Virginia High @ Spotswood

V-Cats

Continuing the new tradition of teams looking far and wide to find Covid-related replacement games, Virginia High will be traveling up past Harrisonburg on Friday to play Class 3 Spotswood

The Blazers are 1-3 this year with a win over Charlottesville and losses to John Handley, Wilson Memorial, and William Monroe

The Cats were originally going to play Rockbridge County on Friday but that changed today

52 minutes ago, V-Cats said:

Continuing the new tradition of teams looking far and wide to find Covid-related replacement games, Virginia High will be traveling up past Harrisonburg on Friday to play Class 3 Spotswood

The Blazers are 1-3 this year with a win over Charlottesville and losses to John Handley, Wilson Memorial, and William Monroe

The Cats were originally going to play Rockbridge County on Friday but that changed today

That’s a good haul on a Friday. 

1 hour ago, jarhead24219 said:

They didnt want to loose...........by a bunch

Beavers aren't the powerhouse this year that they have been.  Plus the fact of being off for a few weeks, Cats would have had a good game there and good chance of winning as well.

7 hours ago, jarhead24219 said:

Va High is good at the skill positions by the GMEN would crush their line , and nobody is going to outball Bradshaw, 

Virginia High is not as good at the skilled positions as Graham, and Virginia High is not as good on the line as Graham.  Yea, I disagree with the statement.  

Having seen both teams I'll say this, arm tackles are easily broken by V High and will break lose.  Raw speed I'm not sold on 100% as their star players broke the tackles but didn't really run away from our players, but we couldn't catch them once they were past.  They are good but we did break through the line several times just bad angles and arm tackles again.  Their D line penetrated much harder than what Graham did and that was technically the first game for both of them.  Bradshaw is shifty and elusive and I would say faster than what they have if he plays and doesn't take plays off like I have noticed.  Both teams are tough defensively up the middle and both are susceptible to the mid-short pass.  Didn't really get to see special teams but think equal there.  V High will make it a game for sure but Graham ultimately wins IF they keep their penalties in check.