Backyard Brawl! Richlands @ Tazewell

bulldog05-CO2017

11 hours ago, vtdavis4321 said:

He's broken Tazewell records and no doubt, he is very good.  An incredible freshman, but lets be realistic also.  Tazewell might.......might have DOUBLE the amount of passing attempts this year than any year in its football history.  There is hands down no question Tazewell by season's end, will easily have the most passing attempts for a Tazewell football team in the history of its existence, but they may have already broken that record literally right now, at this point in the season.  It's like a running back who gets 100 yds.  Yea, he got it, but he had 27 carries, etc.  Not to take away the Bulldog QB is who is clearly very good for a freshman and will be incredible his junior and senior year, but lets be honest here, they put the ball in the air not just a little bit, but a whole lot.

Interesting stat question I have for those that keep them.  Ok so we know he has over 1300 yds through 5 games, what is is completion-attempt numbers?

28 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Interesting stat question I have for those that keep them.  Ok so we know he has over 1300 yds through 5 games, what is is completion-attempt numbers?

Unofficially he’s 

Completions: 111

Attempts: 170

Completion %: 65%

Yards: 1330

Touchdowns:  12

Hearing chatter that both teams have had players quit, and a lot of desention on Tazewell's side, with the VHSL.  I don't pay much attention to the chatter, so I think this will be one heck of a game.  When these two go at it, throw out the records and let the chips fall where they may.  Tazewell is very cabable of beating Richlands, and Richlands likewise is cabable of beating Tazewell.  IMO I'll take Richlands by 7 because of the line play and running the ball.  I for one am just glad that this game has become competitive again.  Come Friday night hold onto your hat because it's going to be one of the old fashion type games you love to see. GO BLUES!!!

2 hours ago, Blue 72 said:

Hearing chatter that both teams have had players quit, and a lot of desention on Tazewell's side, with the VHSL.  I don't pay much attention to the chatter, so I think this will be one heck of a game.  When these two go at it, throw out the records and let the chips fall where they may.  Tazewell is very cabable of beating Richlands, and Richlands likewise is cabable of beating Tazewell.  IMO I'll take Richlands by 7 because of the line play and running the ball.  I for one am just glad that this game has become competitive again.  Come Friday night hold onto your hat because it's going to be one of the old fashion type games you love to see. GO BLUES!!!

Chatter is just that chatter but I am curious what have you heard on the Tazewell side?  Not working in the area I don't get to hear a lot but am curious still yet.

1 hour ago, stu_bean said:

Chatter is just that chatter but I am curious what have you heard on the Tazewell side?  Not working in the area I don't get to hear a lot but am curious still yet.

Rather not go to deep because unamed sorce credibility, but was told a VHSL rep. was at the Riverheads game and had a talk to Tazewell's coach about something, and I would rather not elabrate on the something, if you know what I mean.  Also been chattered that some players were upset about the playing time of freshmen versus seniors, but who the heck knows, to me it's more than likely someone wanting to start sh-- about something they don't even know about.  Talk is talk and until there is prove, I don't put stock in the talk.  I hope Tazewell and Richlands both have a full slate of players Friday and both have a safe game. GO BLUES!!!

37 minutes ago, Blue 72 said:

Rather not go to deep because unamed sorce credibility, but was told a VHSL rep. was at the Riverheads game and had a talk to Tazewell's coach about something, and I would rather not elabrate on the something, if you know what I mean.  Also been chattered that some players were upset about the playing time of freshmen versus seniors, but who the heck knows, to me it's more than likely someone wanting to start sh-- about something they don't even know about.  Talk is talk and until there is prove, I don't put stock in the talk.  I hope Tazewell and Richlands both have a full slate of players Friday and both have a safe game. GO BLUES!!!

If there is any truth to any of it, then it will come out eventually.  Who knows with it.  I can understand the senior vs freshman thing but bottom line is you put the players in the position that best fit the role and give you the best chance to win.  I hope it is a bunch of bs and agree just hope for safe game and let's see a new streak begin with the Dogs winning the 20's after losing the 00's and 10's.

3 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

I heard that as well. If the parents at Tazewell are not happy with the playing time, pass attempts, rushes, etc. My recommendation is to just sent Harris and Carter to Graham and the issue will be resolved. 

Can promise that Creasy bleeds green and no worries of that 😁

17 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

I heard that as well. If the parents at Tazewell are not happy with the playing time, pass attempts, rushes, etc. My recommendation is to just sent Harris and Carter to Graham and the issue will be resolved. 

There’s been a little chatter from a vocal minority regarding playing time, distribution of the football, etc.  What’s dumbfounding to me is that this is easily Coach Harris’s best job of roster management.  There’s not a lot of depth to choose from, particularly on the lines (though help is on the way).  He’s putting his players in their best positions to win.  You have a generationally-good QB, several fast guys with high football IQs, and depth issues on the line.  What else would you run but a run-and-shoot?  A freshman WR just had a stat line of 4-104-3 for goodness sakes.  There’s no pleasing some people.

Tazewell has lost a couple players, but has also recently gained a couple in return.  

As for the VHSL rumors, I’ve heard absolutely nothing regarding any friction between Tazewell and the VHSL.  Had there been something, I would’ve.

8 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

There’s been a little chatter from a vocal minority regarding playing time, distribution of the football, etc.  What’s dumbfounding to me is that this is easily Coach Harris’s best job of roster management.  There’s not a lot of depth to choose from, particularly on the lines (though help is on the way).  He’s putting his players in their best positions to win.  You have a generationally-good QB, several fast guys with high football IQs, and depth issues on the line.  What else would you run but a run-and-shoot?  A freshman WR just had a stat line of 4-104-3 for goodness sakes.  There’s no pleasing some people.

Tazewell has lost a couple players, but has also recently gained a couple in return.  

As for the VHSL rumors, I’ve heard absolutely nothing regarding any friction between Tazewell and the VHSL.  Had there been something, I would’ve.

As a fan, parent, grandparent, second cousin twice removed, whatever the case may be. When you get frustrated or upset about playing time, carries, etc always ask yourself one question. Who on that sideline can do the job better than the person that's doing it now? MOST of the time the answer is.......nobody. The only question I would have for Coach Harris is why isn't Carter playing somewhere on that field on defense? Everyone talks about his ability to throw. Granted its pretty good but he is a head hunter on defense. Get him on the field regardless of who's feelings it hurts!

I'm always enamored on how many different shades of green you can find inside Bulldog Stadium, truly a sight to see!

Also, where should I park just in case there happens to be another parade?  I'd really like to avoid that at all costs. 

1 hour ago, Mountain Football said:

I thought Tazewell Co parents that go to board members and principals over playing time and such are ridiculous but going to VHSL takes that to a whole other level. Those parents can stay in Tazewell 😂. But yeah, Creasy & Harris can come 460E 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

I thought Tazewell Co parents that go to board members and principals over playing time and such are ridiculous but going to VHSL takes that to a whole other level. Those parents can stay in Tazewell 😂. But yeah, Creasy & Harris can come 460E 😂😂😂

It's a partial reason why Nick Colobro didn't have round two as Tazewell's head coach. For a small town, there are an insane amount of dumbas$es flooding the population. I can't even imagine what Coach Harris has to go through. Certainly, the majority of the folks in TTown are good people, but let's face it, there are a heavy load of dumbarse fans intertwined, and although very small in number, they do their best to ruin it for the whole bunch. Every school and town has em, but the ones at Tazewell really seem to shine.

28 minutes ago, vtdavis4321 said:

It's a partial reason why Nick Colobro didn't have round two as Tazewell's head coach. For a small town, there are an insane amount of dumbas$es flooding the population. I can't even imagine what Coach Harris has to go through. Certainly, the majority of the folks in TTown are good people, but let's face it, there are a heavy load of dumbarse fans intertwined, and although very small in number, they do their best to ruin it for the whole bunch. Every school and town has em, but the ones at Tazewell really seem to shine.

Isn’t that what happened to Harris Hart too? Parents?

2 hours ago, Mountain Football said:

As a fan, parent, grandparent, second cousin twice removed, whatever the case may be. When you get frustrated or upset about playing time, carries, etc always ask yourself one question. Who on that sideline can do the job better than the person that's doing it now? MOST of the time the answer is.......nobody. The only question I would have for Coach Harris is why isn't Carter playing somewhere on that field on defense? Everyone talks about his ability to throw. Granted its pretty good but he is a head hunter on defense. Get him on the field regardless of who's feelings it hurts!

Carter did play a little defense in the 4th quarter against Mount View.  That was an “all hands on deck” situation where a stop meant the difference in the game.  I anticipate that he’s available as an emergency option on defense.  The issue, though, is that there’s no one that can quite run the offense like Carter, and it would be substantially more difficult for Tazewell to excel without him.

2 hours ago, cityofRaven said:

I'm always enamored on how many different shades of green you can find inside Bulldog Stadium, truly a sight to see!

Also, where should I park just in case there happens to be another parade?  I'd really like to avoid that at all costs. 

There’s ample parking beside the Fieldhouse, where the James C. Ramey, Sr. Cup resides.  🙂

6 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

There’s ample parking beside the Fieldhouse, where the James C. Ramey, Sr. Cup resides.  🙂

I'm sure that trophy still needs a map to get around town as little time as it's been there over the past two decades.

2 hours ago, cityofRaven said:

This is a very ironic statement knowing that Richlands logo and end zone on their field is a royal blue(ish) color with a Hex number around #0957C3 instead of their normal school color of navy blue with a Hex number of around #000080.

Don’t be a hypocrite. 

19 minutes ago, Hokies1977 said:

This is a very ironic statement knowing that Richlands logo and end zone on their field is a royal blue(ish) color with a Hex number around #0957C3 instead of their normal school color of navy blue with a Hex number of around #000080.

Don’t be a hypocrite. 

That’s getting fixed very soon. 

1 hour ago, Hokies1977 said:

Don’t be a hypocrite. 

I took his statement to mean “green” with envy in reference to parents complaining about playing time not actual various shades of green. Maybe I misconstrued the post. I’ve never really paid attention to colors at other stadiums & if they match. 

34 minutes ago, Hokies1977 said:

Don’t be a hypocrite. 

Two things

1. The thing that separates Tazewell's Stadium and Richlands' turf is the fact that an outside source paid for our turf, kinda hard to be too picky there, and Tazewell could have bought one shade of green paint in bulk and fixed the problem.

2. If you take things on this message board so literal that you dig into your color wheel for reference, you should probably find a hobby for enjoyment.

51 minutes ago, Hokies1977 said:

Don’t be a hypocrite. 

Never seen a hex code Roast before  @cityofRaven