321 said:

They've won 41 because yes, they are very good, but they play nobody.  Swap Riverheads with JI Burton and let them play the similar schedule, or swap Riverheads with Galax year in and year out  That district up there is shi*.  I'm telling you....it's shi*. There are two good programs and that its.   Just last year, a decent Glenvar team lost 38-21 at Riverheads and trailed 28-21 with 5 minutes left at Riverheads.  Glenvar would have been smashed by Graham or Union last year.  

Everyone keeps bringing up last year and year before and 5 years ago. This year, no team in SWVA is beating Riverheads.

4 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Back in Giles was the BEST single wing team PV managed to run scout teams pretty well and I would bet money that Giles would beat the socks off of Riverheads. My point is this , you can read your keys just like ole Phil Robbins coached and Travis Turner was taught by Robbins and his father Tom Turner, Clarke Co beat us because of a defensive cord. that refused Phills help. If you read your keys it’s simple 

4 hours ago, vtdavis4321 said:

Appo at full strength, would smack em like chump change.  One more thing, Appo would also out coach em.  What many of you all don't realize is that Riverheads plays nobody.  That district is not very good.  It's just not.  There is Draft and Riverheads and that's it.  Those teams up there are not very good, and Riverheads plays its playoff games at the Div 1 level.  Riverheads is good, but there's no indication they beat Appo, Union, or Graham.  They played an LB team that is way down by their standards and an LB team with Covid and injuries.  Riverheads almost lost on their homefield last year to Tazewell.  Tazewell, if they don't shoot themselves in the foot, win that football game up there last year.  

Nah. Maybe in the past but not this year. Riverheads & Appo both playing at 100% with no injuries or Covid issues would be a close game. Could go either way but no smack downs. Now Riverheads versus Heritage, Brookville, Liberty Christian, now that would be a different story.

23 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Everyone keeps bringing up last year and year before and 5 years ago. This year, no team in SWVA is beating Riverheads.

And everyone keeps bring up their 41 game win streak. They didn't win all of those this season did they? 

IF Riverheads was in 2D I dont think they win region, they definitely don't make it past the semis. 3-4 games in a row vs strong teams, they've never had to do that.

19 minutes ago, redtiger said:

And everyone keeps bring up their 41 game win streak. They didn't win all of those this season did they? 

IF Riverheads was in 2D I dont think they win region, they definitely don't make it past the semis. 3-4 games in a row vs strong teams, they've never had to do that.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Just kidding but cmon man. They beat Stuart’s Draft every year and Stuart’s Draft almost beat Appomattox in the state finals in the spring. That game was a lot closer than Graham or Union was to Appomattox 

37 minutes ago, redtiger said:

They’d have to play in Class 2 first. VHSL ain’t making them do that!!!

In my opinion, they’d be competitive with anyone in the lower 4 classifications. That doesn’t mean they would win all those games, but nobody is blowing them out, as has been suggested in this thread. 

9 minutes ago, sixcat said:

They’d have to play in Class 2 first. VHSL ain’t making them do that!!!

In my opinion, they’d be competitive with anyone in the lower 4 classifications. That doesn’t mean they would win all those games, but nobody is blowing them out, as has been suggested in this thread. 

That beat down from Giles in 2013 sent them back down to 1A.. and hopefully one day we’re competitive enough again to have something for them lol

59 minutes ago, redtiger said:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886rblvediolgrmgdzym2