Backyard Brawl! Richlands @ Tazewell

bulldog05-CO2017

For years Richlands has dominated the district and now that their recruiting numbers are at an all time low they can’t take it.  Make fun of our parades and anything else that we do on ttown, but at least we have stayed true to who we are, through the good and the bad.  Will your 12th man show tonight or will he stay at home because he don’t believe in your program anymore either?  Our Principal will remember to get the trophy out of the case and bring it to the game, but it’s staying in Tazewell another year!  It might be raining, but the storm is CANCELED!

Arm Chair coaching LOL: Winning formula for both teams from the arm chair--Richlands offense: run ground and pond, 4 yards and a cloud of dust, occasional slant or screen pass. Defence: Blitz one from different D-back position every play, contain QB. Taxewell offense: QB throws deep ball any where down the field, let receviers track it down, occasional run or screen pass. Defense: 2 deep safeties, stack the box, hit the QB every play.

Now I know a lot will be upset about this post, but I'm sure everyone on this board does the armchair coaching thing.  I hope this turns out to be an old fashion blow for blow game, with the Blues coming out on top and all players safe and respectful.  Reminds me of sibling rivilary, brother on brother. Everybody is talking about the field conditions, its football, play in the mud, play in the rain, play in the snow, that's the good old fashion way and to this day the Richlands vs Tazewell Regional championship played on that same field in sloppy snow conditions when Muncy and Rasnic were star players for Tazewell is still remembered as one of the best games between these two..  GO BLUES!!!!!

3 hours ago, Ttownbitch said:

For years Richlands has dominated the district and now that their recruiting numbers are at an all time low they can’t take it.  Make fun of our parades and anything else that we do on ttown, but at least we have stayed true to who we are, through the good and the bad.  Will your 12th man show tonight or will he stay at home because he don’t believe in your program anymore either?  Our Principal will remember to get the trophy out of the case and bring it to the game, but it’s staying in Tazewell another year!  It might be raining, but the storm is CANCELED!

He won't have a hard time finding that trophy. There's only two in the whole case😂😂😂 I kid I kid. Can @cityofRaven be the honorary guest grand marshal of the parade?

1 minute ago, cityofRaven said:

You are really talking about trophies? Our Softball program has more State Titles than your entire school... 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻Good for you!

Also, are you guys too lazy to paint hash marks on the field? 🙀

32 minutes ago, Ttownbitch said:

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻Good for you!

as for hashtags…petty

Don’t be causing problems for us Dog fans. Hell, they don’t let get away with anything! 🤷‍♂️😂

1 hour ago, Ttownbitch said:

No hardly!  

5 hours ago, Ttownbitch said:

What planet you been living on? The school in Bluefield has ruled the roost for a few years now. 

2 hours ago, cityofRaven said:

You are really talking about trophies? Our Softball program has more State Titles than your entire school...

Also, are you guys too lazy to paint hash marks on the field?

CE61-ACB8-E41-C-46-D4-B999-2-BA5-B9-D4-E
Is that better?

I’m very proud of our guys tonight.  It came down to execution, plainly and simply.  Richlands’s was better than Tazewell’s by a fraction.  That happens sometimes, especially with high school young men.  I don’t think that streak will reach 17 again, that’s for sure.  Future is bright for Tazewell, and the lumps they take this year will serve them very well next year.

23 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

I’m very proud of our guys tonight.  It came down to execution, plainly and simply.  Richlands’s was better than Tazewell’s by a fraction.  That happens sometimes, especially with high school young men.  I don’t think that streak will reach 17 again, that’s for sure.  Future is bright for Tazewell, and the lumps they take this year will serve them very well next year.

Lot of youth on that Tazewell team, they had a good showing.

21 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Lot of youth on that Tazewell team, they had a good showing.

The future is very, very bright.  No seniors on Tazewell’s OL tonight.  You lose Jared Mullins and Ethan Mills but bring back Cassius Harris, Logan McDonald, and all Tazewell’s RBs.  Losses will hit the defense a little harder, but Tazewell will return 6 players on that side of the ball also.  Some good looking kids coming up the pipe next season, and they have size.

Meanwhile, Richlands loses 19 seniors.

I’m optimistic for next year and beyond.  But first thing’s first, the Dawgs need to beat Marion to earn a trip to Bullitt Park.  I’ve never been there, and calling a game there would be a whale of a treat.

UVA observer is a gman and also apparently a bulldog he hates Richlands and spreads a false narrative to anyone who will listen. He hates us for all the decades of domination to both of his teams. According to him we have a major talent drain coming, which I find comical. 

1 hour ago, UVAObserver said:

But first thing’s first, the Dawgs need to beat Marion to earn a trip to Bullitt Park.  I’ve never been there, and calling a game there would be a whale of a treat.

No one will be able to hear you calling the game over the train horn. 😂😂😂 

Whew... What a game this year! Wow... 

Tazewell honestly didn't deserve to lose this one and if you look at the stats, its shocking that they did. They took advantage of a bad second half defense by Richlands. It was almost comically bad. Tazewell ran three different plays going in various directions effectively, but a good defense coordinator would see that and adjust accordingly. It was like Richlands couldn't figure out. A lot can be said about the talent levels in Richlands, but its more on the coaching staff in my mind. It is something to show that your emotionally invested in the game by screaming and hooting on the sidelines, but changing the game plan when something isn't working is another. Most of the coaching staff feel like they are going by the numbers and too stubborn to go against their game plan. That quarterback for Tazewell is something else though. He will be an issue for a long time. 

Love that we play Marion next week and hate that Tazewell plays Bluefield because Bluefield is gonna be upset over this Graham loss this week.