Week 5 updates

swva_fan

1 hour ago, vtdavis4321 said:

They've won 41 because yes, they are very good, but they play nobody.  Swap Riverheads with JI Burton and let them play the similar schedule, or swap Riverheads with Galax year in and year out  That district up there is shi*.  I'm telling you....it's shi*. There are two good programs and that its.   Just last year, a decent Glenvar team lost 38-21 at Riverheads and trailed 28-21 with 5 minutes left at Riverheads.  Glenvar would have been smashed by Graham or Union last year.  

Not so sure about Glenvar getting smashed by Union or Graham last season.  A lot of assumption there.

12 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

That beat down from Giles in 2013 sent them back down to 1A.. and hopefully one day we’re competitive enough again to have something for them lol

That was 9 seasons ago.  Both schools have went in different directions. Just that it's debatable that the top teams in 2A could or could not beat them is a testament to Riverheads.  Like them or not, they are very good.

17 minutes ago, Fairlawncat said:

At least Riverheads Bleachers are not caved in or just crooked like New Kent's.  Those Bleachers got that way after I had a meal at McDonalds a couple of years back and set on the left side in your view.  I guess they still haven't fixed em

334830620_Screenshot(7).png.09386bb6087502f70276a884784a8d1d.png

Damn that looks dangerous as hell.  Must be a sinkhole under there

35 minutes ago, Fairlawncat said:

At least Riverheads Bleachers are not caved in or just crooked like New Kent's.  Those Bleachers got that way after I had a meal at McDonalds a couple of years back and set on the left side in your view.  I guess they still haven't fixed em

334830620_Screenshot(7).png.09386bb6087502f70276a884784a8d1d.png

I think Happy Gilmore won the Gold Jacket there. 

21 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

I can tell you that @1in Stripes called that upset yesterday morning. I have the texts to prove it lol. 

TS is very good when they are out of quarantine and able to prepare for teams.  Couple that with JI Burton I think maybe having one day to prepare for TS due to quarantine.  I wasn’t aware Coach Caudill wouldn’t be there, and I am sure that made a big impact also.

It just seemed like a perfect storm for TS and they executed on their end and took advantage of it. Kudos to Coach Warner and his staff.  

1 hour ago, 1inStripes said:

TS is very good when they are out of quarantine and able to prepare for teams.  Couple that with JI Burton I think maybe having one day to prepare for TS due to quarantine.  I wasn’t aware Coach Caudill wouldn’t be there, and I am sure that made a big impact also.

It just seemed like a perfect storm for TS and they executed on their end and took advantage of it. Kudos to Coach Warner and his staff.  

I was telling someone the week before TS was gonna win that district, it looks pretty solid there. 

On 9/25/2021 at 6:10 PM, BigWinners said:

I'm just saying the one truly quality team RH has played, Draft, was very competitive and in the game til the end. LB got boatraced by Appo just as bad and Tazwell clearly is a step down from last year. 

Appo also had two TD"s called back (their fault) and lost a fumble once at the LB 25 and another lost fumble at the LB 5.  

Score could have been at least 2 td's more.   

On 9/25/2021 at 6:20 PM, vtdavis4321 said:

Not anymore.  Appo is now near 100%.  There last 2 scores have proven that.  They are now back to old form and running through people.

Getting closer but still not there.  Missing a key member of the line that goes two ways.  

On 9/25/2021 at 7:02 PM, GusDaGuesser said:

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Just kidding but cmon man. They beat Stuart’s Draft every year and Stuart’s Draft almost beat Appomattox in the state finals in the spring. That game was a lot closer than Graham or Union was to Appomattox 

From what I heard about their game last year was that barring some stupid unsporstman like penalties late in the game that Draft would have won.  Not saying the penalties weren't warranted but that they handed the win to RH.

Plus Appo lost their big back right before they went up 14-0 in that game (knee) he could play defense (not at 100 percent though) but couldn't run the ball due to the chance of getting hit on the knee.

NOW.... That is taking nothing away from Draft.  They were loaded and ready to play.  Appomattox fans knew they were in a knock down brawl of a game there, we just jumped on them early and were able to hold on.  There was NO QUIT in that team.   The fact that Riverheads played with them and beat them says enough to me to know that they are a great team. 

Sometimes it's not who you beat or lost against. Some teams match up better and play a tougher or worse game sometimes. Look at Dan River vs Appo history. Dan over the past few years has played Appo much better than their record would make you think.

On 9/25/2021 at 8:25 PM, Liam McPoyle said:

One thing about Riverheads is not in doubt. They have the largest pressbox relative to home bleachers.

image004.png

Actually that is the visitors side. I took this picture standing on the bottom row of the home side bleachers.

23 minutes ago, Bluefield researcher said:

Actually that is the visitors side. I took this picture standing on the bottom row of the home side bleachers.

When we played the state championship there the home team set on the pressbox side.

Just now, MT FAN 91 said:

When we played the state championship there the home team set on the pressbox side.

1 minute ago, MT FAN 91 said:

My notes show that this picture was taken May 8, 2015. Perhaps the home side was flipped? Possibly when new bleachers were installed? Perhaps the visitors use the new bleachers and the home fans sit on the hill?

5 minutes ago, Bluefield researcher said:

My notes show that this picture was taken May 8, 2015. Perhaps the home side was flipped? Possibly when new bleachers were installed? Perhaps the visitors use the new bleachers and the home fans sit on the hill?

All that is very possible, I just know we sit on the side from where the pic was taken during the state game. I know a couple of guys from Riverheads are on here from time to time and I'm sure they can clarify.