Backyard Brawl! Richlands @ Tazewell

bulldog05-CO2017

34 minutes ago, Tornado 🌪 99 said:

UVA observer is a gman and also apparently a bulldog he hates Richlands and spreads a false narrative to anyone who will listen. He hates us for all the decades of domination to both of his teams. According to him we have a major talent drain coming, which I find comical. 

Yeah, you clearly don’t know much about UVAO as a human being. Dude is about as good a guy as you could ask for, and does a great job. 

This is a bad take. 

37 minutes ago, Tornado 🌪 99 said:

UVA observer is a gman and also apparently a bulldog he hates Richlands and spreads a false narrative to anyone who will listen. He hates us for all the decades of domination to both of his teams. According to him we have a major talent drain coming, which I find comical. 

Bulldog fan or not, you got a long road ahead of you if you think that & obviously ain’t seen what Tazewell has to offer being such a young team. I think it’s gonna come down to the last seconds for the next couple of years. I see a combination of Creasy/McDonald burning some ass 3 years from now, I also see Kaizon Taylor getting better. Our line is also only gonna get bigger. Nothing against Richlands. But the 60+ to nothing days are far over with. I only see Richlands winning one more. The other 3 they may get 35 points combined in all 3 games. I don’t hate Richlands, but I’ll be damned if I’ll sugar coat anything. 

As far as Richlands tho, I really wish them the best the remaining season. They played a hard fought game and either team that got the W rather it be Richlands or Tazewell they earned it. And Richlands did!

Helluva game tonight. What more could you ask for?? A well officiated game that came down to the last play. Proud of Richlands for taking Tazewells punches in the sound half and giving a few back and holding on at the end. The Creasey kid is as advertised. He’s gonna be a thorn in the regions side if the Dogs have talent around him. 

These teams are separated by 3 points in 2021, with both games being barnburners. Glad the rivalry is back.  

Good luck to the Dogs the rest of the way. 

13 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Helluva game tonight. What more could you ask for?? A well officiated game that came down to the last play. Proud of Richlands for taking Tazewells punches in the sound half and giving a few back and holding on at the end. The Creasey kid is as advertised. He’s gonna be a thorn in the regions side if the Dogs have talent around him. 

These teams are separated by 3 points in 2021, with both games being barnburners. Glad the rivalry is back.  

I agree Ryan. Same to the blues as well! Believe it or not I’ve been known to go to a Richlands game with an R on my hoodie. It’s just all about the rivalry. And when there is a rivalry there is trash talk!😂

6 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

I'll agree with you except the officiated part. Lots and I means lots of non calls on both sides. But at least it was overall equal on that. 

9 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

I'll agree with you except the officiated part. Lots and I means lots of non calls on both sides. But at least it was overall equal on that. 

I like it when they let them play and aren't calling holding all night long. Of course, I don't know what calls y'all's refs weren't calling or were bad calls but the crew in Bluefield was decent & wasn't throwing laundry all night. 

7 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

What if I told you the same crew you thought was atrocious last week was the same crew this week? It’s almost as if the result of the game determines folks opinions on the officiating no matter what calls were or were not made. 

24 minutes ago, chipinbogey said:

What if I told you the same crew you thought was atrocious last week was the same crew this week? It’s almost as if the result of the game determines folks opinions on the officiating no matter what calls were or were not made. 

Last week was whatever. It was the Mt View game that was the joke of no calls being made. 

I saw several times we should have been flagged for illegal shift or false start and we weren't. There was a roughing the qb that wasn't called on Richlands and some false starts with them not called. Not to mention some blatant holds Richlands had and we probably had a few as well. 

So if it was same as Mt View game I would believe it. Did it affect the outcome, no but it still is what it is. 

But I will agree with you there as the outcome does sway opinions. It's only natural to find something to blame

23 minutes ago, chipinbogey said:

I’m sorry I hurt your feelings last week. But I’ll stand by what I said. If it takes a crew 8 minutes to figure out a spot… and it’s still wrong at the end, then it’s not good. 

Sorry, again, that I’ve hurt your feelings. 

1 minute ago, stu_bean said:

Last week was whatever. It was the Mt View game that was the joke of no calls being made. 

I saw several times we should have been flagged for illegal shift or false start and we weren't. There was a roughing the qb that wasn't called on Richlands and some false starts with them not called. Not to mention some blatant holds Richlands had and we probably had a few as well. 

So if it was same as Mt View game I would believe it. Did it affect the outcome, no but it still is what it is. 

That’s what I mean by well officiated. It wasn’t slanted one way or the other. A few holds missed. A few motion penalties missed. But they let them play both ways and that’s fine by me. Even if the game had went the other way, I still would have said it was officiated pretty well given the conditions and the rivalry. 

1 minute ago, Ryan4VT said:

That’s what I mean by well officiated. It wasn’t slanted one way or the other. A few holds missed. A few motion penalties missed. But they let them play both ways and that’s fine by me. Even if the game had went the other way, I still would have said it was officiated pretty well given the conditions and the rivalry. 

The only penalties I get upset about not being called are the late hits. To many injuries can happen that way. Only saw the one last night and again wouldn't have affected the outcome. But remind the players you can't get away with that. As long as its even then fine. But call those dangerous ones at least. 

Just now, stu_bean said:

The only penalties I get upset about not being called are the late hits. To many injuries can happen that way. Only saw the one last night and again wouldn't have affected the outcome. But remind the players you can't get away with that. As long as its even then fine. But call those dangerous ones at least. 

It was a physical game for sure. Lots of big hits both ways. Both teams are gonna be sore this weekend lol. 

I guess sometimes we all expect to much from the refs and I don't mean that in a bad way. They overall are doing the best they can being stretched thin overworked and hardly paid for it. Just as a die hard fan with passion we want to see every little thing called that hurts the other team haha

Just now, chipinbogey said:

Look guys, Ryan made a funny on the internet. Let’s all laugh along with him.

Now god forbid we mention cleats around him because that definitely is NOT funny anymore 😂

Didn’t realize saying sorry for upsetting you was funny, but okay.

2 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Mount View middle is looking good, so good news for Graham, I guess.😇 

If McDowell County talent hadn't dried up, the Blues might have resumed field house tours & rental assistance program 😉

(All in good fun Blues before y'all get bent out of shape). 

3 hours ago, Mountain Football said:

That's great news! Couple that with a MS team that beat the brakes off Richlands and Tazewell already this year should make for a decent varsity team🤞

Funny stuff.  You know Im just messin with ya.  Graham's program is a model program for our area.